Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Only Think In The Form Of Crunching Numbers___x

Chapter 41: We Don’t Fight Fair

by VikkiMole 4 reviews

‘H….aaa…ppy… Bi…rth…daaay…’ Gerard tried to smile but the cold had gotten the best of him.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-01-09 - Updated: 2008-01-09 - 1398 words

1Moving
It took me easily twenty minutes to get that big, Casanova-like idiot to get the hell out of my car and get his ass out there on to her porch. He looked a little pitiful considering that it was like a monsoon out there. He clutched his roses tight and gave me a thumbs up, I did the same thing back. Gerard bent down slightly to scoop up a pebble from the path. I scratched my head. What the hell was he doing now? Moving it around in his hands for a few seconds, looking up at the top floor window and exhaling deeply, he completely ignore my disapproving head shake. How rude.

Before I had a chance to wind down the window and tell him exactly why this was such a bad idea, he’d already thrown the pebble with deadly accuracy. There was a very very brief pause before a muffled, ‘Jesus Christ’ could be heard from inside. The window swung open as Becca, in a silky pink dressing gown and her hair falling gracefully on her shoulder, leaned out and gave Gerard an instant, disapproving look.

‘What the hell are you doing here?’ Rebecca called down to him, not sounding angry as much as she sounded concerned

Gerard shivered, already soaking wet, his black hair sticking to his face and over his eyes. He lifted the roses up for her to see. He sneezed, teeth clattering.

‘H….aaa…ppy… Bi…rth…daaay…’ Gerard tried to smile but the cold had gotten the best of him.

‘Gerard!’ Becca yelled, actually sounding angry this time, slamming the window shut

I was stunned in complete silence. It looked as if she didn’t want to know. The disappointment in Gerard’s face was heartbreaking. It was like he’d just built himself up for this grand gesture that he put all of his feelings into just to have his ass handed to him on a plate. I half expected him to throw the flowers on the floor, drop to his knees and just cry. That would be fair enough I thought. If he would have given it all up but no he just stood in the same spot. His body convulsed from the freezing rain and the word hyperthermia came to mind. I was just about to open the door to the car and call him in before the light in the top side of the house turned off, instantly followed by a light downstairs turning on. The porch lit up and the click of the door unlocking was obvious.

Gerard’s face recaptured the same nervous expression that he had back in the car. Rebecca peered around the doorframe. She was no longer wearing the dressing gown but instead was wearing some jeans and a long black dress top. She beckoned Gerard to the porch. Hesitantly, Gerard nodded and took his place, dripping wet, in front of her. He outstretched his hand with the roses in it. She took them in her hands and sighed. Their conversation was quiet but I could still faintly hear it.

‘What are you doing here Gerard?’ She asked, softer disposition than earlier

‘I thou..ght… I’d…wi..sh…you…a…ha…ppy…birth..day’ He sniffed, wiping his nose in a hankie from his pocket

She smiled, blushing slightly. Becca nodded and looked up into Gerard’s eyes. I wondered what she was thinking. I’d seen her pull that face while talking to Gerard before, at Patrick’s party in fact. Maybe tonight wasn’t going to be so much of a disaster for him after all.

‘You’re very sweet’ Becca gently touched Gerard’s cheek, laughing while adding ‘And you’re freezing cold’

‘Su…ppo…se’ Gerard hooted shakily, ‘Bu…t… I’ll…Su..rvive…’

‘Now,’ Becca started, still lightly brushing his cheek with her thumb, ‘Why are you really here?’

I thought he’d reply, ‘Because I care’ or maybe a ‘I wanted to make sure you’re okay’. Gerard was rather cliché when it came to relationships and stuff as such, if you couldn’t already tell by the dozen roses. He liked to make people feel good. He liked to make girls feel special. In the process he’d broken a lot of hearts. Not on purpose, of course. He got a lot of female attention and when he was dating someone he was always one hundred percent faithful. That’s why a lot of girls, he had to turn down, ended up home alone with nothing but a giant tub of ice-cream. Sometimes I hated how great he was with the opposite sex. It made the rest of us look bad.

‘I came here…’ Gerard’s voice had gone steadier, this must have been the speech he’d talked about, ‘… I came here because I think I love you’

‘You think…’ Becca’s face was unreadable, it was near impossible to tell what she was thinking

Gerard closed his eyes for a mere moment before placing the tip of his finger on her lips. He took a deep breath. Becca just stared at him. She wasn’t running away. That was a good sign. She still stayed there, willing to listen to him. Gerard opened his mouth to talk but only a shaky giggle came out.

‘You know,’ He exhaled comically, ‘I had this whole speech planned but I don’t think I need to say much more really. I was going to tell you how completely captivating you are, how much I just want to keep you safe for the rest of your life and just that every time I see you I get this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. Instead, I’m just going to do this…’

Gerard placed his lips on hers. My heart stopped. So much for roses and a speech, he’s offering first base. It was quite creepy to watch actually. They were both just watching each other, lips attached. Becca blinked twice, her brain still registering what the hell was happening. I could tell that the only thing going through Gerard’s brain right now was: ‘Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. She’s just staring at me. Oh My God.’. Her arms just dangled loosely at her side as did Gerard’s. I would have laughed if I wasn’t parked so close.

I was actually considering shouting ‘Abort Abort!’ until Becca’s eyelids flickered shut and her hands swung forward slightly to grasp Gerard’s. I felt like clapping wildly. Scratch that, I felt like setting up a goddamn parade for them. With a marching band, cheerleaders and a group of college students holding a huge banner with the word ‘Finally!’ printed in huge letters that you could see from space. Yeah, maybe not, but I was ecstatic. Surprisingly, Gerard broke apart first.
I expected another kiss maybe. I expected Gerard to shout to me that my services were no longer required with a ‘thank you’ added for the purpose of manners. No, that just wouldn’t be Gee. Instead, he hugged her, whispered something in her ear, she nodded and he walked back towards my car. I was stunned. That asshole! Drag me out here to witness all the drama and shit just for one kiss?! Screw that, the second he comes close enough I’m going to slap some sense into him and turn him back around.

Just before reaching my car he stopped and turned back to face Becca. I breathed a sigh of relief. He’s going back to her. He’ll stay the night then in the morning everything will be dandy. Again, he let me down. Bowing like a full-on Victorian gentleman, he waved a goodbye to her.

‘Tomorrow?’ Gerard asked, eyes lit up

‘Sure’ Becca answered, still looking unsure of herself

Gerard skipped, yeah, skipped to the car. He swung the door open, stupid grin on his face, leaping into the seat beside me. I lifted my fist in the air, ready to punch him as hard as my wimpiness would let me. He lifted his own hand, thinking I was going to high five him. Damn it, even I was caught in his weird charm. Releasing my anger in one long vowel I simply finished the high five. Why not? He deserved it.
Sign up to rate and review this story