Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Joe's True Love

Chapter 20

by berryterry 0 reviews

A very special event takes place for Joe and Elaine.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-02-21 - Updated: 2008-02-21 - 621 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 20

Joe rushed to the hospital while the other guys were stuck at MTV Studios. The host of TRL made some lame excuse about Joe having a “family emergency” and the rest of Fall Out Boy stayed to continue with the interview.

When Joe arrived at the hospital, Elaine was not there yet, and Joe began to worry. But a few minutes later, she arrived. Her contractions were already two minutes apart and she was breathing rather heavily. The receptionist checked them into the delivery room right away.

“Hello Ms. Krause. How are you doing? How far apart are your contractions?” asked the obstetrician.
“Um, I think they’re about two minutes apart, doctor.”
“Ok. Let’s just see how we’re doing here.”

She looks underneath Elaine’s hospital gown.

“Well you’re about two centimeters dilated. It should take a few hours before you can deliver.”
“Oh God. I just want the baby out!”
“You know, Elaine, there are ways to make this delivery easier for you. We could give you some drugs to numb the pain and many women have epidurals.”
“What exactly is an epidural?”
“It’s a form of anesthesia. We inject drugs into your epidural space (your spine) with a catheter and it blocks a lot of the pain.”
“Are there any risks?”
“There are a few risks involved but we’ll assure you that if anything starts to go wrong we’ll be there to fix it. But you must sign this contract before we give you any drugs,” she informed.

Elaine looked at Joe, who has been silent the whole time.

“I think you should do whatever you feel most comfortable, sweetie,” he said.
“Yeah, I can’t stand the pain, but I’m a little nervous about the risks.”
“I think you should be fine. The doctors here seem like they know what they’re doing.”
“Yeah but—OWWWW—ok, I’ll take the drugs!”

A few hours later, Elaine is ready to deliver and gets the epidural.

“Ok Elaine, you could start pushing now,” instructed the doctor.

Joe looked on with anticipation as all this was happening. He held Elaine’s hand and she grabbed on tight.

Meanwhile, the rest of Fall Out Boy, as well Joe and Elaine’s friends and family were anxiously waiting for more news on the delivery status.

Pete and Patrick are sharing a hotel room near the hospital discussing the highly anticipated events occurring at that very moment.

“Oh wow. I can’t believe Joe’s about to become a dad,” said Pete.
“Yeah I know. You think they had the baby yet?”
“I don’t know. But I guess it should be soon. It’s been hours.”

Back at the hospital:
“Elaine you’re crowning! One more big push!”

Elaine gripped Joe’s hand even tighter as the little baby made its out of her. It was a girl. Elaine and Joe began to tear-up as they saw their tiny daughter, wailing away, with her rosy full cheeks and her dark, curly hair and bright blue eyes. Joe kissed Elaine’s forehead.

“She’s so beautiful!” exclaimed Elaine with tears in her eyes.
“Congratulations mom and dad!” said the doctor.

A few minutes later, their baby was returned to them. Elaine held her first as Joe looked lovingly over her shoulder.
“What are we going to name her?” Joe quietly asked.
“How about Elizabeth Ann?”
“That sounds beautiful. Elizabeth Ann Trohman.”

After awhile, Joe was making calls to everyone he knew. He was so elated by this blessed event, as well as everyone else. He knew that all this wouldn’t be possible if he hadn’t found his one true love.

THE END
Sign up to rate and review this story