Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Joe's True Love

Chapter 18

by berryterry 0 reviews

Joe surprises Elaine in a huge way.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-02-07 - Updated: 2008-02-07 - 1041 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 18

The next morning, Joe quickly got out of bed and got ready to go out. He was headed for the nearest Tiffany store in Chicago. But first, he stopped in at his favorite diner to have a quick breakfast. As he was eating, he received a call on his cell phone. It was Elaine. He knew he had to make up a lie about what he was up to, fast.

“Hey baby, what you doing?” Elaine eagerly asked.
“Um, nothing really. I’m just eating breakfast.”
“Oh, that’s cool. What are you doing after that?”
“Ummm… I’m just going to go grocery shopping and then come home. But I’ll be busy for a while. I’m um… coming up with some new riffs for Fall Out Boy,” he lied.
“Oh, so I shouldn’t come over for a while then, right?”
“Right! I mean I’ll call you when I’m done, ok?”
“Ok. Sure.”
“Great. Bye. I love you.”
“Love you, too.”

Elaine had a feeling that something strange was going on, but she brushed it off, thinking that it’s nothing.

After breakfast, Joe arrived at Tiffany’s. He was greeted by an elegantly dressed, middle-aged woman, wearing a blinding diamond necklace and a black, halter gown, with a sheer black shall around her shoulders.

“Welcome to Tiffany’s!” She exclaimed. “We have the finest selection of jewelry, made with the best quality diamonds and gemstones, with the most exquisite cuts and clarity you will ever find. May I help you find something, sir?”
“Yes. I’m looking for an engagement ring.”
“Wonderful! You’ve come to the right place. Is there any particular cut or setting you are interested in.”
“Not particularly but I would love to see the selection.”
“Certainly. Right this way, please.”

When Joe saw the selection of rings, he was stunned. All of them were absolutely gorgeous. But there was one that stood out from the rest. It had a platinum band with a blue diamond in the center, in a princess cut. It was the perfect one. He just knew she would love it. He pictured the sparkle in her eyes as she opened the trademark blue Tiffany box and a tear came to his eye at the thought.

He pointed to the ring under the glass.
“I’ll take that one,” he said to the man behind the counter.
“Excellent choice, sir! A fine piece!” the man said, beaming.

The cashier rang him up.

“That will be $5,999.99”

“Here,” said Joe, handing over his Platinum credit card.

The cashier swiped his card and printed out the receipt.

“Sign here, please.”

Joe signed the receipt and the cashier thanked him for shopping. He went home with the ring to plan his proposal.

Back home, Joe got everything ready for Elaine’s arrival. He made sure that there was no sign that he was going to propose to her. He tried to keep his cool as much as he can, but he was so nervous. When he calmed down enough, he called Elaine.

“Hey baby!” she answered.
“Hey! I just finished making my riffs. You could come over now.”
“Oh great. I bet they sound awesome.”
“Yeah. Yeah, they’re great.”
“Cool. I’ll be there in a few.”
“Ok, bye.”
“Bye, sweetie.”

Joe began to sweat. He kept thinking “What if she says no?” but he knew that she would say yes. He just wanted everything to go perfectly.

When Elaine arrived at his house, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. She figured they were just going to watch a movie and have dinner, which they were, but she had no idea that her life was about to change.

Joe and Elaine sat on the couch and watched a romantic comedy. At one point during the movie, Joe asked Elaine if she wanted something to eat. She said no, so he asked her if she would make something for him. She thought it was a little weird because Joe usually got food for himself if he wanted something, especially if he was in his own house, but she went to the kitchen anyway. On the refrigerator door was a note. It read:
Elaine,
I love you more than anything in the world. Will you marry me?
Love,
Joe


Elaine stood there in shock and was overcome with joy. She turned around to see Joe down on one knee, holding a ring box in the palm of his hand. Tears of joy came to her face, just as Joe had envisioned, as she saw the sparkly blue diamond.

“Yes, YES! Of course I’ll marry you!”

They hugged and kissed each other, both crying jubilant tears.

“Oh Elaine, I love you so much! You mean everything to me!”
“You mean everything to me, too!”

Joe slipped the ring on her finger.

“Oh, Joe, it’s beautiful!”
“I knew you would love it.”
“It’s perfect!”

When they calmed down from the excitement, they ate dinner, which Joe had prepared ahead of time.

“Joe, I really didn’t think that you would do this. I thought you weren’t ready to get married yet,” said Elaine.
“Well I thought about what your dad said and I—
“Wait, you’re not doing this just because my dad said you should, are you?”
“No! I’ve always wanted to marry you. Your dad just made me think about it more. I love you, Elaine. I want to show you how much.”
“I know you love me Joe. Of course I want to marry you, too. But how are we going to plan the wedding with all of this going on?”
“We could hold off on the wedding plans, Elaine. We’ll get married after the baby is born. That’s the best way, isn’t it?”
“Yes, of course it is.”
“I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Elaine. I love you.”
“I love you, too.”
“And I want our baby to have the best life possible.”
“I know. Of course.”

Joe held her hand and Elaine started to tear up again.

“I can’t believe we’re getting married!” she said.
“Yeah. We made it, baby!”

They kissed passionately.
Sign up to rate and review this story