Categories > Original > Romance > I've got these feelings, don't cha know?

Chapter 1

by Lollipops_n_Gumdrops 0 reviews

Noah had always been a little bit different, that’s what his parents had always…"hinted" at. No matter how crudely or snidely the comments were spoken, they always made sure he knew that he was...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-01-27 - Updated: 2008-02-01 - 2794 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1

"Twenty-nine!....Twenty-eight!...Twenty-seven!..."

The voices rang from everywhere, echoing in the beautiful star-lit sky, all of them were gazing upwards with innocent sparkly eyes, holding hands with their boyfriends and girlfriends, waiting for the countdown to end so they could get to the good part, where it's tradition to kiss your crush when the fireworks go off.




Faint carnival music could be heard, if you were near the merry-go-round. Although it was hard to make out above all the giggling of little kids gripping their parents hands, as they shouted the countdown with glee, their minds just spinning with the thought of all the delicious carnival food that they were going to be allowed to devour in the new year.

Not one unsmiling face could be seen in the crowd, it was as though everyone was at peace, if only for the short time of the countdown, but still peaceful none the less. All that is, except for one person. A boy to be more specific, with long brown hair that swept across one eye, which was a rather alluring color of honey. A sweet button nose and a cute pair of pouting pink lips accommodated his feminine look. His style was no less feminine, with a pair of girls skinny jeans (he didn't really fit into guys jeans, and girls ones looked better on him anyway so why not?) that clung to his hips in all the right places. His shirt was pink, with black lettering on it that said "Pretty Boy Fury", which was of course, his favorite band. On his feet was a pair of athletic shoes, with his own set of neon yellow shoelaces. You know, the kind that you bought for a buck at the dollar store because you thought it looked cool in its own dorkish ways.




Noah had always been a little bit different, that’s what his parents had always…"hinted" at. No matter how crudely or snidely the comments were spoken, they always made sure he knew that he wasn't normal, not a regular person…below a regular person.




And if the bright shoelaces weren't enough, he had an arm full of bright glowing bracelets on that were in fact, glow sticks that he had made into bracelets, so he could see where he was going when it got dark out. To complete his cute attire, which many thought strange, Noah wore a thick coat of black eyeliner with a little shimmer on his eyelids, accentuating his long black lashes. Mostly he wore so much makeup was because he thought that if he didn't, he wouldn't be pretty anymore, so it was kind of like a cover up for him. A way to feel beautiful.




So as Noah sat in the cart of the Ferris wheel, all alone, he thought of how people would react if they ever saw him with out his make up. 'They'd probably be disgusted.' He thought sadly, as he looked up through the top of the cart, to the stars. 'Mom and dad already think I'm disgusting enough, and a fag on top of that, no wonder I have no friends…'




As the Ferris wheel came to a stop at the very top, Noah sighed loudly, hearing the people shouting only very weakly now.




"Ten!...Nine!…Eight!…Seven!…Six!…Five!…"




Noah felt his face frowning; his pink lips turned down sadly. Noah had always spent his new years alone, even when he was a child; his parents would leave him at home to go to their fancy dinner parties. While Noah had sat alone in his room, crying softly into his pillow, wishing he'd had a friend to play with…anything that resembled affection. Even if it was forced and fake.




Thinking of those nights alone had brought a couple of other bad memories from the past back up, and Noah found himself sniffling slightly as a couple of tears slid down his porcelain colored cheek, and onto the ground. His eyes were now blurry, and his heart was speeding up to a frantic beating, so much that he could hear it in his ears, pulsing through his veins. His thoughts were spinning, and all he was hearing were the insults his parents had thrown at him not long ago…




~Flashback~




"You're gay?!" Noah's father roared, slamming his fists on the fancy marble dining room table, his eyes narrowing dangerously. Their dinner plates rattled violently from the impact, sending a fork and a salt shaker crashing to the floor.




Noah flinched, his forced calmness on the matter dissolving on spot. His voice got caught in his throat, constricting his airways and he found himself having a very hard time trying to breathe. His eyes widened, looking at his parents apprehensively, as if expecting a bomb to go off or something to that matter. He opened his mouth, about to speak, and then decided against it, closing it once more. He did that for a couple minutes, opening and closing his mouth looking like a gaping fish before his mother narrowed her eyes and stared at him hard.




"Is this true Noah?" She asked, her tone of voice icy. She put down her fork and knife; abandoning her Caesar salad to raise her thin professionally waxed eyebrows up in question.




Noah glanced at his father quickly, noting his fists that were now trembling with rage as he tried to control his anger, his knuckles turning white and his eyes shut tight. He looked back at his mother, with her tight bun and sharp red lipstick, pearls around her neck and wearing Chanel; her features were harsh and cold as she waited for an answer.




Noah felt his hands shaking with nervousness, so he clasped his hands under the table, twisting up his fingers nervously and breathing outward slowly. He felt ashamed of himself. How on earth was he supposed to explain this to them? It's not like they would understand, since stuff like being gay or bisexual is frowned upon in his city. If this kind of thing ever got out to the people his parents hung around with, they would hate him. Not that they really liked him in the first place, but it would also be a problem for his parents; he didn't want them to be ashamed of him, or disgusted.




Those were things he had thought about hundreds of times before, and now, as he stared at his untouched salad, eyes lowered and head bowed so his hair covered his expression, he definitely couldn't lie to himself anymore. "Yes...I am." He whispered, talking to his plate, not daring to look up and see the disgusted and disappointed expressions that were clearly on their faces.




When he heard a wine glass shatter, he didn't even look up to see who had done it or what had happened, he just kept his head lowered, playing with the table cloth and mentally slapping himself for being so weak. "I'm sorry..." He uttered, his voice barely coming out of his mouth.




~End Flashback~




Things had just gone down hill from there. First came the shouting. That wasn't fun at all. Noah's parents had been livid, like there was no tomorrow. He heard a couple of their words, but not a lot of them seemed to register in his brain, just tidbits of 'What if the neighbors find out?' and 'Disgraceful. This has to be stopped.' came into his ears.




Next there were the bottles. Noah's dad had always been a little abusive at times, but never had he done what he had at that time. He had taken all his recycled beer bottles and basically anything he could get his hands on to throw at Noah. Noah had always had an abusive father, but it had never been as bad as that night. Noah had the scars to prove it, on his back and neck in deep red marks, with a couple of new wounds inflicted there too.




"...One! Happy New Year!"




Noah jumped, his eyes widening, crystallized tears still clinging to his eyelashes. He hadn't even noticed that the ride had stopped, and that the ride manager was staring at him to get out of the cart. He was so caught up in his daydreaming that he didn't even notice that he had been sobbing and that people were staring at him strangely, and that some were even laughing at him. The other half of the people were cheering, the kids were running around screaming "Happy New Year!" and throwing streamers on unsuspecting teens, who just laughed and then started to talk even more animatedly with their friends.




Embarrassed, Noah got off the ride, red faced and sniffling. The first thing that came to his mind was that his eyeliner was probably running all over his face, and that he needed to find a bathroom quick. Covering his eyes, he ran top-speed to the washrooms (he still didn't know where they were, but he was running in the general direction.) only to smack into something hard, making him fall onto his tail bone and let out a small pained yelp.




Well…that's just wonderful; he was already embarrassed enough and that just had to happen. He was now sitting on the concrete, with a bruised bum, a rather large forming bruise on his forehead, ruined makeup, and a humiliating case of the sniffles.




Whimpering, Noah tried to get up, only to fall down again with a sob. A red flush graced Noah's porcelain complexion, and he hid his face in his hands, knowing that he was attracting a lot of unwanted attention.




"Oh you poor thing, need a hand?" A soft voice radiated into Noah's brain, and he looked up, tears streaking his cheeks, only to find a very cute boy standing in front of him, but he couldn't immediately tell what he looked like, seeing as how his eyes were blurry from his tears.




Uttering a quiet "Oh my god, how embarrassing…" Noah tentatively took the kind strangers hand, which he found out was undeniably soft, and finally managed to get up, stumbling a little, but not falling again, so he was grateful. He quickly wiped his eyes of his tears, and winced as his fingers passed over his bruises. When Noah finally looked up to meet the strangers eyes, he nearly fell over again.




Eyes wide as saucers, Noah let his mouth gape open. "Y-you're….! Cory S-Simon?! Oh…My….God…" He gasped, stuttering like a girl, then blushing furiously, his eyes lighting up in panic. 'Oh my god! I'm talking to Cory Simon…THE Cory Simon!…Cory Simon of Pretty Boy Fury!'




Cory raised an eyebrow above his glasses, cocking his head to the side at Noah's reaction, noting that his mouth was still hanging open. "I am, and who're you hun? If you don't mind me asking that is…" He asked, smiling sweetly at the blushing boy in front of him. He ran a hand through his long ashen colored locks, peering at Noah.




"I-I….um….I'm Noah…Noah Ginter…Oh my god, I can't believe I'm actually talking to you! I-'I'm a huge fan." He said, his voice layered with sweetness, his eyes clouding over with delight. Noah knew he was gushing, but he just couldn’t help it, I mean come on, he was talking to Cory fucking Simon! Who wouldn't squeal like a fan boy if they had met someone from there all time favorite band?!? Hell if he knew.




Said boy was watching Noah with an amused pair of eyes, seemingly pleased that he was meeting one of his fans. "Well, it's a pleasure to meet cha Noah, you're definitely one of my cutest fans." He said, his bright green eyes flickering playfully up and down Noah's body. He was glad to see that the other wasn't crying anymore, but he was a bit concerned as to why he was so sad in the first place. I mean, it's new years! Who would be sad about celebrating the new year with all their friends?




If their was a color deeper than red without going black, that would be the color of Noah's complexion at the moment. After years of not talking much, and insults, this was probably the first complement he had ever gotten by anyone. Of course, though, he knew that Cory was just joking, if he was serious he would have been gay, and Noah was pretty sure that wasn't the case. He had read in an article in teen magazine (yes, he knew it was a mag for teenage girls) that Cory was definitely straight and that he had just been seen with his girlfriend at a Starbucks sitting cozily chatting in Edmonton. And that was only a week ago, surely he was just kidding...that still didn't change things much though, because Noah felt faint that he even got to meet one of his idols.




"Yeah, besides all those beautiful girls that hover by you." He added lowly, his blush receding while he played with his many bracelets. Just then he heard whispering, then a couple of excited squeals, and then the sound of about thirty or more footsteps coming there way. Noah looked up, startled, his large honey eyes widening as he saw a hoard of fan girls running towards Cory, screaming his name and fluttering their heavily mascara-d eyelashes at him.




Cory didn't even react to the crazy girls, he just held up both his hands in a back away gesture. "Sorry sweets, but I'm a little busy..." He said, glancing towards Noah, who looked a little shifty, as if he wanted to bolt. "And you're scaring my new friend." He added, his lips curving into a smirk.




The second those words left his lips, there was a chorus of sighs from the group of girls. They all glared at Noah, before strutting away to gossip with their friends. Noah winced, instantly feeling guilty, even though he really had no reason too.




"Y-You didn't have to make them go away because of me.." Noah started, looking up at Cory with uncertain eyes. He ran his fingers through his brown hair, only for it to fall back in his eyes again. He rubbed his bare arms, suddenly feeling a bit chilly.




Cory frowned, his concerned grassy green eyes landing on Noah once again, as he reached out a hand and lifted up Noah's chin, seeing tired golden pools staring at him with widened shock. “It's okay! I need a break from my fans every now and then anyway, and besides, I was wondering...do you want to meet the rest of the band? We were going to go to a club after to celebrate too, you want to come with?” He asked, looking at Noah curiously, before coming in closer until his lips were next to his ear. “I promise it'll be fun.” He breathed seductively, sending an excited shiver down Noah's spine.




A surprised and slightly dazed expression flew across Noah's face, and then a deep cherry blush bloomed across it. He couldn't believe what was happening! One minute he was having one of his worst unhappy holidays like usual, and the next thing he knows, there's his all time favorite drummer from the hottest band he knew, asking him out! This could not be happening. It had to be a dream, he was sure of it!




Those thoughts tossed around in his head for a minute, while he bit his lip, thinking it over. This surely would be a one night thing. They wouldn't like him after one night with him, when they found out that he was...different. They'd be like all the others probably, taking one look at him, before blowing him off like a dirty bug on the windshield of their Ferrari's and corvette's.




A small hurtful pang went through Noah body at the thought, but he just brushed it off. He furrowed his eyebrows, looking at Cory, whose own eyebrows were raised in question, before smiling shyly and nodding. “I'd love too.” He murmured, licking his dry chapped lips and brushing a stay of hair out of his eyes.




He didn't know if this was a great idea, considering he would never have a chance with anyone in the band. But he just couldn't pass up the offer to meet the rest of the guys in the band, especially his favorite, the lead singer, Frankie, who he was embarrassed to admit, he had a fairly large crush on. Just thinking about him made Noah's heart speed up, and his palms sweat nervously. 'Oh, boy. This is going to be one hell of a night.'
Sign up to rate and review this story