Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > IY Drabbles

Secrets

by darkelf19 1 review

A collection of drabbles written for iyfic_challenge, iyfic_contest, Isswkiwa, and my own amusement

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Miroku, Sango - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-01-28 - Updated: 2006-01-29 - 313 words

1Moving
Secrets


She'd forgotten how many he'd asked. At first it'd shocked her. The shock was replaced by irritation which faded to pain. The pain was soon accompanied by hopelessness.
That was when she realized she loved him.
If he noticed he never said anything. He didn't ask and she didn't tell. It was their most precious secret.

Later, when he'd touched her hand and asked her to share his house, hope had returned, blossomed, only to be crushed at his refused fidelity. Still she loved him and convinced herself it'd be enough. His touch, his kisses, his warm embrace, although never solely hers, was enough - for a while. But the knowledge that she wasn't his only one shadowed her world, adding to the heavy burden she already carried. Darkness consumed her. As she stood there on the edge of her world, ready to plunge forever into the black sea below, it was his arms that pulled her back - back into the warm light. She'd cried. He'd held her. No words were needed. It was their most precious secret.

Tremors shook his body, Naraku's poison taking effect. He didn't have much longer. Silently he'd pressed the rosary into her hands, smiling that special smile he reserved only for her and dove headfirst into the reaper's awaiting arms. He'd saved them all. Numb she'd pressed the rosary to her heart remembering their last night together. It was their most precious secret.

Silent tears rolled down her cheeks as she fell to her knees. Her fingers grasped the grass, wet with the morning dew, her shoulders shaking slightly.
Wordlessly she dropped the gifts into the crater before her, their colorful petals decorating the scarred earth. Her houshi's last mark on the world - well almost. Tenderly her hand moved to her slightly swollen belly, the rosary clacking nosily on her wrist.
It was her most precious secret.
Sign up to rate and review this story