Categories > TV > Criss Angel Mindfreak > Angel Eyes

A Magical Party

by Liz-sama 0 reviews

While trying to enjoy the party, Alli is offered to go with her friends to a magic show on the weekend. But an unwanted person makes his disgusting appearance before her, throwing her off her balan...

Category: Criss Angel Mindfreak - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Erotica,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2008-01-08 - Updated: 2008-01-09 - 2692 words

0Unrated
Chapter IV: A Magical Party

"Hey, Sam, Alli, glad you could make it!"

"Well, you know, it's not a party until we're here!"

"You got that right. Hey, want a drink?"

"Um…sure."

Alli only smiled as her friend ran off with a familiar face—but at the moment, unnoticeable—towards the kitchen of the crowded house. She looked around, trying not to pay attention to the couples crowding the hallways or making out on the staircase, and she walked into the even more crowded living room. Most of the people here she didn't know, but she did see some familiar faces, including an old high school friend that she remained in contact with even three years after graduation. She came out of nowhere and pulled her towards the back of the living room, the young woman's eyes wandering elsewhere, searching the doorways and whatever rooms she could see, and searching for any sign of someone in particular being there. However, her eyes were pulled towards the person dragging her to the fireplace, which was burning sweetly and picturesquely, the orange flames licking at the large pieces of wood sitting on the black wire stand, the fire licking and lapping at the wood like the tongue and hungry tongue of a ravished dog. A dog that she knew all too well….

"Oh my God, Alli, where have you been? We haven't talked in ages, and I really was thinking about calling you this weekend to see if you wanted to hang out. And here you are! Oh, we have so much to catch up on!"

"Yeah…."

Michelle Collins was probably one of the most hyperactive and talkative girls she had ever known, but she was a gentle girl with good intentions. Michelle was also probably one of the most ill-fashioned people in the world, cutting her brown hair into a particular style that hasn't been seen since the 70's or 80's, and she always ended up clashing her sassy and bright brown eyes with the possibly worst and cheapest make-up to ever exist. As of now, people were turning back and staring at this strange woman wearing a rainbow striped halter long sleeve shirt and white miniskirt, trying to avoid seeing her blue and red painted eyes and face.

"Oh, what happened to your face, love?" Michelle asked quickly before she could say another word, immediately noticing the large black and blue mark on the other woman's cheek.

"It's nothing, Michelle, I just fell getting off the bus yesterday." A memory startled her mind, bringing back the disgust, shock, and surprise of her experience on the bus. She strangely remembered that man that had freaked her out, performing a trick she had never seen before. She wondered if she should share this with Michelle about her strange experience, but the fear of Julian being around prevented her from doing so.

"Oh, you always were a clumsy little girl. I remember when we were in high school, you tried out for the cheerleading squad. Boy, was that a hilarious day," Michelle laughed happily.

Alli closed her eyes, remembering that day from long ago. She was such a foolish child, always wanting to impress people and wanting to impress all these boys. She was a bit of a naïve and childish thing, and because a boy she was crushing on seemed to date only cheerleaders, she went out for the squad. She tried to perform a certain move that she had seen actresses perform in movies, and at first it seemed like she was going to nail it without flaw. However, it wasn't until someone yelled out to her that she was doing it completely wrong that she slipped and twisted her ankle…bad. The whole auditorium had erupted with laughter, and, despite the fact she was in some serious pain, she was even laughing herself.

"Yeah, I remember that." It was idly strange and ironic how everything seemed to have changed since that time. There was no more innocence among them—despite the fact she still had hers. Neither her nor her friends seemed to be the same people as they were years ago. They grew up, they've matured, and they went their separate ways. She was lucky that she stayed in contact with so many old friends, though some she wished she had kept closer in contact with—the ones of whom she has no clue as to their whereabouts.

"I wish things could be like they were. We used to have so much fun together, you, me, Sam, Katrina, and everyone," Michelle spoke fondly.

"We could still have fun together. We're here at this party together, right?"

"True, but I meant like…hang out, go somewhere and relax. Remember how we used to go to the mall and do absolutely nothing but sit around and talk? I want to do that again. I want all of us to go somewhere, like we used to," Michelle's brown eyes seemed to twinkle a little with a light that was not familiar to her friend, a light that made the other young woman tremble a little…not from fear, but from understanding.

"I know….Well, maybe we can. You were about to say something about hanging out this weekend. What was your idea?" Alli asked sweetly, showing that same smile she showed Sam in the car outside. Luckily, Michelle wasn't close enough of a friend to know what that smile…that sad, innocent grin meant.

"Oh, well, I got tickets to go see a show next weekend. It's just a few tickets that I won in a radio contest, but I think it'll be great. I was thinking of taking you, me, Sam, and anyone else who might like to come," Michelle smiled at her friend, and quickly handed to her a slip of some kind. Alli looked down at it, and read the words across it.

"MINDFREAK SHOW LIVE AT 8 P.M."

Mindfreak? What kind of show was that? Alli thought to herself, but she didn't say anything as she smiled back up at her friend.

"It sounds like a lot of fun. I think I will go with you to that, and I know Sam will like it. What's the age rating?" she quickly asked, a thought rising up into her head.

"Um…I think it's all ages. Why?"
"Well, you know how I'm taking care of Sophia now, right?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I think it'll be great if she came. She might like it. It's supposed to be a magic show, so I'm pretty sure we'll all like it. That just leaves two more tickets, then. We'll need to find someone else to go with us."

"And where are you guys going?"

It was the most fearful sound in the world at the moment, the sudden whispering at her ear, the cold hands wrapping around her body as she felt a weight fall into her, and the putrid stench of weed and alcohol seeming to surround her out of nowhere. She didn't have to turn around to know who it was, though she wished she didn't have to know. For a split second, a moment that went unnoticed to everyone and everything in the world, horror stretched across her face, feeling the unwelcomed body pressed against hers. She knew who it was before she even heard their voice or felt them on her. She knew who it was before anyone did anything, as the fear and terror of yesterday's event still lingered on her mind and haunted the very depths of her heart and soul.

"Oh, hi, Julian. Long time no see," Michelle greeted the man that had appeared, and he practically stumbled over his own two feet to get to the girls, apparently unsteady and unstable due to large brown bottle held in his hand. Alli noticed this, and purposely kept his arm around her just to keep in on his feet.

"Julian…Julian, baby, are you drunk?" she quickly asked him, but he seemed to have not heard the worry and concern in her voice. He reacted negatively to her speaking to him like that.

"Is that the first thing to come out of your mouth? 'Julian, are you drunk'? Babe, I'm not drunk, I'm just having a good time," he told her scornfully, his retched breath blasting into her face. Michelle and Alli exchanged looks, and the loyal, beloved girlfriend took him towards an empty spot on the couch against the wall, sitting him there. Her friend came up beside her, and they looked down at him like parents criticizing and lecturing their child.

"Let me see that," Michelle quickly snapped the bottle from the man, and she put the tip of it to her nose, sniffing at the peculiar scents that certain drinks had. She sniffed it twice before holding it to her friend's nose, allowing the other girl to sniff at it, also. She took in the familiar scent, and then she spoke before the other did.

"It's whiskey. Where the hell did he get whiskey?" Alli quickly asked Michelle, though the question was meant to be directed to her boyfriend, who, despite his inebriated state, was sober enough to answer.

"I got it from the kitchen, baby. Go grab yourself one, and then we could have some real fun." He leaned over and firmly grabbed his girl's leg, rubbing it provocatively. Michelle's mouth dropped, and Alli blushed from the déjà vu moment. She bit her lip, feeling the sting of a bruise being irritated once again, but luckily he wasn't strong enough in this kind of state to recreate that moment right now. She pulled her leg back, but he spoke against it in a crude and discourteous manner.

"Bitch, don't you dare pull away from me! I'll smack you so hard that pretty little brain of yours will go splatter against the walls!" he threatened her. In her mind she pictured herself holding a pillow over his mouth, seeing him struggle and fight against her, but this time, she was the strong one, holding the pillow there against his face until he at last stopped moving, and could no longer harm her….

"Alli, come on. Let's just leave him," Michelle grabbed her arm and dragged her away from the couch. They walked into the kitchen—crowded with alcohol-crazed lunatics doing stupid stunts off of the countertops and making out with other drunken bimbos against the walls. The girl was pulled into the hallway and into a vacant bathroom—which was ironic as she would've thought it would be crowded with crazily vomiting party-goers by now. Michelle closed the door, and her friend took one look in the mirror before she saw someone in it that she didn't recognize.

The mirror had her face, had her eyes, had her hair and lips, but the look in the eyes…the look on her face…it wasn't a human one. It was a sad, fearful, bruised face that could never have belonged to a once happy and sweet little girl. A face like that…could only belong to someone suffering, someone who had died inside and was only living life through an empty and cold, numb cadaver. Her hands came up and gently touched her bruised cheek, running down to her chin—the scar was unnoticeable under the make-up and years of healing—to her neck—the knife was so close that one time, so close to slicing that soft flesh—down towards her chest, concealed behind her maroon sweater and black vest—so many hands, so many monsters. She lifted her eyes towards the corner of the mirror to see Michelle standing there, watching her with terror and pain in those clashing brown eyes. She didn't want to say anything right now, she didn't want anything to come out of that mouth in the reflection that wasn't hers—a busted lip, a busted lip, a fucking busted lip!—and words would come out that she would regret ever saying.

"Would you mind telling me what's going on? Why was he threatening you out there like that?" Michelle asked. Alli leaned over the sick—the malicious feeling of vomiting rising up and becoming stronger due to the pain that was being repressed—and she restrained the water that was starting to tickle along her eyelashes—so many tears, so many tears….

"Alli! Allison, answer me!" Michelle yelled at her, and her friend's body shook violently from the confined tears and words that were inside her. She couldn't hold it in much longer, she couldn't keep all these words inside her. She had to explode them onto something, onto someone, but not to someone that would eventually leak it to someone else, and then to another, until a chain becomes linked to him, or worse…to the police.

"He…he was drunk, Michelle. He doesn't know what he was saying or doing," Alli told her, creating that pleasant, happy, sweet mask that seemed to have worked perfectly in concealing everything and showing nothing—but the mask was slowly cracking, not a big one, but it was starting to break under the tension of holding in such heavy and struggling thoughts.

"But…guys don't usually threaten their girls unless they're guilty of hitting or hurting them. Alli, you used to date a lot of jerks before, a lot of cold-blooded bastards who hurt you and didn't give a shit about you. Please tell me this guy…this one guy that you seem to be happy with, isn't doing it to you," Michelle pleaded. She looked into the other girl's sad gray eyes, searching, looking for something to give away the answer, something that would tell the truth, despite whatever lie she might say. However, the mask was too thick, and her eyes…her sad gray eyes always looked that way for years.

"He's not, don't worry, Michelle. I'm alright, and…I think I might have to go pick Sophia up early," Alli told her friend. She couldn't stand to be in this place any longer. She wanted to go find Sam, grab her, and take her and Sophia home where she could be safe locked away in her room, sleeping off this madness that had erupted once again. She wanted to escape from this madness reality that plagued her, this hectic survival in this world that no one seemed to care about.

"Okay, well…I hope things will be okay," Michelle walked over to the girl and embraced her lovingly, only to release her and walk towards the door. "Call me, okay?"

Alli nodded, but the moment the door closed behind her friend, she collapsed to her knees in a sobbing mess, her body shaking and trembling from pain and fear. She hated herself for what she had become. She was nothing more than an empty vessel, now, a shallow and dark cadaver that merely moved along the strings of her puppet master. Why did her life have to suck so badly? Where in her life did she fuck up? Just where did everything she used to be suddenly disappear?

After gathering back up her composure and clearing her face of fallen tears, she finally left the bathroom only to go discover her good friend in an upstairs bedroom, flirting with a stranger she did not recognize. Her friend willingly agreed to leave after seeing her face, and the two girls left the party, leaving the house and all its guest in a drunken rage and fit, driving for an hour in complete and omniscient silence, until her friend finally parked in front of the familiar house they were both well known with. It was there that her friend went to the doorstep to retrieve the child and, without saying another word to anyone, they rode home, all three of them, towards the apartment complex where she did the one thing she had been waiting to do all night. She locked herself in her bedroom and sobbed herself to sleep, uninterrupted and left alone until the very hours of morning appeared over the horizon.
Sign up to rate and review this story