Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses

The Night Before Christmas

by midnight_moonlight 4 reviews

Izzy's all alone on the most special night of the year. Christmas fic for Otaku93. :)

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2008-01-08 - Updated: 2008-01-08 - 1165 words - Complete

3Moving
'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring. Except for...

“Happy Christmas to me, Happy Christmas to me. Happy Christmas dear Izzy, Happy Christmas to me.”

Bathed in the light of a few lonely fairy lights and with only a threadbare tree for company, Izzy sighed and sat back into the battered couch. A lone gift sat beneath the tree's undecorated branches; Izzy's only friend on the most special night of the year.

The gift was from Slash, “a little something” he'd handed to Izzy as he'd scarpered for the airport. They were all gone. All except Izzy. Axl and Erin had gone back to Indiana. Duff and his girlfriend were headed for Seattle and Slash and Yvonne had done a runner for England. Steven was still in LA but Izzy had no idea where.

Probably out of his face on drugs, Izzy had thought.

It had left only Izzy, lonely and with no company, female or otherwise, at the house. His girlfriend had upped and left a few days earlier, citing Izzy's dedication to music as her reason. That and something about him having his eye on someone else. Izzy couldn't imagine what she'd been talking about.

Lying on the couch, he pulled a ratty blanket around himself. Tear prickled his eyes as he stared at the tree, the one and only Christmas-like icon in the entire house. There were no cards and only a desperate looking gift to remind him that it was December 24th. Izzy focused on the gift and his heart lurched, a tear sliding down his face. Out of the whole band, his gang of fellow street brothers, only Slash seemed to care about him.

Wiping the tear away, Izzy slid from the couch and gingerly picked up the gift. Gently he shook it and sniffed it, trying to work out exactly what was beneath the cheap paper. He looked at the clock. 11.24pm. 36 minutes until it was officially Christmas Day.

“I know I shouldn't ...” he sighed.

Slowly he pulled on the ribbon that held it together, trying to savour the opening of his only gift. At least it was one more than the year before. He knew he had to be thankful for that.

Pulling the paper away, Izzy found himself looking at a battered box. There was a note attached to the lid.

Sorry it's not much but I hope you like it. Happy Christmas Izzy! Love, Slash.

He sat for a moment, the box resting in his lap, just staring at it. Then he slowly took the lid off and peered inside. A black bundle of fabric was stuffed inside. Taking it out, Izzy unfolded it and smiled as the hat he'd admired a few weeks earlier fell open. He'd been out with Slash, walking and talking along the Sunset Strip, when he'd noticed a floppy, black hat in a store. It had been $20, far more than he'd had at the time, so he'd smiled and left it, a little heart broken over it. But now it was here, in his hands. Tucking his hair behind his ears, he pushed it onto his head. Cocking his head to one side, he looked in a nearby mirror and admired his reflection. He looked good.

“I knew you'd like it.” Slash's soft voice made him jump and he turned to see the curly haired guitarist standing by the door.

“What are you doing here?” Izzy quietly asked. “You're supposed to be on a plane...”

Slash dropped his head, his hands twisting in front of him.

“I've got to tell you something and I couldn't leave without telling you. If you don't like what I have to say, I can go back to the airport and get put on standby...”

“Slash...” Izzy whispered, his hands held out in front of him.

Slash sat in front of him, eyes wide with worry behind the mass of curls.

“Izz, I don't know how you're gonna take this but...”

“Come on Slash. You can say it.” Izzy kept his voice low, sensing that whatever Slash had to say it was very important.

“Izz.” Slash sighed. “Oh fuck it.”

Suddenly Slash launched himself at Izzy, hands cupping his face and lips pressed against Izzy's, passionately kissing him. Izzy pulled back, shocked, and stared at Slash.

“I knew you wouldn't like it.” Slash began to get up but Izzy reached out, pulling him back down.

“What is it?” Izzy asked.

Slash sat on the floor, his body sloping forwards, staring at his hands.

“I've been living a lie Izz. Lots of strange feelings that I didn't know existed. I loved Yvonne.” He looked up, staring straight into Izzy's eyes. “But not as much as I love you. I didn't realise that I could even have feelings for men but I do. I had to tell you but you obviously don't swing that way. It was stupid to assume you'd have feelings for me. I'm sorry Izz. I hope we can still be friends.”

Izzy kept looking into the big brown eyes. They were glazed, filled with tears. Izzy felt his heart melt and he swallowed hard, fighting back his own tears. Rebellious curls fell into Slash's eyes as he averted his gaze. Reaching out, Izzy brushed them away, watching as Slash smiled and leaned into his touch.

“Slash,” he whispered, trying not to break the moment. “I'm shocked, but I'm shocked in a good way. You see, I fell in love with a man as well. I didn't realise that those feelings existed in me either. But I didn't think he was interested in me. I thought he was more interested in chasing pussy. So when I realised he that he wasn't really looking in my direction, I went back to chasing pussy too and put those feelings away. But I've just found out that my feelings have been returned and that he loves me.”

Smiling, Izzy leaned forward and pressed his lips against Slash's. His hands tangled in the mess of curls as Slash pulled him into his lap. The whole room seemed to light up and a feeling of warmth rushed through him. He clung to Slash as if he would save him from drowning in the amazing emotions that kept hitting him. Slash's arms were around him, holding him close as the kiss deepened, their tongues battling for dominance.

Eventually, with bruised lips and glazed eyes, they pulled apart and smiled at each other. For a moment, they sat in silence, gazing into the other's eyes. Their hands touched and stroked the unfamiliar curves of their new partner's body. Slash's fingers played with Izzy's hair, tucking it behind his ears before trailing down Izzy's face and over his lips.

“So you'll be mine?” asked Slash, quietly.

Izzy nodded and smiled. “Of course.”

Somewhere, in the distance, a clock struck midnight.

“Happy Christmas Izzy,” Slash whispered as he planted a kiss on his lips.

~~~The End~~~
Sign up to rate and review this story