Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

Another Holiday-ish One Shot

by fameislessthaninfamy 4 reviews

This is just another one-shot i wrote around new-years. I meant to post it, but i thought it wasn't finished enough and couldn't think of another line.. It's nothing special, just something i'd lik...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-02-21 - Updated: 2008-02-22 - 782 words - Complete

0Unrated
It was New Year's Eve, and Ari was alone again. She was getting ready to go out and party later, with her band and a few others she was touring with- mainly, the guys from Panic!. Audrina, the singer, was currently engaged to Jon, and Holly, the guitarist, was dating Brendon. Ari, the bassist, was simply alone. Although, she did have her eye on one Ryan Ross. Unfortunately, Ari, being shy, didn't let on much that she felt anything.
She was standing in the tour bus bathroom, contemplating, until she heard a bang on the door. It was Audrina.
"Ari! Hurry up in there! Others need to use it too, maybe some time this year!" "Yeah," Ari said, leaving the bathroom. "You only have 4 more hours of 'this year'. Don't take too long." "Smartass" Audrina responded, laughing, then closed the door.
Ari strolled further through the bus to where Holly was checking her eyeliner in a mirror. She plopped down onto the couch and nearly made Holly's mirror fly out of her hand. This struck Ari as quite funny, and she started laughing. Apparently it was infectious, as Holly laughed too. They both calmed down, then Holly started the conversation. "Sooo, you excited for midnight?"
"Why would I be, It's just 2008." "Well.. you have to kiss someone at midnight! New Years Tradition!"
Ari looked at her. "I haven't got a 'someone'." "Then... we'll find you a someone. Anyone you're interested in?"
Ari hesitated, then answered "Well, Ryan's pretty cute..."
Holly put her hand on Ari's shoulder. "Brilliant!" she exclaimed. "He's single. I'll go talk to him for you."
"Oh, Holly, you wouldn't!" Ari shouted, her voice full of concern. Audrina walked into the room. "Wouldn't what?" "Nothing!" Ari snapped, but Holly quickly answered "Talk to Ryan for her!" Ari whacked Holly on the shoulder, her usual 'shut up' sign. "Awwe!" Audrina said, "They'd make an adorable couple. They're so artsy and cute."
"Naw, guys, I'm sure he wouldn't want to go out with me." "Well," Holly said, pointing out the window, "I'll go ask."
Ari looked out, searching for what she pointed at, as Holly ran out the door. Ari saw, too late, that Ryan was poking around outside their bus. "Ohmygosh" Ari breathed, her face turning a shade of crimson. Holly was next to him, talking assumably about Ari.
"Sooo, Midnight, huh?" Holly asked, nudging him. "Who you gonna kiss when the clock strikes 12?" "Well, I haven't got a girlfriend.. I dunno."
"I can think of-" Holly started to say, but Ryan cut her off. "Who are you going to try to set me up with now?" He asked. Holly cut to the chase. "It's Ari."
Ryan blinked in disbelief. "You mean she's still single?" "Umm, yeah, Ryan, she is. Where have you been?" "Well," he said, ignoring her sarcasm, "She wouldn't want to.." Ryan said, and Holly smirked. "Go ask her yourself!" she told him, gesturing towards the bus.
Inside the bus, Ari was flipping out. Holly was pointing towards her, and Ryan looked in. She ducked down, and he turned away towards Holly, said something, and hurried off.
Ari's whole body, and mood, just sunk into the couch. "Ruined. I'm ruined. I bet she said something wierd, and... I don't know." Audrina comforted her, then brought her to the back so she could change for later.

*Later, at the new years' bash..**

Holly, Audrina, Brendon, and Jon were inside the bar, drinking, dancing, and watching the TV screen for the final countdown. It was about 5 minutes to midnight.
Ari was outside, leaning on the balcony rail, and Ryan was no-where to be found. Ari began talking to herself.
"I shouldn't have let Holly talk for me. I should have gone myself. Instead of maybe having Ryan, I'm just alone again.." She checked her phone, 3 minutes, then heard a familiar voice from behind.
"You know, you should be in there, having fun with us," came Ryan's voice. She turned around slowly and asked, "You didn't.. hear me talking to myself, did you? I'm not crazy, it's just.."
"I understand," he said, as Ari's phone beeped for twelve, and he pulled her into a kiss. They heard cheering and catcalls from inside, but no 'Auld Lang Syne'.
"Oh my gosh," Ari said, blushing. "My phone.. You didn't give me time to mention, it's a few minutes off..." "Well, I've wanted to do that for a long time now, anyways.." Ryan answered, leading her inside. "And now, I get to do it again in a few minutes!"


[There it is! i still think it's unfinished. anyways, comments are love even though it's february now and not really anywhere near new years. -Emily]
Sign up to rate and review this story