Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach

The letter

by youkai_girl 0 reviews

Sort of a follow up to The Last One. What would the afterlife be like for a Quincy surrounded by Soul Reapers? Short fic with Ishida and Ichigo.

Category: Bleach - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Ishida Uryuu,Kurosaki Ichigo - Published: 2008-01-13 - Updated: 2008-01-14 - 302 words - Complete

4Funny
The Letter
by: eternalsailorsolarwind AKA youkai_girl

Disclaimer: Bleach is owned by Tite Kubo, Viz, and his Japanese publishers. I only own copies of the manga, anime, and some merchandising. I just write fanfics with the characters for fun.

A/N: Written in response to a comment made by compli_cait regarding my fic written for a contest, The Last One. This is a sort-of follow-up to that story. It's not necessary to have read that fic before this one. What would the afterlife be like for a Quincy surrounded by Soul Reapers? I went for a humorous approach; I hope I succeeded.

0o0o0o0o0o

“Are they out of their minds, Kurosaki?” Ishida's voice continued to climb until it ended in a shout. The recently-departed Quincy stood bristling in front of the desk of his oldest friend/rival, Kurosaki Ichigo, captain of the Ninth Division.

Ichigo sighed, digging his finger in his ear to try to clear the ringing sensation that Ishida's strident voice had caused. “What the hell are you talking about?”

“This!” Ishida shoved a much-crumpled letter at the orange-haired captain, who opened it gingerly, fully expecting it to explode. Or at least burst into flames from the anger of the man standing before him. “It's offensive.”

In disbelief, Ichigo read the letter through twice before starting to snicker. Tears began to stream down his face as his whole body shook with the force of his laughter.

“What's so funny, Kurosaki,” Ishida asked, sounding indignant. “This is an insult to Quincies.”

Mirth subsiding, still wiping away tears, Ichigo replied, “You're dead, Ishida. You're not a Quincy anymore. You're just a normal soul, who happens to have high spiritual pressure.”

“But I don't want to be a Soul Reaper,” wailed Ishida, sending Ichigo back into fits of laughter.
Sign up to rate and review this story