Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Heart of the Warrior Book VI

Chapter 24: Revenge of the Garbageman

by madnesspersonified 0 reviews

TMNT 2003/Harry Potter Crossover. Sequel to Books I through V. With enemies coming from all directions, Harry Potter will need all the help he can get.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Dumbledore,Ginny,Harry,Lily,Snape,Voldemort - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2008-01-23 - Updated: 2008-01-30 - 7319 words - Complete

1Original
Chapter Twenty Four: The Revenge of the Garbageman:

Snow spiraled from the sky, as the streets of New York were covered in a large amount of ice. It was a couple of days before Harry was due to return to Hogwarts, and the snow didn’t have any sign of slowing down any time soon.

Right now Harry was perched on the roof of a building, looking down at his streets at his brothers, who were on a training run. Master Splinter had reluctantly authorized an excursion outside the lair, because the massive amounts of snow and ice reduced the activity in the city to a mild halt and the Turtles were getting rather stir crazy from being confined to the lair for the past several months.

Now that Harry looked up, it seemed to be a bit colder than he usually remembered for this time of the year, but he brushed it off as it still wasn’t uncommon for New York City to get about five feet of snow dumped onto it in one fell swoop.

Harry’s concentration was broken when his mirror began to heat up, the only bit of warmth that Harry felt at the moment and he took it out of his pocket, to see Ginny’s face on the other end of the mirror.

“Hi, Ginny,” replied Harry. “How are you doing?”

“I’m actually doing pretty good, no nightmares without you, but still it would be nice for us to be together in the same bed again when we get back to Hogwarts,” answered Ginny. “Just something about not having you by my side feels rather empty.”

“Me to, and now I haven’t had any either, but it’s not like I get any sleep anyway,” said Harry which Ginny responded to by narrowing her eyes. “I’ll try and get some sleep once I finish Voldemort, if I finish Voldemort.”

“I’ll hold you that Harry,” responded Ginny before she grew uncharacteristically serious. “Mum’s a wreck, as Percy still isn’t talking to us, but she found out that his house was attacked by Death Eaters months ago. He wasn’t there though but the house was completely wrecked and could not be repaired by magic. Don’t quite know where he’s living right now.”

“Has he even talked to any of your family since he stormed out?” asked Harry.

“No, he’s run into Dad a few times at the Ministry, but he’s acted like Dad didn’t exist,” replied Ginny. “He’s gotten another new job, which he’s doing well in, he cares more about his career than his family and I doubt if any of us died, he’d come to our funerals, especially if it conflicts with his job.”

Harry didn’t know what to say to that and talking about Percy Weasley had always been uncomfortable, because Harry felt a bit responsible for that particular estrangement.

“We got the Death Eater that I told you about the last time,” informed Harry.

“Really, great!” exclaimed Ginny happily, but her expression quickly faltered when she saw the grim look on Harry’s face. “There was a complication, right.”

“Yes, right, I made Thicknesse seemed to get wind of my attempts to take this man out of Voldemort’s ranks, so he sent Aurors in, on the pretext of following up a lead,” responded Harry. “My Aurors had to make themselves scarce and the Death Eater were brought into custody, but let go the next day, due to insufficient evidence. From what the official word was, he left the country, to avoid an obvious threat to his life.”

“Well, it looks like you’re against the Ministry again, Harry,” replied Ginny.

“Certain parts of the Ministry, about a fourth of the Auror office, Madam Bones, and a few others are on my side, which means they might be on Voldemort’s list,” answered Harry. “The problem is Thicknesse is trying to paint me as a reckless vigilante who attacks people for no good reason at all. I fear that my attempt to intimidate Voldemort by hinting that I have powers unlike the likes that have never been seen might have come back to haunt me.”

“Yeah, the Ministry might use that as ammunition for their next round of assault against you,” admitted Ginny.

“The strange thing is, I thought for now that Voldemort would have made an attempt to completely take over, those scrolls he stole last year being the main reason but all he’s done is made Scrimgeour disappear and replace him with Thicknesse, along with scattered attacks that make no sense whatsoever,” said Harry. “It makes no sense whatsoever.”

“Or does it?” questioned Ginny. “Voldemort’s recent attempts to get the goblins on his side suggests that they might have something that he wants and he can’t complete his plans without it.”

“Ginny, I didn’t think of that, but that could be it,” said Harry. “All the gold, but Voldemort doesn’t strike me as the type to want a great amount of gold. There are treasures in the vault, some that might have extensive magical properties, but the goblins are bound by an oath that was signed after the last goblin rebellion to protect all the treasures of their clients.”

“The Ministry was bound by oaths as well, obligations towards the goblin nation, and goblin law is quite different from Ministry of Magic law,” responded Ginny. “Bill told me that what most won’t consider a breach would be considered one by the goblins and now that they think the Ministry has breached their agreement, everything is up in the air.”

“From what I’ve heard, some are maintaining the anti-human attitude right now, but others are entertaining the possibility of joining forces with Voldemort, as Voldemort has dropped some not so subtle hints that he will do everything in his power to get them the ability to use wands, something that the goblins have wanted for years even though they have their own magic,” explained Harry. “The goblins aren’t even acknowledging me, they don’t put me on the same pedestal that many do, which is good in most cases but really frustrating this time.”

Harry took a deep breath.

“They think I’m nothing but a kid who is in way over his head,” concluded Harry bitterly. “Other magical races are with Voldemort, a couple like the centaurs scoff at the idea of getting involved in a human conflict, the house elves are divided because they can only follow what their masters say. However, the goblins are a real wild card and really hold the balance of power.”

“Do you think there is a chance of a goblin rebellion?” asked Ginny.

“A goblin rebellion might be the least of our worries, I’m more concerned of a goblin civil war,” said Harry darkly.

Ginny paused as she heard the sounds of her mother calling her name.

“Mum says dinner is ready, I’ve got to go” replied Ginny.

“Okay Ginny, bye, love you,” answered Harry.

“Bye, Harry, love you to, see you at Hogwarts,” concluded Ginny, before her face disappeared from the mirror.

Harry put his mirror away before climbing down off the side of the building towards his brothers, who were goofing off.

All the sudden, Harry heard a creaking sound of an approaching vehicle and he turned to his brothers.

“Guys, disappear,” hissed Harry and the four Turtles ducked into an alleyway.

“Who would be out in this weather?” demanded Raph.

“You mean besides us,” said Don and a large garbage truck skidded to a stop.

“A garbage truck, wait a minute, it isn’t garbage day,” remarked Mikey weakly.

“Let’s see what this is all about, something’s up,” muttered Leo as he peered around the corner, as the garbage truck skidded to a stop right by the bank.

“Leo, don’t you think you might be overreacting just a little bit,” commented Raph but a group of eight individuals dressed in yellow jump suits with gas masks obscuring their face, which caused Raph to back track. “Something about those goons looks familiar, you don’t suppose…”

“There’s only one way to find out,” said Leo, as the four Turtles, along with a quite baffled Harry followed them.

“What are you guys talking about?” questioned Harry.

“We’ll explain later,” muttered Leo in an undertone, as they moved their way around, seeing the last of the individuals from the garbage truck entering the bank, where they had managed to burn off the lock to allow themselves inside.

Harry, Raph, Mikey, Don, and Leo made their way inside into the bank, where they walked the intruders in the yellow jumpsuits and gas masks were busy attempting to open a vault with a torch.

“Hold it right there, you goons!” demanded Raph as he stood in battle position, with Leo, Don, Mikey, and Harry standing right behind them, as the goons turned around before six of them pulled out large shock sticks and rushed the Turtles and Harry while the other two continued to work on the vault.

Harry dodged an attempt to get electrocuted, before he calmly flipped one of his attackers to his back. Mikey leapt up and swung around, as he blasted another goon right in the face with well aimed nunchuck swing. Two goons moved forward, but Leo blocked their shock sticks with his katana, allowing Raph to slide it and take one out, throwing him into the wall, before Leo took him out with a roundhouse kick. Harry took out another goon and the final goon out of the six that attacked was left to Don. Don blocked an attempt of an electrocution with his Bo Staff before he swept the legs out from underneath his would be attacker and then brought the end of his Bo Staff down onto the chest of his attacker, which knocked the wind completely out of him.

Meanwhile, the other two intruders, had managed to remove the bank vault door, as the Turtles and Harry stood in front of them ready to take them down, but one of them flicked a pellet to the ground, causing noxious gas to fill the bank. Protected by their gas masks, the other six intruders managed to struggle their way to their feet, before they held the other two carry the bank vault door from the premises.

The gas quickly faded, being sucked from the bank from the large gusts of wind, as the Turtles and Harry weakly struggled to their feet.

“Damn, they got away!” cursed Raph. “Those goons, and now I remember who they were, they’re Junk Troopers.”

“I beg your pardon?” asked Harry who was utterly baffled, during his time, he had fought Foot, Death Eaters, Purple Dragons, and members of the Squib Inquisition but never Junk Troopers.

“They work for someone who calls himself the Garbageman,” answered Don promptly.

“I vaguely remember hearing about him, you fought him during my first year at Hogwarts,” said Harry.

“Yeah, not exactly the most competent of all the villains we’ve ever faced,” answered Raph.

“But definitely the stinkiest,” added Mikey.

“His minions, the Junk Troopers, abducted the homeless, in an attempt to build a new empire based on what he perceived the people that society threw out,” concluded Don. “We knocked him in the river and thought we seen the last of him.”

“Obviously not,” said Raph. “The thing is, those Junk Trooper goons didn’t steal any money, just the vault door, and that doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.”

“Yeah, the question is, what can he be after, he hasn’t been seen in over five years,” added Leo.

“I’m fed up trying to guess the motives of people to honest,” answered Harry in an irritated voice as he heard sirens in the distance. “Someone tripped an alarm, we need to make ourselves scarce.”

The ice and snow slowed the police slightly, which allowed Harry to use his wand to have the security camera and the tape within to have a slight malfunction. The last thing Harry needed was his brothers having anything that the authorities could spin into damning evidence against them to add to the smear campaign that the Shredder had began.

Just outside the city, deep within one of the more prominent garbage dumps, a large slob of a man sat on a throne as he drank from a carton of milk that was overdue. He placed the carton of milk down before he picked up a moldy, half eaten burger, and took a bite out of it. His real name remained something of a mystery, in fact it had been a long time ago since he had been known by his real name, but he was more commonly known as the Garbageman.

He looked up, pleased to see that one of his garbage trucks was grinding to a halt close by, his Junk Troopers having returned with the final element.

The doors swung opened, and the Junk Troopers exited, carrying a large metal door with them.

“Excellent, you’ve returned,” said the Garbageman, sending spit flying everyone as he spoke. “Still, you had best explain why you were running late, remember I do not tolerate deviance. You all come from broken homes, family who threw you away like trash, I molded you into my personal guard, my Junk Troopers, so I best hear some logical explanations about your tardiness.”

“Your Highness, we ran into those Turtles and an accomplice, some punk with messy hair and a scar, we just barely got away,” offered one of the Junk Troopers in a feeble voice which prompted the Garbageman to crush the carton of milk within his hand, causing rancid milk to fly everyone towards the Junk Troopers.

“Those Turtles set back my plans for years to come, I had nearly amassed enough man power to spread my garbage empire past a mere city,” growled the Garbageman. “They will not easily dismiss me, given what I found lying in the landfill, forgotten.”

The Garbageman pressed up a button on his throne, which caused it to contort into a metal platform with metallic spider legs which allowed the big guy to become mobile. In a short amount of time, the Garbageman crept over, before he placed his stubby hands on a moth warn tarp.

“Some of you might have been under the assumption that I’ve been ordering you steel trivial items, such as light bulbs, hair pins, and most recently the stainless steel door of a bank vault,” said the Garbageman. “But I assure you these are no mere thefts, but rather they are the elements I need to repair this.”

The Garbageman removed the tarp to reveal the semi-crushed form of Captain Dread and the Junk Troopers looked on in shock. There seemed to be brief signs of life but mostly it looked in a comatose state.

“This cyborg was found crushed when I took up residence in this junkyard weeks ago but it still lives, not functioning,” explained the Garbageman. “We would attract too much attention stealing high tech scientific equipment but with a few modifications using the items we have stolen, this cyborg can be repaired and the Turtles along with any of their friends will be recycled.”

The Garbageman beckoned for a couple of the Junk Troopers who were scientifically inclined to assist him in his attempts to get Captain Dread back online. It would take a bit of time and extensive repair because of the damage the intergalactic bounty hunter cyborg suffered during his fight with Harry Potter.

Outside, Harry peeked around the corner as the police crowded the bank, their attention seemed to be preoccupied by the robbery, but still there wasn’t any way Harry would take any unnecessary chances and the Battle Shell was parked across the street, so it wasn’t like they could leave it to be impounded.

“Coast is clear, let’s get across the street without any incident,” muttered Harry.

“Yeah, that’d be a first,” remarked Raph as the Turtles and Harry carefully made their way across the street, while sticking to the shadows and made their way right to the Battle Shell without incident.

Back in the junk yard, the Junk Troopers put the finishing touches on Captain Dread, working as quickly as possible.

“Your Highness, the cyborg is starting to activate,” informed one of the Junk Troopers.

“Excellent,” spat the Garbageman, as the arm of Captain Dread began to come to life and the cyborg began to completely stir into consciousness.

“Where am I?” demanded Captain Dread in a cold, unfeeling voice before he looked at the Garbageman with disgust. “Who are you?”

“I’ve found you in this garbage dump, having been nearly crushed by a trash compactor,” explained the Garbageman. “As for me, you may address me as the Garbageman.”

Captain Dread just sat there, he remembered very little of what happened in this strange world, his brain having been slightly damaged by being crushed with the compactor.

“I didn’t have you revived for the purposes of idle conversation, I revived you for a more broad purpose,” said the Garbageman. “There are four shell backed thorns in my side that I must eliminate for this city to be remodeled into my own image. You will pick up the Turtles for me, but do not destroy them, the honors of trashing them will be mine and mine alone.”

“What makes you think I’ll work for a fat, disgusting slob like you?” challenged Captain Dread as he got up.

“Because I resurrected you, trash,” grunted the Garbageman. “Also, I reactivated you, I inserted a self destruct module that will blow you to bits should you step out of line. Amusing what these fools in the city would throw away, isn’t it?”

Captain Dread had prepared to clobber the Garbageman but the Garbageman held up a remote control device with a red button.

“Very well, I will capture these…Turtles for you,” said Dread, as he stared at the Garbageman.

“I’d knew you’d see this my way,” replied the Garbageman. “Go forth now and don’t come back without those Turtles.”

On the roads of New York, the Battle Shell nearly skidded out of control a couple of times, as Raph struggled to maintain control of the wheel as he drove the vehicle.

“Watch it, Raph!” cautioned Leo. “You want the police right behind us.”

“It’s not my fault that the shortcut road to the warehouse was blocked off, I’m not used to taking the long way around,” responded Raph as he managed to get the Battle Shell straightened up before he shot down the road.

“We shouldn’t be too far now, should we?” asked Mikey.

“No, just a couple more blocks,” responded Harry. “I think at least.”

A large, imposing figure swooped in front of them, as he grabbed the front of the Battle Shell and caused it to grind to a stop.

“What is that thing?” asked Mikey, as the windows iced up, preventing them from seeing the figure.

“I don’t know,” grunted Raph. “But whatever it is, he stopped us in our tracks.”

“Try and gun it Raph!” suggested Don.

“It’s floored right now!” fired back Raph.

“Yet, you can’t even cause it to slide on the ice,” remarked Harry. “Let’s get out and move it.”

“Right,” confirmed Leo, as Raph shut off the Battle Shell, before he joined Don, Mikey, Leo, and Harry on the outside where Captain Dread.

“So come out and play have we!” announced Captain Dread in a sinister voice.

“Captain Dread,” said Harry in a surprised voice. “It can’t be, you were crushed to death…”

“You seem to know an awful lot about…I remember now!” shouted Captain Dread as he raised his arms. “You’re the one who attempted to off me, now I’m going to return the favor.”

“Scatter!” ordered Leo and sure enough everyone did to avoid the attack of Captain Dread who sent a pair of miniature missiles right at the five brothers.

“Struggle if you might, you can’t stop me!” shouted Dread and Harry managed to dodge an electrified net that nearly fried a hole through a nearby building and sent a blasting spell towards Dread, but it barely dented the metal of the cyborg.

Captain Dread leapt up, casually knocked the four Turtles to the side as they attempted to mount an attack, before he grabbed Harry and threw him to the ground.

“Hang on Harry!” shouted Raph as he tossed his Sais in an attempt to dismantle Dread as he aimed a plasma blaster fastened to his form right at Harry’s head. Dread spun around and melted Raph’s Sais out of thin air, causing them to crumble to dust.

“Your toys are useless,” remarked Dread coldly before his chest plate swung open and shot thick cords out, which wrapped around Raph, before they sent an electric pulse through the turtle.

Leo attempted to slice his way through the cords but his sword conducted the electricity which shocked Leo before blasted him backwards.

Don sprung up next, but Dread caught his Bo Staff, before he flipped Don right to his back and kicked the brainy terrapin right in the side, sending him skidding down the ice.

Mikey was next and he swung his nunchucks towards Dread but they bounced off the solid metal crumbling from the impact. Dread spun around and knocked Mikey down, before he blasted Mikey hard, knocking him unconscious with a stun ray.

Harry made his way towards the Battle Shell, before he pulled it open and began to press a button on the council but Dread grabbed Harry by the hair and pulled him backwards, just as a missile perched on top of the battle shell swung towards Dread and aimed right at his chest, exploding on impact.

“Didn’t even scratch the surface,” remarked Dread and Harry tossed a pair of shuriken at Dread but he casually batted him off. “Toys, you try and beat me with toys, how pathetic.”

Dread calmly struck Harry with the palm of his hand and Harry was sent backwards.

Leo and Don looked up, with Raph and Mikey unconscious, Harry looked to be moments away from being that way, as Dread hoisted him up, before he pummeled Harry with a series of rapid fire punches.

“If we double team him, we might be able to take him out,” replied Leo.

“When a missile couldn’t!” exclaimed Don.

“We have no choice, Harry’s in trouble,” ordered Leo and Don nodded, before they leapt up and attacked Dread, barely backing him off with a tandem assault and causing him to drop Harry.

Dread stepped back, before he sent a jet of yellow laser fire at the two Turtles but Leo managed to deflect it with his sword. The laser bounced back wards Dread, who managed to dodge out of the way and a window was broken in front of them.

Seconds later, as Harry managed to struggle his way to his feet, an explosion went off from the laser fire feedback, as it struck some highly explosive chemicals in the building behind them

Unfortunately, Harry was caught full force in the face with the explosion!

“HARRY!” yelled Leo and Don in unison as they prepared to rush over to their fallen brother but Dread dodged in front of before he pointed his stun ray at them.

“Time to finish you two off,” remarked Dread but his laser didn’t seem to be working. “No matter, I’ll take the two I’ve subdued and come back for you two later once I iron out this minor flaw”

“What makes you think we’ll let you go?” asked Don.

“This,” answered Captain Dread as he pointed his plasma blaster over towards the area of the snow where Harry just managed to roll over, his hands placed over his eyes and screams of agony coming from him. In a second, Dread placed a ring of fire around Harry using his plasma blaster before he made his way over and picked up Raph and Mikey, before he moved off. “I’ll be back.”

Don and Leo reached over, as Don leapt over fire, with Leo using his swords to break some of the ice, before he flipped it over and doused the fire.

“The pain, it feels like burning, I can’t see,” muttered Harry in an agonized voice as Don and Leo half carried Harry towards the Battle Shell.

“Harry, we really need to get you to a hospital,” said Leo.

“No, no hospital, got to stop Captain Dread,” replied Harry in an agonized voice.

“Harry, this isn’t just a mild injury, you said you can’t see!” yelled Leo in a forceful voice.

“Then Mum, studying to be a healer, Muggles can’t fix it, Mum might be able to,” said Harry before as held his eyes, moaning in agony. “Raph and Mikey are in danger, need to get this fixed.”

“We drop him off at Lily’s, and get Master Splinter, because he might be able to help us find Mikey and Raph,” suggested Don who looked worried.

“Yes, that would be good,” agreed Leo, as he barely managed to keep his hands steady and on the wheel of the Battle Shell as drove towards the Potter Residence.

Mikey opened his eyes groggily and it took him almost a minute to register that he was hanging from a support system in a trash bag of some sort. The mutant turtle attempted to struggle free but found escape to be impossible and he looked over to see Raph was in a similar predicament, also attempting to struggle free.

“You can struggle but you will not get free, those trash bags were designed to hold up under heavy amounts of damage,” remarked the Garbageman as he made his way over, propelled by his metallic spider leg platform.

“You better let us out or I’ll…” started Raph but Garbageman cut him off.

“You’ll do nothing, mutant,” grunted the Garbageman. “Once the cyborg is recharged and he goes after your two other filthy brothers, you Turtles will be recycled in my state of the art facility.”

The Garbageman gave a cold, high laugh, as he sent spit everywhere.

Lily walked down from the attic, after a hard days work up on the long term project that she kept up there. She stopped, hearing a knock at the door. A knock that sounded rather urgent so Lily quickened her footsteps and swung the door open.

She stepped back in horror, as she saw Donatello and Leonardo, who had half carried her son, Harry to the door, who was clutching his face and screaming in agony.

“What the hell happened!” cried Lily in an absolutely horrified voice, as she had never seen Harry show any signs of agony.

“Lily, we got into a scuffle with some guy called Captain Dread, he captured Raph and Mikey, Harry was caught in an explosion and he says he can’t see,” explained Leo quickly as Lily grabbed Harry before she lead Harry over to the couch.

“I know, you need to go find Raphael and Michelangelo, I understand,” said Lily absent mindedly as she gently pried Harry’s hands away from his eyes, as they looked all puffy and reddened, with pus oozing out. “Harry keep your hands down please, I need to run some tests on your eyes to see exactly how much damage has been done to them.”

After a few moments of extensive tests, Lily sighed in relief.

“Thankfully the damage wasn’t as extensive as it could have been, painful yes, but nothing that can’t be fixed with a simple optical repair potion,” replied Lily. “Thankfully I have all the necessary ingredients here, so it will take me only thirty minutes to brew and within the next few hours, your vision will completely return. For now, this should give you some relief.”

Lily bandaged Harry’s eyes to prevent them from suffering any further damage.

“Now Harry, it’s absolutely essential that you keep your eyes covered until the potion is done, otherwise, there is a strong chance you might be permanently blinded,” said Lily

“Yes, Mum, I understand,” answered Harry in a deflated voice, but he was preoccupied with the fact that Raph and Mikey looked to be in grave danger, and he couldn’t shake the feeling that Leo, Don, and Master Splinter.

“Good, I’ll send your sister down here to make sure you don’t leave, before I go and brew the potion,” replied Lily as Harry heard his mother leave the room.

“Hailey preventing me from doing something stupid, that’s like the blind leading the blind,” muttered Harry to himself.

Back in the city, Don and Leo had rejoined their search for their two missing brothers on foot, with Master Splinter now joining them. They had been searching for close to a half hour after they dropped Harry off.

In an instant, Master Splinter stopped in his tracks.

“What is it, Sensei?” asked Leo.

“They are close, I can sense it, we must keep walking,” replied Splinter.

“Raph and Mikey aren’t the only things that are close,” said Don as Captain Dread stepped in front of them, with Leo and Don withdrawing their weapons and stood in a battle stance, with Master Splinter looking ready for battle.

“Round two, mutants,” declared Captain Dread coldly as he aimed his weapons at Leo, Don, and Master Splinter before he shot thick shackles from a chest plate right at Don. Don managed to block the first pair of shackles but two more pairs shot out, which snapped Don’s arms and legs together. A blast from the stun ray put Don to sleep.

“Leonardo, attempt to get behind him, while I’ll try a frontal attack,” muttered Master Splinter and Leo nodded, before he dodged behind Dread but Dread spun around with speed before a blast with his plasma blaster knocked Leo’s katana out of his hands before a stun ray blast knocked Leo completely unconscious.

“So it’s just you, rodent,” said Captain Dread and Master Splinter nodded, before he leapt up over Captain Dread, before he landed firmly behind him. Dread turned around, and attempted to aim the stun laser at Master Splinter, but Splinter dodged, before he caught Dread with a glancing kick. Dread backed up a couple inches and Splinter leapt behind Dread and grabbed him from behind in an attempt to flip him over.

Dread brought his elbow right into the face of the mutant rodent forcefully. Splinter was stunned and Dread calmly spun around, before his chest plate opened and shot a net outwards, wrapping Splinter up.

“I must compliment you rodent, you came close to giving me a slight challenge,” replied Dread coldly as Splinter attempted to chew his way out of the net, but an electrical surge of energy zapped the rat, causing him to become unconscious.

Without further adieu, Dread prepared to take Leo, Don, and Master Splinter to the Garbageman so he could dispose of them.

“Mum, I can feel something happening,” remarked Harry as he had finished the potion that his mother had brewed for him.

“Good, it works,” said Lily who sounded rather relived, as there were times where potions didn’t work at it’s fullest. “In a couple of hours, two at the very least, seven or eight at the most, you should have your vision completely restored. It really depends on how well quickly the potion is enhanced with the strength of your magic.”

“So, it really shouldn’t take all too long at all, considering Harry’s one of the most powerful wizards in the world,” remarked Hailey.

“We can only wait and see,” replied Lily.

“I hate waiting,” grumbled Harry.

“Yes, well, call for me if you have any side effects,” said Lily.

“There is a chance of side effects?” asked Harry in a horrified voice.

“There’s always a chance, but I think I brewed that potion well enough that there shouldn’t be, but still stay right there and don’t move,” answered Lily.

Harry heard his mother leave as he sank onto the couch, entombed in the darkness that he would have deal with until the potion took its effect.

Minutes later, Harry’s mirror began to heat up in his pocket and he reached around for a few moments, before he found it.

“Prepare that trash for the recycling process!” grunted a voice over the mirror.

“Harry, what is it?” asked Hailey.

“Garbageman, I have captured those four Turtles along with the rat, so the least you could do is allow me to leave,” suggested Captain Dread.

“No, I still have uses for you and remember, all it takes one button before you are turned into scrap metal,” answered the Garbageman.

“They’re in trouble,” hissed Hailey. “Maybe I should…”

“Stay here,” replied Harry as he managed to tap his wand to his mirror and managed to get a fix on the location.

“Harry, you can’t do this, you’re just recovering from behind temporary blinded,” said Hailey.

“Salazar Slytherin’s theory that Parseltongues don’t have problems in the darkness might need to be tested,” answered Harry calmly.

“What are you talking about?” demanded Hailey.

“Snakes have a six sense, the ability to sense the body heat of prey even in complete darkness,” explained Harry quickly. “In his journal, Slytherin theorized that Parseltongues receive a similar sixth sense due to their close affinity with snakes.”

“That might make sense but do cyborgs even have body heat?” asked Hailey.

“There is still a bit of human flesh in all of that metal, should be enough to keep up with him,” answered Harry. “And now I know where they are, so…”

“Harry, Mum gave me explicit instructions that you shouldn’t leave and really this time agree, you could permanently damage your vision before the potion has a chance to repair it, just tell someone else and let them help.” said Hailey.

“Not enough time,” argued Harry and Hailey sighed before she made a movement to stun her brother for his own good but Harry activated his Portus-Amulet and was a second too quick for Hailey, even when he was still blind.

“Mum, please get down here, Harry left to do something really stupid!” shouted Hailey.

“Wake up mutants, I want you to see your destruction!” shouted the Garbageman.

“Dude, two words, breath mint,” muttered Mikey.

“Laugh down mutants but you’ll soon be permanently dealt with,” responded the Garbageman as he pointed his large arm over to a piece of machinery that the Turtles were suspended above. “This apparatus can grind any material into the stuffing used in stuffed animals. Once I pull this lever, you will be dropped down onto the conveyor belt which will transport you to the blades. Revenge will be sweet as I finally see you four, along with that meddlesome rodent done in.”

“I don’t think so, Garbageman!” shouted Harry Potter as he arrived his eyes still bandaged heavily as he groped around the air as he walked forward.

“Child, you’re no threat to me, you’re as blind as a bat,” taunted the Garbageman as he watched Harry take a few uncertain steps forward. “Still, Dread dispose of him.”

Dread stepped forward as the Garbageman moved forward before he pulled the switch which shifted the Turtles and Master Splinter over, before the trash bags containing the mutants were dropped on the conveyor belt. With another switch pull, the conveyor belt jerkily moved forward and the blades began to gain momentum.

“You’ve made a grave mistake coming here in your condition,” remarked Dread coldly as he aimed his plasma blaster at Harry and attempted to cut a hole through him but Harry put up a powerful shield charm which redirected Dread’s attack.

“Come on, is that all you got, bolts for brains?” taunted Harry.

Dread whipped several tentacle like devices outward which Harry sensed that something with electricity was coming his way. With a whip of his wand, he conjured a wall of water and the cords touched in, sending electricity back towards Dread and the cyborg flew backwards.

“We need to get out of here and soon,” said Don frantically.

“I’ve been working on this blasted bag since we’ve got here and nothing,” fired Raph backwards.

“My sons, I have a plan,” replied Master Splinter. “But sufficient to say, we need to rely on Harry to do it.”

“In his condition,” said Leo darkly as he watched Captain Dread shoot a net forward but Harry managed to shred it with a powerful slicing spell before he unwittingly slid forward on the accumulated ice on the ground and lost his balance, crashing to the ground.

“Now I’ve got you,” said Dread as he picked up Harry by the throat and began to squeeze the life out of him.

“My son, there is a magnet behind you, attempt to summon it!” shouted Master Splinter.

Harry cursed, he had dropped his wand in the confusion and he concentrated, attempting to use wandless magic in an attempt to will the magnet towards him even though that type of magic was next to impossible without being able to see the target.

Still, Harry’s will power was stronger than most and the magnet flew into his hand.

“Fool, you think that puny thing is going to put a dent in me,” remarked Captain Dread but Harry raised the magnet and it began to disrupt the computer processors of his cybernetic interface.

“Master Splinter, I hate to be a downer, but in a few seconds, this thing will grind me up!” shouted Mikey as the end of his garbage bag was precious inches away from going over the edge of the conveyor belt.

In an instant, Harry listened carefully for the location of the slicing apparatus and when he did, in a surprising burst of strength, he flipped Dread over his head and caused him to land right into the slicing apparatus. While he couldn’t be damaged, it did jam the machinery.

“Get that cyborg out of there so I can terminate those Turtles!” ordered the Garbageman and the Junk Troopers moved over, just as Harry found his wand.

Sensing their movement, Harry darted to the side, managing to keep his balance before he stood in front them.

“Just run him over, he’s blind remember!” spat the Garbageman.

“Of course your highness,” remarked the Junk Trooper as he aimed a punch at Harry who managed to duck as he sensed the incoming hit coming and leapt up, before he aimed a kick in the air. A loud scream indicated that Harry had connected with some body part.

Two other Junk Troopers attempted to shock Harry with their sticks but Harry managed to duck underneath, before he kicked them out of the way. A fourth Junk Trooper made his way in, but Harry grabbed his arm and flipped him before he leapt on his face and Harry then concentrated hard before he somersaulted over the remaining Junk Troopers and quickly pointed his wand forward.

Before the Junk Troopers could grab him, Harry transfigured the trash bag material into something weaker which allowed Leo, Mikey, Don, Raph, and Master Splinter to break free and leap in front of the Junk Troopers.

“Take care of the Junk Troopers, I’ll take care of the big guy,” suggested Harry and before they could argue, Harry moved forward, as the Garbageman made a getaway as quick as his metallic spider legs could carry him but Harry leapt in front of him.

“What’s the hurry, the fun’s just getting started?” inquired Harry as the sounds of combat echoed in the distance involving the Turtles and Master Splinter against the Junk Troopers.

“Impudent brat,” retorted the Garbageman as he shot one of his metallic legs forward in an attempt to gut Harry but Harry managed to avoid it, before he sliced it off with his weapon.

In the distance, Captain Dread, severely scratched up managed to pull himself up before he removed the razor sharp blades and rushed at them in an attempt to rip Harry to shreds with them.

“Harry, duck!” yelled Leo as he managed to knock one of the Junk Troopers down.

Harry managed to move out of the way of the razor blades as they sailed over his head. Captain Dread moved forward and punched Harry hard.

Harry struggled to his feet and Dread pulled him up, before he ripped Harry’s bandages off, exposing his eyes.

Much to his surprise, Harry’s vision was blurry for a second but existent and seconds later, Harry could see could see clearly, not a moment too soon.

Harry caught Dread by surprised by aiming both of his feet in his chest which knocked him backwards. He dodged an attempt by Dread’s extended arms, before he pulled the remote control device from the Garbageman’s hands.

“The self destruct button I presume?” suggested Harry and Captain Dread made a movement forward, but Harry leapt out of reach, before he pressed the self destruct button.

“NO!” shouted Dread as an electrical shock flew coursed through his body, before he crumbled into a pile of parts.

Harry stepped over and sure enough, there was no sign of movement, Captain Dread was finished.

The Turtles and Master Splinter moved over, with all of the Junk Troopers knocked unconscious.

“Now, it’s your turn, Garbageman!” shouted Raph as took a menacing step forward.

“Fools, you might have won this round, but you trash haven’t heard the last of minute!” responded the Garbageman as a large drill came from the bottom of his platform before it burrowed into the ground, allowing the Garbageman a quick escape.

“We can’t let him get away!” yelled Raph desperately, as he attempted to move over but the Garbageman had disappeared below the ground.

“Raph, he’s gotten away,” replied Leo in a defeated voice.

“Do not despair my sons, this Garbageman is more resourceful than his appearance would indicate,” said Master Splinter in a reassuring voice. “I have a feeling we may meet him all too soon.”

The others nodded reluctantly as they took the parts of Captain Dread to destroy them so no one could resurrect him again.

“Harry, what you did today was really reckless but since everything came out okay, I can’t really yell at you too much,” lectured Lily as she tested Harry’s repaired eyes for any side effects. “Just don’t let me catch you do anything reckless like that again.”

“Fine, Mum, I won’t catch you catch me do anything reckless ever again,” replied Harry calmly which caused Hailey to break out into loud, insane giggles.

“The key words of course being that Harry won’t catch you do it,” remarked Hailey.

“If Mum wasn’t testing my eyes, I’d so glare at you right now,” said Harry.

“Just a second, almost done,” confirmed Lily before she backed off. “Well Harry, the potion worked better than I could ever thought. Your eyesight is not only repaired but now completely perfect.”

“Really, that’s great,” said Harry who looked pleased that his short time in darkness was a mere memory and he decided to try to take it as easy as possible before he would return to Hogwarts.
Sign up to rate and review this story