Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

A Regular Decorated Emergency

by rachaelrhetoric 1 review

“If you don’t hurry up, we’ll never get there!” Maybe rushing wasn't Frank Iero's best idea. But how was he supposed to know that the other car was in a hurry too? Now the only rush he has ...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-01-19 - Updated: 2008-01-20 - 1003 words

0Unrated
“You have to be kidding me,” Frank sighed to himself, turning to face the stairs. “If you don’t hurry up, we’ll never get there!” he called up finally, losing what little patience he had left. There was a slight rustling upstairs before a very flustered girl appeared at the top of the stairs, flat iron in one hand and headband in the other. She glared at Frank for a moment before spinning around and stalking back into the bathroom.

Frank leaned up against the wall and glanced apologetically at Gerard, who had made himself at home on an old sofa in the center of the living room. Gerard shrugged and turned his attention back toward the frayed edge of a blanket that had been lazily tossed onto the faded and threadbare teal couch.

Exasperated, he started upstairs to get Stephanie. Not that it surprised him in the least; she had always taken hours to get ready. It wasn’t usual that he was waiting for her though, he just happened to come early and shock her. He thought it might be fun, but from that he learned his lesson. Coming early was not the best idea.

“Steph!” Frank yelled, knocking on her bedroom door loudly so he could be heard over the music that was practically making the walls vibrate. He could recognize it immediately, the Misfits. That was a little unexpected as he hadn’t known Stephanie listened to that style of music. Once he realized she hadn’t answered, he reached to knock again. Except this time his hand didn’t hit the chipped white paint covering the wood of the door, but rather hung in mid air as the door was opened.

The music had since quieted a few decibels and he walked forward, stepping into the room. It was darker than he expected, the rest of the house was painted a sickeningly sweet powder blue in contrast to the deep purple of these walls. Frank’s eyes scanned the room hastily, taking in the image. This was, after all, the first time he had ever really been in her room. Taking in the clothes scattered carelessly on the floor from the overflowing hamper and this disarray of the desk, he hardly noticed when Stephanie put down her brush and looked him.

“What are you doing in here?” she asked while simultaneously trying to straighten up the chaos that was her room. Frank shrugged, stepping around the empty Rockstar cans on the floor and over to her. He reached down to help her pick things up but immediately withdrew his hand when he came across a pair of her panties. He could feel his face flush red and he stepped back again.

“You look fine,” he said, surveying her quickly to make her think he actually looked. In all actuality, she always looked good to him, so he was more than slightly biased. She shook her head and dropped a few more pieces of clothes into the ever growing pile of dirty ones.

“Just give me two more minutes, please? I promise I’ll be done by then.” She pleaded, focusing again on her mirror. Frank nodded, there wasn’t much more he would do so he had to oblige. Stephanie smiled when he agreed. “You can just sit down…er…..anywhere.” she said to him, waving one arm around the room slightly. Once again he nodded, but this time he just stood awkwardly.

There were books and clothes occupying the two chairs in the room and he didn’t want to move anything to take a seat. The bed was mostly vacant, but sitting in the corner was Stephanie’s sister, nose in a book. Hoping that Stephanie would hurry up, he sat down on the opposite edge of the bed. Steph spun around and slipped on a pair of flats then walked over to Frank and grabbed his arm, pulling him up off the bed.

“You ready now?” he asked, his voice slightly cold. Stephanie nodded, obviously not seeming to notice his frustration.

“Rach, we’re leaving now,” she said. Her sister nodded, closing her book and looking up.

“Just remember, Steph.” She said with all seriousness.

“Remember what?” Stephanie asked curiously, oblivious to whatever it was Rachael was referring to. Frank looked at Stephanie as well, slightly confused.

“No glove, no love.” She said coolly, before starting to laugh. Stephanie rolled her eyes and laughed as well before walking out of the room with Frank, closing the door behind her. The sound of the Misfits erupted once more as they started walking back downstairs.

“It’s about time, guys,” Gerard said before they even reached the bottom step. Frank laughed and pointed at Stephanie.

“It’s her fault,” he said, “I’m innocent.” She mocked sadness and looked at him. His only response was to kiss her, which she happily returned.

“Oh cut it out, we need to go.” Gerard said, standing up and brushing cat hair from his pants. He grabbed his keys off the table and shoved them in his pocket. “Mikey called and said that the guys are waiting for us there, so let’s not be too late, eh?”

The trio walked out the door, filing into the car with Gerard in the driver’s seat and Frank and Stephanie in the back.

“Oh come on, guys. One of you needs to sit up front. I feel like a fucking taxi driver now. Or a chauffeur or something.” Gerard whined. Frank just laughed.

“So what? You’ll be fine.”

“Yeah? Well if I have to drive you, then you’re paying a fare.” He joked.

“Fine,” Frank said, climbing into the passenger seat. “Happy now?” he asked.

“Yep.”

“Good, now let’s go.” Stephanie piped up from the back seat. Gerard nodded then pulled out of the driveway, heading speedily down the road.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments mean updates. And if at least two people comment, that means another update tonight.

xo. Ray.
Sign up to rate and review this story