Categories > Books > Phantom of the Opera > Learn to be Lonely

Learn to be Lonely

by OperaAngel

Christine is faced with a diffiult decision that impacts her life and the lives of others. Chapter one not finished!

Category: Phantom of the Opera - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Other - Warnings: [?] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-01-31 - Updated: 2006-01-31 - 562 words

?Blocked
Learn to be Lonely

He was everything I ever wanted. He had a voice that could melt me, and eyes that could hold my gaze for an eternity. He inspired my voice. He sent shocks of electricity through my body every time he touched me. His mask intrigued me, even after I saw what the unfeeling scrap of clothing was hiding. I loved him even with his hindering affliction. There was only one thing standing in my way: Raoul.
Raoul was my childhood love. We spent every day together. We were the best of friends. We parted ways, and I never thought I would see him again. Then he came to an Opera performance and I was the lead. He knew the moment he heard my voice that I was the "Little Lottie" he remembered.
I had always loved Raoul, but Erik made me feel so wanted, so appreciated. I had fallen for him too. He wasn't this ghastly "Phantom" everyone had dreamed up, he was compassionate and gentle. At least, he was until the world turned its back on him. I don't blame Eric for his behavior. He really is a kind soul. A person can only take so much before he snaps. That is what happened to Erik.
The first time I ever saw his face, I will admit I was taken aback. He got very upset with me. Not that I blame him. I would have been upset too. The thing is, seeing his face just made me love him more. He was so real, so raw. There wasn't anything deceiving about him. It was then that I realized just how much I loved him. Unfortunately, Raoul would hear none of it. He told me I was stuck with him forever. I would be unfairly forced to live a life of despair and unhappiness. Worse, I would have to tell Erik that I could no longer be his student, or his lover.
Erik and I had been secretly seeing each other since the night he escorted me to his lair. I gave myself to him that night. He was the only man I had ever been with. The bond between us grew stronger each day as he gave me my voice lessons. He always said that I would be the star of the Opera by the time he was done with me. I always hoped he was right.
The night I went to tell him the news, he was nowhere to be found. I searched and searched, and when I came to the rooftop, there he was, a single red rose in his hand, with a lace ribbon tied around it. The tears flowed endlessly as I ran to him and embraced him. I never wanted to let go.
I then decided I wouldn't let go. I would be with him no matter the cost. I told him of Raoul's harsh ultimatum, and he kissed me and told me not to worry, he would take care of it. I didn't have to worry about Raoul anymore. If only I had known what was coming next.
It was the front page headline the next day: "Vicomte de Changy Mercilessly Hanged by Masked Figure". I didn't know what to do. I felt like it was my fault. If I would have just ended it with Erik this never would have happened.
Sign up to rate and review this story