Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Slash of the Dead

Another Normal Day

by midnight_moonlight 0 reviews

One day, plenty of arguments and enough zombies to last them a lifetime! A parody fanfic based on a parody film.

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: R - Genres: Horror,Humor,Parody - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-01-29 - Updated: 2008-01-29 - 609 words

1Original
Slash slowly slid out of bed, hitting the floor with a thud as he did. His head pounded and his tongue felt like a dead animal. The perfect start to another normal day. Well, as normal as could be in the life of an aspiring, hell-raising rock star. The memory of the night before slowly dawned on him as he woke up.

He'd gotten into an argument with Izzy. It had been a stupid argument over something equally as stupid. Whatever it was had caused Izzy to completely flip out before stuffing a bag full of clothes and storming out, muttering something about going to Duff's. That's where he went whenever they had an argument. He'd run to Duff and hide while Slash went on the rampage. Izzy's disappearing act had kick-started a chain reaction which involved him grabbing Steven and legging it into town. They'd wrecked havoc in every bar they'd been in, before storming home and cranking up the stereo. They'd partied hard until Axl had streamed into the room, screaming blue murder.

"IT'S FOUR IN THE FUCKIN' MORNING!" he'd raged.

"It's SATURDAY!" Slash had retaliated.

"No it's not," Axl had hissed. "It's fuckin' Sunday and I've got to get up in 4 fuckin' hours because some fucker wants to see me in fuckin' court for some fuckin' thing that I didn't even fuckin' do. Now can you see why I'm so FUCKIN' ANGRY?!"


The next twenty minutes had seen Axl ripping them each a new one; Slash about his infidelity and Steven for... Well, it had been for being Steven really. Him and Axl had never really seen eye to eye and Axl seemed to relish every chance he got to scream at Steven. It had only stopped when Slash had enquired about the bandage on Axl's wrist.

"Some fuckin' junkie mugged me on the way home." He'd shrugged. "I had to fuckin' fight him off and then he fuckin' bit me. Bastard! It hurts like a mother-fucker."

Axl's ranting had taken the edge off the party so Slash had crashed out and attempted to get a head start on beating the hangover. But now it had bitten him in the ass and he had to work. Muttering vague obscenities at booze, Axl and life in general, Slash dragged himself from the floor and into the lounge.

The TV was on, blaring out cartoons. The lounge was its usual mess of stained carpet, overflowing ashtrays and empty beer bottles. Half asleep, Slash crashed onto the couch and felt around for his cigarettes. He was sure he'd left them somewhere around the lounge.

"Don't you have to go to work?" Slash turned to find Steven sprawled on the couch next to him.

Wearily, he slouched off the couch and looked down at Steven.

"Did you even go to bed?" His voice was harsh and raspy with sleep.

Steven momentarily looked away from the TV, his eyes heavy with booze, drugs and lack of sleep.

"No man." He lit up a cigarette, his eyes focused on the flickering TV. "Was scared I'd miss something."

"Aren't those my smokes?" Slash's eyes narrowed with suspicion.

Steven shrugged in his usual shrug of nonchalance. "Dunno."

Reaching down, Slash plucked the smoke from Steven's fingers and put it between his own lips, savouring the first, revitalising taste of nicotine. He grinned to himself as he puffed on the cigarette; Steven hadn't even noticed he'd stolen it. Walking back towards his room, Slash began getting ready for the day ahead.

Slash didn't know it but it was going to be a day that he wouldn't forget for a long time. A very long time.
Sign up to rate and review this story