Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Half Way Around The World

Excitement And A Duet

by fob2adelaide 2 reviews

Emily and Sarah finally get to meet FOB. Emily gets a duet with one and Sarah gets to be alone with another...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-02-08 - Updated: 2008-02-08 - 999 words - Complete

0Unrated
Emily continued to play 7 Minutes In Heaven (Atavan Halen) until the sound tech made a movement that indicated she should finish. She played the last chord of the song and let the chord ring out as she looked over to where Sarah and Greg were standing. Greg was smiling widely at Emily and Sarah was standing there practically with her mouth wide open. This was the shocked expression on Sarah’s face that Emily had missed while she had been busy playing. Emily instantly knew what that face meant. It meant that Fall Out Boy had arrived. It also meant that they were right behind her since that was where Sarah was staring. Emily clasped her hand around the guitar (another of Patrick’s) and stopped the chord and the feedback now cutting through the amp. She slowly turned around to see the four members of Fall Out Boy watching her. For a second, Emily was just standing there with the four of them looking at her but then all of a sudden Pete began to clap. Andy joined in with the applause and so did Joe who also began to whistle for her. Patrick, meanwhile, was looking at Emily with a stunned expression on his face. Emily wondered whether that was good or bad. She pulled the guitar over her head and took a step forward towards Patrick to give him his guitar. Pete, Andy and Joe’s claps (and Joe’s whistle) stopped gradually as Emily handed the guitar to Patrick. He took it from her and put it over his head, then he held out his hand to her and shook it, “That was fantastic,” he said to her smiling,
“Thanks,” Emily said smiling back, “I’m Emily by the way.”
Patrick smiled once more, “Patrick,” he said.
Emily nodded and didn’t state that she did in fact know his name, instead she said, “Nice to meet you Patrick.” Then she went to the other three guys and shook hands with them. After shaking hands with Joe, he high fived her, “You’re the best!” He said to her in an excited voice, “Want to play instead of me tonight?”
Was he being Serious? Emily thought. He couldn’t be, who would give up a gig to someone else?! Certainly not someone who liked music like Joe, “You’re not being serious right?” She asked.
”No!” He said laughing.
Suddenly Emily heard footsteps behind her; she turned around to see Sarah walking towards her. Emily noticed that Sarah’s cheeks were bright red and she knew why. It was because Sarah was so close to Pete and she was about to meet him too. Sarah gave a worried but excited look to Emily and then walked up to Pete. Emily watched as Pete looked at Sarah. He extended his hand to shake Sarah’s but he didn’t get a handshake back. Instead Sarah gave him a quick hug. Emily held her breath as she watched Pete’s reaction. He gave a quick smile to Sarah who blurted out, “I’m Sarah, I really like you and your band,” in a machine gun burst of words.
Pete grinned at Sarah, “I have to get some stuff from backstage. Want to come?”
Sarah nodded eagerly and turned to Emily giving a thumbs up.
Emily laughed and watched Sarah leave with Pete. Sometimes Sarah could be a little too excited and it didn’t help, but today it seemed too.
For some strange reason, her excitement hadn’t turned Pete off her, instead it had made him want her to come with him alone. Maybe it was because Pete was like Sarah too. Sometimes he could be a little excited himself at times, from what Emily had seen.

Emily had to get back to her work after Sarah had headed off with Pete. She would have liked to have chatted to the three members of Fall Out Boy who were still on stage, but, as Greg had said, they were here to work and they couldn’t avoid it. Emily went back to tightening the screws on the lights and as she began to do this, Patrick began playing his guitar that Emily had handed to him. She listened as he played a few licks and parts of different rock songs. As she sat working on the lights, she tapped her foot to the music and glanced every now and then at Patrick playing. After he had played for quite a bit, Emily was starting to get really impressed with his musical ability. Not that she hadn’t known it before, but seeing him just muck around and be able to still play well was very impressive to her. She climbed up the ladder and handed the lights up to Greg as she continued to listen to Patrick. As Emily climbed down the ladder and back towards the ground, Joe appeared below her. He was holding one of his guitars and grinning up at her.
“Play something,” he said holding the guitar out to her.
What was it with Joe wanting her to play instead of him?! She wondered. She took the guitar anyway and listened to what Patrick was playing. He was playing Basket Case by Green Day. Emily knew this song so decided that if she were going to play something that she better play along with Patrick. It would save notes, chords and melodies crashing together. She walked up to Patrick and tapped him on his shoulder to get his attention. He stopped playing and turned around, “Hey,” he said to her brightly.
“Hey,” she replied, “Mind if I join in on Basket Case? Joe’s making me play his guitar for him.”
Patrick laughed, “Sure.”
He counted in and they began to play the main riff. Emily looked back at Joe and mouthed ‘Happy Joe?’ He nodded at her.
Then she turned back to Patrick as they continued to play the song together.
Sign up to rate and review this story