Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Half Way Around The World

Sleep And Starting Work

by fob2adelaide 0 reviews

After a decent sleep Emily begins her first day of work at The Metro...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-01-28 - Updated: 2008-01-28 - 1107 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: I'd like to update soon but I have a silly camp until Thursday. I'll try my best to update soon after I get home.

That night as Emily and Sarah went to bed, Sarah’s enthusiasm for meeting Fall Out Boy seemed to escalate. She sat up in her bed and faced Emily with such a serious face that Emily nearly cracked up with laughter. It was very hard to suppress it. “Why so serious?” Emily managed to ask Sarah after controlling her laughter.
“I’m trying to work out what to say to the guys! I mean what would you say?”
“I don’t know,” Emily replied honestly.
“Oh come on, you’re a thinker, think!”
Emily made herself comfortable in her bed. She lay there mulling the question over in her head. What would she say to them? Finally she came up with some sort of an answer, “I guess I would talk to them about how they got into music, how they write it, something like that.” Emily was a musician herself and found the actual musical side of bands much more interesting then the band’s looks or private lives. Sarah was quite the opposite of this. In her emails she would regularly write who Pete Wentz was going out with, where they went and what they did. Sometimes Emily wondered how Sarah knew all this. She wasn’t there with Pete to witness what he did in his personal life!
“So you wouldn’t flirt with them Em?” Sarah said snapping Emily out of her thoughts.
“No! I only like them for their music Sarah,”
“You’ll change I promise. Once you meet them.” Sarah winked at Emily.
“Anyway,” Emily said trying to change the topic, “What do you think you’ll say to the guys? Actually I know what you’ll say to Pete. You’ll say ‘Kiss me Pete, oh kiss me!’”
Sarah jumped out of bed and started hitting Emily with her pillow. Emily laughed as she was hit on the head, “You’ll say ‘Pete you’re so cute, oh Pete!” Sarah did some more bashing of Emily and when she was finally satisfied she stopped and went back to her own bed. “Sure I’ll flirt with him, but I won’t say that.”
“Sure, sure!”
“I’m warming you, you’ll get another bashing.” Sarah put on her serious face again.
“I’ve stopped. Can we sleep now?” Emily asked still laughing a little.
“Not until we’ve worked out something witty I can say to Pete, something to get his attention. You know he doesn’t have a girlfriend so I’m in with a chance.”
Emily rolled over in bed and got comfortable, “Why don’t you just say ‘Hi’? That’s generally what people say when they meet.” She yawned and closed her eyes. She was aware of Sarah going on about what to say to Pete but Emily could no longer stay awake. She fell asleep listening to the whisper of her friend’s voice as she wondered about tomorrow and going to learn the ropes of her new job, a job that gave her the awesome opportunity to gain some more tech skills and work for Fall Out Boy also.

The next morning soon came about and Emily feeling refreshed from a good night sleep, crawled out of bed. She read her watch, which told her it was 7:30 am. That gave her half an hour to get ready and then head off with Greg to work. Sarah was still asleep and Emily briefly wondered how long Sarah had talked for last night. She wondered if she had even known Emily had fallen asleep as she was talking. Emily grabbed some fresh clothes and made her way to the bathroom which she had been shown the night before. She locked the door and got into the shower. As the hot, steamy water poured over her body she leant against the tiles of the bathroom wall. The water began to wake her up and after quickly washing her hair with shampoo she got out of the shower in record time. Getting dressed, Emily looked at herself in the mirror. Her reflection was smiling back at her. Being happy was a surprising thing. On the airplane, Emily had thought that she would have been homesick and worried, but she was just simply content. This was partly due to the job she got to go to today, but also because she felt comfortable with Sarah and her family. Well, at least Sarah and Greg. She still had to get used to Liz. It was a relief to feel like this being so far away from home.
After getting dressed, Emily headed out of the bathroom and into the kitchen where Greg was making pancakes. Emily was hungry and the smell wafting through the air made her stomach rumble. “Hi,” she said to Greg,
“Hi Emily, “ He replied, “Sarah asleep?”
Emily nodded her head and began to help with the cooking. They quickly finished making breakfast and sat down to eat the hot food. Emily devoured it quickly and soon Greg and her were heading out to the car and on their way to work.

After ten or so minutes of driving, Emily and Greg arrived at The Metro, the music venue they were working at. They got out of the car and Emily followed Greg backstage. She looked at the walls which were covered in writing and drawings. Upon closer examination, she realized most of the writing was mad up of band member’s autographs. Emily made a mental note to read them later on. She followed Greg down a few long corridors until they eventually emerged on the side of The Metro’s stage.
“So the first thing was have to do,” Greg said as a few guys rushed past them holding what looked like steel beams, “Is get the ladder and examine the places where the lights go. We have to see if there are any cracks or anything that could damage the lights.”
Emily and Greg set to work doing this and it occupied them for an hour or so. Finally they began working on a different job and soon the day was over. Emily felt thoroughly satisfied with the effort she had put in and she really liked the job itself. As she and Greg headed back to the car he turned to her and said, “You’ve scored yourself a permanent position.” Emily grinned, now it was certain that she would work for Fall Out Boy, Absolutely certain.
Sign up to rate and review this story