Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Friendship To Last A Lifetime

Just Trying To Get On With Life

by checkered_stars 0 reviews

1/2 double update bitches

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-01-10 - Updated: 2008-01-11 - 1619 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 63-

I sat in Maths, across the other side of the room from Gerard.

I didn’t want to talk to him right at this minute; I didn’t want to hear his voice.

But I couldn’t help myself from looking at him.

I was just trying to get on with life like none of this had happened. I had to move on, but that was probably the hardest thing to do right now. Even harder than trying to concentrate on Ms Coburn’s annoying high-pitched squeaky voice.

Our maths lesson had started fifteen minutes ago, but we had only arrived ten minutes before.

Because we were well away from the school building, we didn’t hear the bell for period four, which meant, when we finally realized, it was too late. We got to maths late, and Ms. Coburn sent gave all four of us a lunchtime detention.

Just when I thought I could get away from him.

I sat with my head down on the table.

I couldn’t be bothered doing work; I was in too much pain. I didn’t want to look up incase someone saw right through my guard and see what I was really feeling.

Through the corner of my eye I watched Gerard. He was writing things down frantically in his book, copying notes. Like I should be.

I hate him. But I love him. It was all so confusing.

And then I saw her. Kara.

She walked briskly into class, handing a note to the teacher and apologizing sweetly. Flickering her hair behind her shoulder flawlessly before setting herself down at a table that her friend was already seated at. The table next to Gerard.

At that moment in time, I wanted to just jump up from my chair and tackle her to the ground. I couldn’t really give a fuck what kinda trouble I would be in, but if I did it right and quick enough, I could get a few hits in that would leave her in a lot of pain before anyone realized and went to help her.

Yes. That’s just what I’ll do I think.

I smirked evilly and lifted my head up.

I saw Kara began to slowly slide her hands up her legs, slowly but surely hiking up her school skirt, grabbing the attention of nearly every guy in the room. But it was Gerard’s attention she wanted, and she sure had it.

I saw Gerard shift awkwardly in his seat, before clearing his throat loudly.

The little fucker was enjoying it!

I then wanted to kill both of them.

I groaned and looked away, staring out the window.

Scarlet gave me a strange look before looking over at Gerard, her main guess at what I was looking at.

Scarlet then picked up a pen and flung it at Kara, making her gasp loudly and me snicker as Scarlet rushed to continue to write to make herself look innocent.

Kara then picked up the pen that had hit her from the ground and threw it full force and hit me in the back of the head.

Kara and her friend laughed loudly.

“You wanna fucking play, game on bitch.” I said lowly, picking up my pencil case and throwing it at her forcefully.

It made a loud slapping sound as it hit her skin.

Kara looked at me evilly and threw my pencil case back at me, along with her own, I ducked both of them.

“Gonna have to do better than that bitch.” I sang under my breath, picking up both pencil cases in both hands and throwing one after the other, hitting her on the arm with one, and missing her with the other.

I decided to take it one step further and through a folder at her.

“What the fuck are you doing?! That’s mine!” Scarlet screamed, yanking her folder out of my hands.

I threw my textbook in Kara’s direction just as Kara threw my pencil case at me again.

“What on earth are you two girls doing?!” Ms. Coburn screamed as she turned around, placing her hands on her hips.

“Exactly what it looks like.” I replied sarcastically.

“Well what it looks like to me, was you two girls disusing and abusing school items as you waste my time as you completely ignore what I am trying to teach you.” Ms. Coburn snapped loudly.

“Well that’s what it is.” I said smartly.

“I want both of you in with me for detention. And that’s a double now for you Miss Cummings.” Ms. Coburn said angrily before turning back to the board.

I looked over at Kara who inappropriately stuck her tongue out at me. I simply mouthed the words ‘you’re dead bitch’ to her and turned away.

I can just see it now; detention is going to be a hell of a lot fun.

*
I sighed and tapped the side of my pencil louder on my book.

“If you don’t want to be in with me again all lunchtime tomorrow, I suggest you stop that Rachel.” Ms. Coburn muttered with her nose buried in a book.

I sighed and threw the pencil down.

I turned my head and glanced back at the clock.

Only ten more minutes and Scarlet will be here.

I rested my head on my book and closed my eyes.

Before I knew it, the bell for second half of lunch sounded.

My head flew up.

I then saw Ray walk in with a couple of books clutched in his hand.

I nodded to him in greeting, only for it to be returned.

Gerard then walked into the room.

My eyes followed him as he walked across the room in those tight black pants of his, the ones that showed off his package quite nicely.

Oh fuck, what was I doing? I broke up with him. I don’t need him.

Or do I?

My eyes filled with tears as I realized what I had done. I then felt a hand on my shoulder and saw Scarlet sit down on the chair next to me.

“Thank god you are here.” I said jokingly, trying to hide the fact I was on the verge of tears.

“You’re handling this well.” Scarlet whispered, stroking the hair out of my face caringly.

“And stop trying to get over it already, it’s only been two hours.” Scarlet said seriously.

I went to protest when Scarlet interrupted.

“I can read you like a book Rachel. I know what you’re trying to do. Stop it. It can’t be good for you. Just take it slow.” Scarlet advised.

I then heard another pair of feet enter the room, before the door shut loudly.

I didn’t have to turn around to know who it was, there was only one person left for detention.

Of course, she sat the table from Gerard, on his side, smiling warmly at him before opening up her book to make it look like she was actually doing something.

“I’m gonna step out for a few minutes, I won’t be long. But Mr. Campbell will be in his office, so don’t think you can run a muck in here while I’m gone.” Ms Coburn told us, but mainly looking at me before sliding the door open and walk out.

The room remained silent.

There was this certain tension in the room, like no one knew what to say, even though there was nothing to be said.

Kara turned in her seat to face me.

Oh shit, this can’t be good.

“I have to say, I’m really sorry about you and Gerard breaking up. I really am.” Kara smirked victoriously.

My eyes fell on Gerard, who was also looking my way.

“Yeah, I bet you are.” I said smartly.

Kara turned away, leaving it there, but me being me, couldn’t help myself, I couldn’t just leave it there, oh hell no, I’m not that smart am I?

“So I bet you’re happy now. You’re finally getting what you want.” I said in a bitchy tone to my voice.

Kara’s next comment shocked me more than it should have.

“Yeah. You bet I am. Cause now I can have Gerard all to myself and not have to worry about you’re stupid little ass getting in the way. He deserves better than you, [i]way[/i] better than you.” Kara said spitefully.

I was speechless only for a matter of seconds before I bit back with: “Oh what, better like what? Like you? Yep. That’s a real upgrade. From weird to slut.”

Kara sat with her mouth hung open.

I stood; my legs were sore from sitting for so long.

“Do you see now Gerard? All this time she has been trying to break us up and you never saw it. Well now it’s too late.” I said, walking to one of the back tables and laying down on it.

“Get off the table Rachel and back to work.” Ms Coburn ordered, signifying her return.

I moaned and jumped off the table, lazily stomping to my original spot.

I didn’t want to be here, I didn’t want to be near Kara. I didn’t want to be near Gerard, because I felt all weird around him now.

Part of me regretted breaking up with him.

Just trying to get on with life seemed almost impossible at this point in time.

And what was even worse, I still had to spend another twenty-five minutes with these retards.

Yay for me.
Sign up to rate and review this story