Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Truth and Lies

by youkai_girl 0 reviews

Written for the week 7 prompt at bleach_contest on LiveJournal; Honesty/Dishonesty. Ichigo and Rukia both having the same problem, from different angles; how to let a certain someone know their fe...

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kuchiki Rukia,Kurosaki Ichigo - Published: 2008-02-23 - Updated: 2008-02-24 - 332 words - Complete

0Unrated
Truth and Lies
by: eternalsailorsolarwind AKA youkai_girl

Disclaimer: Bleach and all of its characters are owned by Tite Kubo, Viz, his Japanese publishers, and probably a few other legal entities I don't know about. All I own is some merchandising.

A/N: Written for bleach_contest week 7 prompt: honesty/dishonesty. Man, this was a tough one. Ichigo and Rukia both having the same problem, from different angles; how to let a certain someone know their feelings. IchiRuki (yes, I did write het!).

0o0o0o0o0o

If I wasn't an honest man, I could lie about what I feel for her.

She already knows. I may not have said in words that I love her, but actions speak louder than words, right? When I stormed Soul Society for her, I loudly proclaimed that it was to settle a debt. That was true, as far as it went. Even I knew that we couldn't go forward until we were equals. So I saved her so she had the ability to choose what she wanted to do next.

While a little stung that she chose to stay in Soul Society instead of coming back to the living world with me, I knew instinctively that I would see her again. Soon, and not when my time came, either. I was right, too. Just when I was feeling my lowest, missing her; she came back. For me, to me; all that matters is that she came back, immediate kick to the head notwithstanding. I could see in her eyes that she was happy to see me; that she missed me too. No matter what she actually /said/.

So even though we fell into our usual bickering immediately, trading insults with ease, I think she already knows that I love her. And I think she might love me too, though she hides it behind blows and her “/sensei/” attitude, always keeping one step ahead of me. I can't explain it, I just feel that way.

Sign up to rate and review this story