Categories > Anime/Manga > Loveless > Tragic Accidents

Chapter 2

by Inudork08 0 reviews

Ritsuka's past haunts him, and puts him in more danger.

Category: Loveless - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Kio,Ritsuka,Seimei,Soubi,Yuiko - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-02-24 - Updated: 2008-02-25 - 1702 words

0Unrated
Ritsuka’s Dream…

“Seimei! Come back! Don’t go Seimei! If you leave I’ll never see you again! Seimei!”

No matter how fast I ran, Seimei got further and further away, I had this felling if he left that I would never see him again. So I kept running until my legs felt like noodles. When I finally fell from exhaustion, I turned around and headed home.

“Where’s Ritsuka?! You’re not my Ritsuka! Give me back my Ritsuka!”

“I’m sorry mom, I don’t know where Ritsuka is!”

For the last three years I’ve been trying to get “Ritsuka” back for my mother. I’ve tried hypnosis, trying to get the old Ritsuka back for mom, but so far no success.

I ran out of the house, I froze in my yard when I saw him standing there.

“S-Soubi?”

“Hello Ritsuka, I thought you we’re going to run away, I came to give you to Septimal Moon.”

“What?”

“You heard me.”

I stood there, my eyes wide from shock as Soubi turned into me…

“Ritsuka! Ritsuka wake up!”

Ritsuka’s eyes flashed open and his eyes focused on Soubi’s face.

“Soubi…”

Ritsuka leaned up and put his arms around his waist, giving Soubi a big hug.

“Promise me something Soubi…”

“What is it Ritsuka?”

“That you’ll never leave me…okay?”

“Why would I?”

“I don’t know…just don’t ever okay?”

“Okay, I won’t I promise. What’s wrong Ritsuka?”

“N-Nothing…”

“Okay, are you hungry?”

“A little…”

“How is your body feeling? You had a lot of deep cuts.”

“I’ll live, I had a lot of worse wounds before…”

Ritsuka stumbled out of bed and staggered a little. Soubi put his hand around Ritsuka’s waist and helped him walk to the kitchen.

“Sit down at the table, I’ll get your dinner.”

Ritsuka nodded and went over and sat down at the round small table.

“Hey Ritsuka, what did Breathless want?”

“They wanted to cut our bond…better yet, they wanted me dead… I should’ve died. If you didn’t show up I would’ve died. Maybe if I did die I could’ve seen Seimei again…or found the old Ritsuka for mother.”

“Don’t talk like that Ritsuka! What use would you be if you were dead?! Then what would your mother do?!”

Soubi grabbed Ritsuka’s arms and firmly shook him.

“Promise me you won’t talk like that again okay?”

“Since when do you care?! You never answer your cell phone, even though you promised me you would everytime I called! You lied to me Soubi…just like everyone else!”

Ritsuka got up and ran out of the door, ignoring the pain his wounds gave him.

“Ritsuka!”

Soubi called after him, but he was already rounding the corner and soon out of Soubi’s sight.

“Ritsuka…”


Ritsuka ran for hours, ignoring the fact that the snow was making his bones shiver. Soon he stopped running because he was in the middle of nowhere, away from cities and cars, lost. Ritsuka looked all around him for some kind of sign of life but there was nothing but the crows in the giant tree above him. Cawing at him, telling him what a loser and unwanted person he was.

“I know okay?! I know!”

He screamed to the sky then fell to his knees, completely exhausted and out of breath.

“ I know…”

Then he fell onto his side and closed his eyes, ignoring the cold as the snow around him began to turn red.

“I…know…”

He whispered one last time before he fell into a deep sleep.

“Ritsuka…! Ritsuka…!”

Ritsuka could hear the deep voice getting closer, but he refused to open his eyes, then a sudden chill hit him and he began to shiver uncontrollably.

‘I-I can’t feel my body!’

Ritsuka though as he started to panic, but the the panic died down, and a smile spread across his face.

‘I’m finally going to die… I’ll finally get to see Seimei again…’

Ritsuka smiled once more and closed his eyes…not bothering to open them even when the voice was only a few feet away.

“Ritsuka! Ritsuka!”

“Where are you Ritsuka?!”

“Ritsuka! Please answer us!”

Ritsuka recognized the three voices, but even they wouldn’t be able to wake him up. He was going to kick up his stubbornness…even if it meant he died because of it. He quietly identified the three voices in his head.

‘Kio…Yuiko…and Soubi…I’m sorry………’

Then his thoughts suddenly stopped and he fell into darkness…alone once again…

“Ritsuka! I found him Soubi-sama! Hurry!”


Yuiko moved out of the way as Soubi ran up to Ritsuka, and draped his jacket over for him, the quickly checked for a pulse.

Tha……..thump……………Tha………..thump…………..Tha………..thump
Soubi scooped him up, trying to keep the blue child warm.

“We need to get him to a hospital. He has hypothermia, and has lost a lot of blood.”

Soubi turned around once more to get a look at the blood stained snow.

“Come, hurry.”

Soubi began to ran, and Yuiko and Kio immediately began to fall behind.

“Just go! We’ll catch up!”

Soubi nodded and took off running, cradling Ritsuka closer, trying to get him warm once more.

“I’m so sorry Ritsuka…”

Soubi kissed him gently on the forehead.

“I love you…”

“Stop…saying…that…”

Soubi glanced down, shocked.

“It’s cold…Soubi…and the…world…keeps…spinning…I’m…scared…I don’t really…want to die…”

Soubi squeezed the child closer.

“You won’t I promise…I will keep you alive Ritsuka…”

Ritsuka laughed, coughed, then made a gurgling sound as blood rushed out of his mouth, then fell limp in Soubi’s arms.

“Ritsuka? Ritsuka?!”

Soubi made a grunt of effort noise and began to run faster.

“Hang in there Ritsuka!”

Then Soubi finally made it to the hospital and rushed through the doors and straight up to the receptionist.

“Please hurry! He stopped breathing!”

The woman panicked when she looked at the blue child in Soubi’s arms.

“We need a doctor down right away! We have a male child about twelve years of age and he has stopped breathing.”

Before Soubi realized it there was a doctor and two male nurses, Rushing down the halls with a stretcher with wheels. They took Ritsuka and lied him gently on the stretcher.

“What’s his name?”

“Ritsuka.”

“What are you to this boy?”

“His older brother.”

The doctor nodded and put his stethascope to Ritsuka’s wrist.

“His pulse is low! This boy needs surgery right away!”

The two male nurses swerved away from the rolling bed and went over to talk to three other doctors that walked over to the doctor and Ritsuka. Then this female nurse came over and looked at Soubi.

“You’re gonna have to wait here sir. He’s going into surgery right now. You can wait in the room that we prepared for you.”

Soubi looked at the nurse who grinned at him.

“Okay.”

The nurse nodded and showed Soubi to Ritsuka’s room. Soubi thanked her and sat down in a chair by the bed and let his head fall into his hands. Then began to sob quietly to himself.

“How could I let it get this bad?! I’m such an idiot!”

Then a soft tap on the door made Soubi jump.

“Come in.”

“Is Ritauka gonna be okay? Yuiko is worried about Ritsuka…if something happens to Ritsuka then Yuiko will have no one, and be all alone…”

Tears started to streamed down Yuiko’s face, leaving a wet trail behind. Soubi got up and wiped away Yuiko’s tears.

“He’ll be fine, so don’t worry okay?”

He bent down and gave her a hug, as she nodded into his shoulder. Kio helped Yuiko sit down on the other empty bed, sitting down next to her to keep her company while Soubi sat in the empty chair next to Ritsuka’s bed and satred out the window.

It felt like days since they’ve been waiting for Ritsuka to come out of surgery but its only been three hours at the most. Then a nurse opened the door and rolled in Ritsuka, who was now hooked up to an oxygen machine.

Soubi helped her transfer Ritsuka to the other bed, gently lying him down while the nurse covered him up.

“The doctor will be in shortly to talk to you about his injuries.”

Soubi nodded as the nurse bowed and left the room. Soubi couldn’t take his eyes off of Ritsuka, who was heavily breathing and twitching as he slept. Then Kio and Yuiko stirred behind him and tiredly got up.

“Ritsuka…?”

“It’s okay Yuiko, he’s just sleeping.”

“Will he be okay?”

Kio asked as he lazily rubbed his eyes.

“I don’t know yet…”

There was a long silence that was interrupted by a soft tap at the door, and in came the doctor.

“Are you Soubi?”

“Yes.”

“Ritsuka, had internal bleeding in his liver. We fixed that, but he also had a severe case of Hypothermia, which as you can see he is very blue, we have to try and keep him as warm as possible okay?”

“Yes. How is he going to be though?”

The doctor was silent for a minute then looked at all three of the worried faces.

“Only time will tell…”

The three friends looked down at the floor pretending that there was something amazing playing on it.

“You mean you don’t know doctor?”

The doctor shook his head, and left the room, leaving the three worried people. Soubi sighed and looked at the clock, 9:35 PM. Then he looked at Yuiko who was sleepily fighting her closing eyelids.

“Kio, take Yuiko home and make sure she gets there safe okay?”

Kio nodded and gently picked up the sleeping Yuiko, who had lost her fight with her closing eyelids.

“Will you be home tonight?”

“No. I’m going to stay here with Ritsuka.”

Kio nodded and left Soubi and Ritsuka all alone.
Sign up to rate and review this story