Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 8

Conversations

by PurplePenguin 0 reviews

Just a little fic about Seifer talking in cafeteria with Quistis. Implied SeiferxZell Yaoi

Category: Final Fantasy 8 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Quistis,Seifer,Zell - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-02-13 - Updated: 2008-02-13 - 1169 words

1Funny
Conversations.

"So?" Quistis smiled, eyeing the other blonde who sat next to her in the cafeteria.

Seifer glanced up as his spoonful of cereal disappeared into his mouth. "So.... What?"

"What's this big secret that you're dying to tell me?"

He frowned. "I'm not dying to tell you anything."

She gave him a look. "For days now you've been avoiding.... Certain members of garden... people who are my friends and today you walked in here grinning with one of them and training with the other."

"So?" He blinked.

"Well what happened?"

"You've been harassing me all week about not playing friends and now that I'm behaving myself you're still not happy." He frowned at her.

"But-"

"Look Xu the royal bitch has been having a go at me for weeks about ' lack of respect'." He snorted. "Respect? For Squall? Fuck that!"

Quistis rolled her eyes.

"I kicked his ass this morning in the training centre alright? It's not like we're going on our honeymoon or anything."

"And Rinoa?"

He grinned a little. "She helped me out with something that's all."

She made a face. "That sounds kind of dirty."

It was his turn to make a face. "Urgh, I'm not going there again, once was enough."

She smiled. "Okay it's just yesterday you said-"

"I know what I said, I said it again to Zell last night too. Little fucker kicked me off his bed."

Quistis raised an eyebrow. "You were in his bed?"

"On his bed! I was not in his bed." He gave her a look. "What is it with you girls and wanted to catch guys in bed with each other?"

She shrugged. "It's hot."

He frowned.

"What? It is!"

"You're starting to sound like Selphie, it's creepy." He rolled his eyes, spooning more cereal into his mouth.

"Sorry it's just Selphie said you might have a 'thing' for him that's all."

He eyed her without taking his attention away from his food. "Who? Zell?"

"No, Squall."

He looked up then. "SQUALL?!" He practically yelled. "WHAT?! Is Selphie on drugs or something?!"

"That's a no then is it?" She asked calmly.

Seifer looked mortified. "Oh my god, I can't believe you'd think....."

"Well he is hot." Quistis said.

He paused. "Err- I guess..... if you go for the emotionally damaged, leather wearing circus freak type of guy then sure."

She rolled her eyes.

Seifer finished up his bowl of cereal and took a swig of his orange juice before he spoke again.

"Anyway why is Selphie suddenly so interested in my love life? ...It's not like I have one." He added bitterly.

Quistis smiled. "Well her Valentine's ball is coming up and-"

Seifer visibly tensed. "Oh god." He muttered.

"-And she wants to know who sit you with this year."

"Please don't tell me it's going to be a repeat of last year, where she sat everyone in twos throughout the dinner and we all had to dance with that person only and talk to that person only." He shuddered. "And there were red hearts everywhere." He stared pleadingly at her. "The memory still haunts me to this day!!"

She sighed. "Don't be such a baby."

He frowned. "Hey!"

"She wanted to know if you had anyone in mind this year and she thought you'd tell me more than you'd tell her."

"Oh I see so now you're her spy?"

Quistis rolled her eyes. "Well?"

He sighed. "Not..... Really, no."

"I notice before you weren't horrified at the thought of me thinking you liked Zell." She hinted.

"But there is a difference between not being horrified at the thought and actually liking someone."

"But-"

He sighed. "He's cute okay but no."

She shrugged. "Well then we'll just pick a person at random for you then." She smiled evilly. "Or how about that nice young girl who works in the quad, you know, the one with the limp."

He frowned. "The bald one?"

"Oh no the hair's growing back now." She smiled.

He glared. "I hate you."

She chuckled. "I know."

"So you're saying unless I pick someone myself you'll pair me if that bald wonky chick?"

"Well you have things in common with Brittany."

"Like?"

"You both have a lot of scars." She smiled at amused smile again.

He frowned. "Please, I'd rather have anyone else, even you."

She frowned. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well no offence Quisty but I could do without spending the evening getting nagged at by you, it would be like dating my mo- sister."

She glared at him. "Interesting slip there Seifer." He made to get up. "Maybe I will go tell Selphie to seat you with Brittany after all."

He pushed her back down by the shoulders. "You wouldn't dare!"

"Wouldn't I?" She stared back at him, his hands still on her shoulders as they glared at each other.

"What you up to guys?"

Seifer looked over his shoulder at Zell who frowned at their odd position.

"Err-"

Quistis smiled and grabbed the tall blonde pulled him nearer, putting an arm around his neck. "Seifer and I are declaring our love for each other." She told him.

Seifer turned and stared at her.

"Isn't that right Seifer?"

"Err-" He turned back to Zell. "-Yeah." He glanced at Quistis awkwardly. "We're err- deeply in- in love."

Zell eyes flicked between them. "Really?" He frowned in confusion.

She smiled. "Yes we're very happy now."

"Oh." He said.

"Aren't you happy for us?" She asked.

He frowned at Seifer. "You didn't say anything about this yesterday."

"Err no I forgot."

Zell frowned, his fingers playing with the back of the chair that he was leaning on. "Well I'll- err leave- you two.... Alone." He headed past their table to the food counter, his face a picture of confusion and shock.

When he was out of hearing range Seifer shrugged off Quistis' arm. "What was that for?"

"He was jealous."

Seifer scoffed. "He was not, don't flatter yourself. He was shocked that's all, so was I!"

Quistis looked over her shoulder to catch Zell looking at them from the food queue. "He's watching us."

"I'm not surprised, everybody's probably watching us now." He moved his chair back to where it was. "I'm sorry but I just don't think Zell thinks about you that way."

She blinked at him. "Oh my god."

"What?"

"How stupid are you?!" She smiled. "I didn't mean it like that! I meant jealous of me!"

Seifer frowned. "There's no way he thinks of ME that way!"

She shook her head. "I give up."

He frowned. "No." He smiled. "You've got it wrong..." He thought about it. "No." He repeated. "No way." He glanced at her. "No."

She frowned. "Fine, don't believe me then."

IIiiII

Notes: This is NOT a multi-part story I might just add a teensy little conversation with Zell and Irvine and then Seifer and Zell but definitely not going to be another novel. Every time I write something it ends up a million miles long!!









Sign up to rate and review this story