Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Car Crash Hearts

Chapter 5: Broken Vessel

by patricksgirl84 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-01-07 - Updated: 2008-01-08 - 1419 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 5: Broken Vessel

Tina got out of the shower and went to her bedroom. She put on a purple skirt and white button shirt. She then put on a little blush, lip gloss, and mascara. She heard the doorbell. Tina quickly put on her shoes and grabbed her purse. She walked down the stairs. “Hi Billy. How are you?” “Good. You look beautiful.” “Thank you. Have you met my parents?” “No, your brother let me in.” “Alright. Come into the living room.” Billy followed Tina.

“Mom, dad, this is Billy. He is in some of my classes.” “Nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Alvavado.” “What are your plans for tonight?” “Uh, well, I thought we would go to a movie and then for some coffee.” “Okay. Do you have your cell, Tina?” “Yes, dad. We are going to go now.” “Be home by midnight.” “Alright.” Tina and Billy walked to his car. “Tina, who is that guy over there giving me the death stare.” Tina looked behind her. “That’s Pete. I met him the first day we moved here. We’ve become friends. I think he is just looking out for me. In his own way. Don’t pay any attention. He’s harmless.”
Billy opened the car door for Tina and she got in. Billy went around and got in. “So, do you like Chicago so far?” “Yeah, it’s different than Texas. I’m not really looking forward to the winters though.” “They can be really bad. Last year wasn’t too bad. What movie would you like to see?” “I seen that 'Saw' was playing. I’m kinda in the mood for a horror movie.” “Sounds good.” They arrived to the theatre and Billy paid for the tickets and popcorn and cokes. They found their seats. For a few minute no one said anything. “How do you like school?” Bill asked. “It’s alright. I know a few people because they are friends of Pete. Otherwise, it probably would have been worse. I miss my friends, even though I didn’t have too many.” “It’s got to be hard to move away during your last year of high school.” “It is, but to tell you the truth it hasn’t been that difficult.” “That’s good.”

The movie started and Tina relaxed more. Halfway through the movie Billy reached over and took Tina’s hand. He looked at her and she looked at him and smiled. After the movie they sat in their seats. “There is a little coffee shop a block away. Do you want to walk?” “Sure. That would be nice.” They walked hand in hand to the coffee shop. They ordered two coffee’s and sat down at a table.

“I really don’t know much about you. What are some things you like to do?” Billy asked. “I play guitar, write songs, listen to music, and write stories.” “Sounds like you are very creative.” “Yeah. I like to get things out. And for me, that is how.” “My family tends to keep things in. If we don’t talk about it, it didn’t happen.” “That can’t be good.” “No, we are pretty much dysfunctional.” “Aren’t we all.” Billy laughed. “I guess you are right.” “Oh crap.” “What’s wrong?” Billy turned around. “It’s Pete.” Tina said. “Do you want to leave?” “No, I just hope he doesn’t say anything.”

Just then Pete turned and seen Tina. He walked over to where they were. “Hey Tina. Who is your friend?” He looked at Billy. “This is Billy. He’s from school.” “Hello. I’m Pete. I live next door to Tina.” “Yeah, I seen you watching us leave.” “I was taking my dog for a walk.” “Funny, I didn’t see a dog.”

“She was there.” “Sure she was.” “Anyway, what are you intentions with Tina?” “Pete! That’s uncalled for. Billy, you don’t need to answer that.” “I just want to makes sure he won’t do anything to hurt you.” “Listen, this is Tina and my first date. We don’t want an asshole like you to ruin it. Can you leave?” “Um, no. You remind me of all the dicks in high school. Taking advantage of girls. You think you are a smooth talker.” “Okay, Pete. That’s enough.” Tina stood up and grabbed Pete’s arm. “I’ll be right back, Billy.”

Pete and Tina went outside. “What the hell is going on?” Tina asked. “Nothing.” “Come on. Your being a real jerk.” “I don’t trust him. You deserve better.” “You don’t even know him. Plus, I can make my own decisions.” “I’m just looking out for you. When you first came here you said you weren’t ready for a boyfriend and now you’re with him.” “How do you know that I’m not ready for a boyfriend?” “Uh, I heard you talking with Destiny and Brittany.” “For your information, I thought I wasn’t. I guess I was wrong. Another thing. We are just going on a date. I need to get out. I haven’t been on a date since my ex.” “Why? What did he do?” “It’s none of your business and nothing. You wouldn’t understand.” “Did he hurt you?” “Pete, I don’t want to talk about my ex right now.” “Was he an asshole? He must have been to let you go.” Tina started at Pete for a couple seconds and slapped him. “Leave me alone. You know nothing that Danny went through. You whine about your girlfriend, school and your parents. Danny would have been glad to have those things. Go home.” “Tina had tears rolling down her cheeks. She walked back inside the coffee shop. Pete watched her leave. “Damn.” He threw his coffee cup in the trash and went home.

Tina sat back down. “I’m sorry about that.” She told Billy. “Are you alright?” “Yeah, he just brought up some memories.” “Anything you want to talk about?” “No, I’ll be fine. Thank you. Can we talk about something else?” “Sure. I guess we were talking about hobbies. Some of mine are writing, drawing, and basketball. I’m on the team at school. Right now we are practicing for the start of the season. You’ll need to come to a game.” “That sounds like fun. You’ll have to let me know when they start.” “I will.” He smiled at Tina. “Billy, I’ve had a really nice time, but I think I’d like to go home.” “Is it to do with Pete?” “Yeah, I’m sorry.” “No, it’s alright. Just as long as it’s not me.” “It isn’t.” She put her hand on top of his. “Good. Could we go out again?” “I’d like to.” “Alright. Are you doing anything next Wednesday?” “No, just homework.” “Would you like to go out for supper and study together?” “Sure.”

Billy took Tina home. They sat in the car. “ “I had a really good time, Billy. I’m sorry that Pete showed up.” “It’s not your fault. I’m glad you had a good time.” “So did I.” “Well, I better get going.” “Um, I don’t know how to ask you, could I have a kiss?” Tina smiled. “Sure.” Billy leaned in and gave Tina a quick kiss. “I’ll see you at school on Monday. Maybe I’ll call you on Sunday.” “Okay. Talk to you later.” She got out of the car and walked into the house. No one was up, so she walked upstairs and told her parents she was home. She went to her bedroom. She noticed she had her instant messenger on. There were a few messages.

petahpanda: tina, are you there? please answer.
petahpanda: I’m sorry. I guess you are still out. Maybe I’ll text you.
petahpanda: I want you to know I’m sorry. I need to talk to you. I just seen that you came home. Please respond to me. I need to talk to you
petahpanda: i’ll try later.
petahpanda has signed out.

Tina got undressed and put on a t-shirt and pajama pants. She got out her cell and check the text messages. There were ten messages from Pete. She decided to text him back.

Please don’t text/Im me. I’ll talk 2 u tomorrow. I’m not in the mood to talk. Bye.
Sign up to rate and review this story