Categories > Anime/Manga > Digimon

Borrowing Music

by BeccaStareyes 0 reviews

A modern epistolary tale of friendship and music, featuring Yamato and Mimi. Witness Mimi's difficulty getting one of Yamato's CDs to the US.

Category: Digimon - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Yamato Ishida - Published: 2008-02-21 - Updated: 2008-02-22 - 1268 words - Complete

0Unrated
Written for the Digifriendship Challenge #1 at Livejournal, where it won first place.



To: Ishida Yamato (yamato1988@cmail.co.jp)
From: Mimi Tachikawa (orchid_pink@liliput.com)
Subject: New CD
Sent: 6:29 PM EST 15 January, 2003

Hello Yamato,
I was talking to Mikayo yesterday, and she told me that your band had finally recorded another CD. I found some tracks on your website, but it looks like they don't ship to the United States. I was wondering if you'd be willing to get me a copy? A lot of my friends here really like the CD I got when I was in town last summer.

How are things back in Japan, anyway? Michael and I have been trying to organize the kids with Digimon back here, in New York. There's a lot of worry about how people's parents will take it — a lot of the apartments here don't allow pets, so we have to explain that Digimon aren't pets, they're more like extra people living there. So far, there hasn't been any real problems. How are you all handling it in Tokyo, since it's the same kind of place?

I wish I could come back to visit before the summer. I miss all of you. I guess I'll have to keep in touch via email.

— Mimi
Sign up to rate and review this story