Categories > TV > CSI > Deadman's Hand

Home Again

by OhSoIntricateLie 0 reviews

Category: CSI - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2008-02-21 - Updated: 2008-02-21 - 468 words - Complete

0Unrated
September 25, 2006 6:15 p.m.

Greg Sanders’ Denali

“Greg.”

“Yeah Kace?”

“I so don’t want to go to school tomorrow. Ya know? I mean I really don’t think I could handle it. Is there like any way I could like, go to the lab?”

Greg slowed to a stop as they came to a redlight and looked at her.

“I dunno Kacey.”

Kacey nodded to herself then said, “ What if tomorrow you come get me and we stop by DHS and I can go get my books so I won’t be behind. If your not busy that is,” she hastily added hoping not to sound demanding.

Greg smiled.

“Sure what time?”

“Um about 11:30,” Kacey offered.

“Sure,” Greg replied as he chuckled.

Greg pulled into Cale and Eleanor Johnson’s driveway.

“Well Kace, here you go,” I’ll be here around 11:30 then.”

Kacey nodded and as she was getting out of the SUV Greg stopped her.

“Kacey? Be strong, not just for yourself but your little sister. Ok?”

Kacey nodded, “Ok.”

She shut the door to the Denali and as she walked up the pathway to the house Greg watched her. Kacey came to the front door and turned around. She raised her hand and gave a small wave to Greg who in returned it. She opend the door and once she was in the house Greg Sanders backed his Denali out of the driveway and headed back to HQ.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Greg was driving back to HQ he decided to call Grissom.

“What do you want Greg?”

“Hey Griss, I just dropped Kacey off and she told me she doesn’t think she could handle going to school tomorrow and wanted to know if she could go to the lab.”

“Greg...”

“Come on Griss. The kid just lost her mom and school may not be the best thing for her right now.:

“And the lab will?”

“She told me she has always wanted to be a lab tech or something. How many chances will she get again?”

“Ok Greg. Bring her in tomorrow and we’ll get her an ID. She may have to be at the lab a lot. Is that all?”

“Uh, yeah.”

With out another word, Grissom hung up the phone.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back in the break-room...

“What did Greg want,” Catherine asked?

“Whether or not Kacey could come to the lab tomorrow instead of school. Jim?” Gil replied.

“I think it’d be a good idea,” Brass replied.

Several minutes of silence occured before Nick spoke up.

“So what do we do? We have no leads, collected any possible evidence, and Kacey left so we have no clue if she knows anything. What?”

“I guess we wait until tomorrow when Kacey gets here,” some one replied.

A/N: Please review, it makes my day :)
Sign up to rate and review this story