Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Don't You Know I Am Who I Think I Am?

Chapter 27: Guilty, Guilty, Guilty

by patricksgirl84

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-02-14 - Updated: 2008-02-15 - 870 words

?Blocked
Chapter 27: Guilty, Guilty, Guilty

Abby’s POV

“Well, what happened?” I walked to Patrick’s bed. “I’m sorry. Brendon and Ryan got custody of Melanie.” The tears started coming. “Honey, come here.” I went into Patrick’s arms. “I couldn’t do it. I’m sorry, Trick.” He rubbed my head.

“What happened?” He asked. “Pattycakes, your awake.” I turned and seen Pete walk through the door. I couldn’t leave Patrick’s arms. Patrick moved so I got up. “Yeah. Finally. I hope you took care of my family while I was out.” “I sure did.” Pete gave a smile. I wanted to kick him. “Abby was just telling me about the hearing. What did they say?” I looked into Patrick’s eyes. “That I was an unfit mother.” “What? How can they say that? You are a wonderful mother. There had to be more to it. What else did they say?”

I looked at Pete. “What is it?” Patrick asked. “Nothing. I don’t know what to say. They just said I was unfit. I’m sorry. It’s all my fault.” I ran out of Patrick’s room crying. I leaned against the wall. A few minutes later Pete was in front of me. “He wants to see you.” “I can’t go in there. What am I suppose to tell him? Oh, the reason we lost our daughter is that I am fucking your best friend. I really don’t think he needs to hear that.”

The tears started coming. Pete took me into his arms. “Oh, sweetheart. I know you feel terrible, but he needs to see you. I’m going to go for a cup of coffee. I’ll be back in a hour. Just tell him you don’t know why. He’ll understand. We need to talk tonight.” Pete kissed me on the head and I wiped my face. I walked into Patrick’s room. His eyes were closed. I took his hand and squeezed it and then I bent down and kissed him. Patrick’s eyes opened.

Patrick’s POV

“Hey, are you alright?” I looked up at Abby. Something was wrong and it was more than losing Melanie. “No, I just don’t like seeing you in the hospital and everything with Melanie.” “It will be alright.” “How can you say that? You don’t know. You have been saying this for so many years now.” “Baby, let’s take it one day at a time. First, I need to get out of here.” “Has the doctor said anything?” “They are thinking in a week.” “That’s good. I’ll bring the boys to see you tomorrow.”

“Abby, come here.” I took her hands. “We’ll make it through. We always do.” She fell to my chest and wrapped her arms around me. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” For some reason I felt like she was hiding something.

Abby’s POV

Pete decided to come with me to pick up Patrick. We never did talk that night. Or any other night. We always fell into bed. I couldn’t do this anymore. But then why was I? I think I’m falling for Pete. I can’t. I love Patrick. We’ve been together since high school. Pete was like a drug. I couldn’t stop. It was starting to get awkward when Pete was with Patrick and I.

It took a hour to check out Patrick from the hospital. I could feel Pete’s eyes on me the whole time. I just wanted to turn around and slap him. But it was my fault too. Pete drove Patrick and I home. And of course he came in. “Where are the boys?” “Your mom is watching them. I thought for your first night home it could be just us.” “Alright. I think I’m going to lay on the couch. I’m still pretty tired.” “I’ll get you a blanket and pillow.” “I’ll help you, Abby.” Pete followed me to the closet.

“I think I can manage.” “What’s going to happen to us? “There is no us. I need to tell Patrick. I’m going to tell him when the time is right.” “You know we could keep seeing each other.” “Pete, I am not having an affair.” “What the hell do you call what we’ve been doing? Just because he was in a coma, do you think it was alright?” “No, it wasn’t. It should of never happened.” All of a sudden Pete’s lips were on mine and I wasn’t fighting him.

Patrick’s POV

I didn’t understand why Pete needed to help Abby. She was just going to get me a blanket and pillow. It was taking them forever. I decided to see what was going on. As I walked up the stairs, I could hear them arguing. Now I was really confused. Abby and Pete never really got along. I know they put on a act in front of me. I reached the top of the stairs and was about to ask them what was wrong, but then I seen my best friend kissing my wife.
Sign up to rate and review this story