Categories > Anime/Manga > Pet Shop of Horrors > D is for...

One for Remembrance, One for Forgetting, and One for Regrets

by Eternatis 0 reviews

This is what Howell wishes he remembered. [Spoilers for Volume 10]

Category: Pet Shop of Horrors - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2008-02-22 - Updated: 2008-02-22 - 200 words

0Unrated
This is what Howell wishes he remembered: every gesture of D's long white hands. Every cruel smirk and jibe D made, at his expense and at everyone else's. What him and D talked about when they were getting an experiment ready. The lies D told as easy as breathing.

This is what Howell actually remembered: D's eyes, a bright unnatural purple that made girls go weak at the knees - and a few of the guys too. D's smirk, painted on a few shades darker than his eyes. D walking out of the lab one evening, promising Howell that he'd get something to eat with him the next day, if he really insisted, and never coming back.

This is what Howell regretted: that all he can remember of what D actually looked like is the grainy photo they used in the news when his disappearance hit the headlines, the one of D turning away from the camera, so they got a great shot of D's hair flaring around him in a cloud and the faintest touch of his smile. That he looks at the photo in Orcot's file, and all he can think is So that's what you looked like.
Sign up to rate and review this story