Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Can You Feel The Love Tonight II

by SoccerDevil22 1 review

Summary: Just another version of the famous song by Elton John. I got bored while trying to write chapter 19 for Cot II and let my imagination run wild. This is what I came up with. Not in anyway r...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Ginny,Harry - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2008-01-25 - Updated: 2008-01-26 - 2003 words - Complete

2Original
The Year was 1998… or at least it would be in about an hour. The Great Hall to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was jammed pack with students of all ages. As a part of a continuing celebration that was stretching into its third month, Headmistress McGonagall decided to have a school wide dance. Unfortunately, The Weird Sisters had recently broken up and there was no band at Hogwarts standard to replace them. Instead, Hogwarts was having an ‘open-mic-night’. Dress code was informal. Much like the Yule Ball three years ago, ice sculptures doted the hall while Mistletoes hung from the ceiling. The general atmosphere of excite, from the girls of who would go with who, and dread from the boys, on who had to deal with the masses of giggling girls.

Things were much different then they had been three years prior, however. One such difference was the obvious maturity of the once fourth years of that time. Minutes after the announcement, Ron Weasley asked Hermione Granger out on the spot, shocking much of the Great Hall.

Ron and Hermione had been dancing around each other for the last four years. At least that’s what most people believed. No one, with the exception of maybe their long time friend, Harry Potter, knew exactly when their flirting via arguing began.

Harry Potter was a source of gossip all his own. Lord Potter-Black was the single most eligible bachelor in the Wizarding World. He was heir to two of the oldest and richest Pureblood families and rumored to be related to one of the Founder’s of Hogwarts. He was known by many names. The-Boy-Who-Lived, The Dragon Rider, Supreme Commander of Dumbledore’s Army, The-Slayer-of-Dark-Lords and countless other titles. Most people would expect a seventeen-year-old with this much fame and wealth would be spoiled, arrogant, and expect the world to bow before them. Harry Potter was none of those things. He was a quiet and modest person. He bought the least expensive things possible and lived in an apartment that was just over double the size of most people’s bedrooms.

To date, Harry Potter had only had two girlfriends and a one time date.

Parvati Patil was the first girl to spend an evening with The-Boy-Who-Lived in December of 1994; she had less than admiral things to say about him, having spent most the night either sitting at a table listening to him talk with Ron or with a boy she hardly knew from another school. Needless to say, they didn’t see much of each other after that.

Cho Chang had the second go at famous teen. Her relationship with Harry had more downs then ups as she was still trying to get over her first love after he had been brutally cut down at the beginning of the Second War with Voldemort. Unlike Parvati, however, Cho could at least claim to have reached first base. Their short relationship had ended March of 1996.

The third and final girl to catch Harry’s attention was none other than the sister to his best friend, Ginny Weasley. Ginny was a fiery redhead with a temper to match Harry’s. Their relationship was brief, lasting less than Harry and Cho’s, but was said to have been ‘passionate’. Harry broke up with Ginny after the funeral of Albus Dumbledore before he went and took the battle to Voldemort’s front.

The next five months had been the deadliest in wizarding history. The Golden Trio had abandoned their plan to wait until July before setting out on the Horcrux hunt and instead began their journey the day after Dumbledore’s funeral.

They quickly learned that R.A.B. not only knew of the Horcruxes, but had already began collecting them. R.A.B., it turned out, was none other than Regulus Black, Sirius’ younger brother. With the exception of Nagini and the ones destroyed by Harry and Dumbledore, Regulus had found and collected all of Voldemort’s Horcruxes and had been in the process of destroying them when he was killed.

In his room at the old Order Headquarters, the Trio had found the Free Masons treasure trove; Slytherin’s locket, Hufflepuff’s cup, and Ravenclaws tiara. With the Sword of Gryffindor, left to Harry by Dumbledore, the trio was able to destroy every single Horcrux collected by Regulus. All that was left now was to destroy the one in Nagini and Voldemort himself.

The opportunity came at the Battle of Diagon Alley on October 31, 1997. Over three hundred civilians alone were slaughtered in the fiercest and bloodiest battle of the war. Harry, flanked by Ron and Hermione, lead seventy-nine current and past students of Hogwarts into battle. Only thirty-one made it out alive. Among the causalities were: the entire 1993-1994 Gryffindor Quidditch team (with the exception of Harry), the Creevey brothers, Terry Boot, Padma Patil, Marietta Edgecombe, Su Li, Susan Bones, Luna Lovegood, Daphne Greengrass… the names went on and on. Neville Longbottom made his family proud when he sacrificed himself to save Harry by jumping in the way of a cutting curse aimed at Harry’s neck. Before Neville died, he managed to decapitate Nagini as it reared back to strike Ginny. With that last obstacle gone, Harry had no trouble finishing off the ‘He-Who-Looked-Like-A-Reptile’. The war was over… but the scares still remained. Many never would recover from what they had seen and done.

That was the purpose of this evening’s event; to try, if but for a moment, help people to forget about the war.

Harry stood in the corner and smiled as Seamus finished singing “I Got Friends In Low Places” by Garth Brooks.

“Alright everyone give, Seamus a hand!” shouted Lee Jordan. The crowd erupted in cheers and applause.

“Now let’s see… who should we have up here next?” said Lee, looking out into the crowd. He spotted Harry, “How ‘bout The-Boy-Who-Conquered?”

Crowd turned towards a bewildered Harry, cheering.

“There is no way in hell I’m getting up on the stage, Lee,” Harry said.

“Come on, Potter,” baited Lee. “You aren’t scared, are you?”

“Keep it up Jordan and your tombstone will read: “I annoyed Harry Potter and this is what happened to me,” said Harry, firmly.

“Come one you spoil sport,” said Lee.

“Spoil sport! Spoil sport!” the crowd began to chant.

“Oh, what the hell,” said Harry, as he headed for the stage. The crowd cheered.

“Don’t be too please,” said Harry taking the microphone from Lee. “I’ll be singing a slow song.”

The boys all groaned while the girls cheered louder.

“Alright, this one’s for all the muggleborn witches out there,” said Harry as music began to play softly in the Hall. Witches and Wizards began to pair off with one another… all except for a red haired girls standing by the refreshment table who was staring up at the raven haired wizard.

“There's a calm surrender to the rush of day
When the heat of the rolling world can be turned away
An enchanted moment, and it sees me through
It's enough for this restless warrior just to be with you,”

Harry’s voice reverberated off the walls of the hall as he stepped forward towards the edge of the satge.

“And can you feel the love tonight?
It is where we are
It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer
That we got this far,”

Ginny watched Harry sing in amazement. He had the most beautiful voice she’d ever heard. For all the fuss he put up, he seemed to be enjoying the moment. Years seemed to peal away from his face as his eyes emerald eyes sparkled in the low lights of the hall.

“And can you feel the love tonight
How it's laid to rest?
It's enough to make kings and vagabonds
Believe the very best,”

As it went into an instrumental solo, Ginny watch Harry walk to the side of the stage for a quick cup of water. When came back, his eyes still sparkled, but there was a serious look on his face.

“There's a time for everyone, if they only learn!”

Harry punctuated that statement with his fist.

“That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn
There's a rhyme and reason to the wild outdoors
When the heart of this star-crossed voyager beats in time with yours…”

As Harry sang that line, he place his hand over his heart and looked directly into Ginny’s eyes.

And can you feel the love tonight?
It is where we are
It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer
That we got this far,”

Harry began moving back towards the center of the stage, his eyes never leaving Ginny’s

“And can you feel the love tonight?
How it's laid to rest?
It's enough to make kings and vagabonds
Believe the very best,
It's enough to make kings and vagabonds
Believe the very best,”

As the last beat came to a close, the hall erupted. Harry modestly gave a bow then brought the mic back to his lips.

“Will Ginny Weasley please come up on the stage,” asked Harry.

Ginny seemed surprised by this, but began to move towards the stage, with the crowd parting like the Red Sea before. When she reached him, Harry took her hands in hers.

“Ginny, I’ve known you for nearly seven years now,” Harry started “even if I’ve only really got to know you the last three years.”

Ginny wasn’t sure where he was going with this, but stayed quiet.

“I remember the first time we meet at Kings Cross, seven years ago,” continued Harry. “I wouldn’t have admitted it then, but I thought you were pretty cute.” There were wolf whistles but Harry ignored them. “Then I didn’t see you again until the following summer. The first meal we ever ate together, you put your elbow in the butter dish,” smiled Harry as the hall laughed and turned bright red. “Then last year, you gave me the privilege to date you. We’ve had our ups and downs since then, but I can’t imagine myself ever being without you,” Harry dropped down to one knee and pulled a box from his pocket. “Ginny Weasley, will you marry me?” asked Harry.

All around the hall, girls squealed while guys started slapping hands.

Harry was only looking at Ginny who was staring back into his emerald eyes in shock.

Ginny opened her mouth to answer, but nothing came out. So instead, she all but tackled Harry to snog him.

The hall cheered and whistled as Harry slipped the diamond ring on to Ginny’s finger.

Four months later, they were married at the Burrow with only immediate family and close friends present.

Over the next fifteen years they would have nine children:
Lillian Molly- 1999
James Arthur- 2000
Sabrina Luna- 2002
Triplets: Sirius, Fred, and George- 2005
Twins: Neville Regulus and Katie Angelina- 2008
Alicia Susan- 2013

Harry, with Hermione’s help, wrote a series of novels called: The Adventures of the Golden Trio. There were seven books in the series. The Sorcerer’s Stone, The Chamber of Secrets, The Prisoner of Azkaban, The Goblet of Fire, The Order of the Phoenix, The Dark Lord Ascending, and The Dark Lords Destruction.

Ginny became a professional Quidditch Player for the Harpies.

Hermione became an advocate for equal rights for magical creatures. She succeeded in 2007.

Ron became an Auror and eventually headed the department from 2010-2045 when he retired.

The Gryffindor Four remained close until the end of their days. Their children grew up together and were just as close as their parents.

In 2085, at age one-hundred and five, Harry died. Ginny followed him three years later. Ron died a year after Ginny and Hermione seven months after Ron.

They were buried next to each other with inscriptions that read: ‘Ego Ardua Surgo’ ‘We rise through difficulties’.

A/N: Well, here’s my second songfic/romance story. Hope you all like it. Please Read & Review. ~Jeff~
Sign up to rate and review this story