Categories > Anime/Manga > Loveless > Tragic Accidents

Chapter 4

by Inudork08 0 reviews

Now that Ritsuka has found out that he was the key to finding Seimei, they head out towards the Dark Forest. Ritsuka hoes that Seimei will be there waiting for him.

Category: Loveless - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Kio,Ritsuka,Seimei,Soubi,Yuiko - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-02-24 - Updated: 2008-02-25 - 1655 words

0Unrated
“Can you walk?”

“Yes, it doesn’t hurt anywhere anymore…Seimei healed my wounds but he couldn’t heal the coughing…its fine though…it doesn’t hurt that much anymore… We have to get going though, we have to go to the Dark Forest.”

Soubi nodded and helped Ritsuka stand up.

“Yuiko, I want you to go to Kio’s house and stay with him until I get back okay?”

Yuiko nodded and looked up at Kio who looked very…manly…

“Yuiko will go with Kio, but Yuiko expects Ritsuka to come back okay?”

“I will.”

Soubi and Ritsuka watched as Kio carried Yuiko back to the dorm.

“Are you ready Soubi?”

Soubi nodded and looked at the serious Ritsuka, so mature and quiet.

“Soubi?”

“Yes?”

“I saw my future…I don’t make it back… Tell Yuiko, I’m sorry okay?”

Soubi was shocked, then he looked at Ritsuka who was trembling with fear.

“Are you scared Ritsuka?”

“No, not if it means bringing Seimei back to mom. I’m not scared to die for that. Now lets go!”

Ritsuka and Soubi started to run towards the forest that lied in darkness, determined to find Seimei and bring him back.

“We made it. Are you ready Ritsuka?”

Ritsuka nodded and walked through the big iron doors…

“It’s about time you showed up.”

“Septimal Moon!”

“You are correct. You look just like him. I know that’s what you came for, your big brother. He lied just up ahead in through those doors, but you have to pass me to get to him.”

“Go.”

“Ritsuka?”

“Go Soubi! This is what I’m supposed to do! Go and get Seimei!”

“But…I can’t!”

Ritsuka walked up to Soubi and kissed him.

“Now go, Soubi, Seimei gave me the strength, now go. I am not afraid!”

Soubi nodded and ran to the doors.

“Not so fast!”

Ritsuka, appeared in front of Septimal Moon, and glared at her.

“Your fight is with me!”

‘His speed is incredible! This boy will be a challenge…’

“As you wish boy. Go my spore and plant yourself, within this body, full of fresh nourish!”

Spores appeared out of nowhere and entered Ritsuka’s body.

“That’s all you have? Little spores?!”

Then Ritsuka’s eyes widened as root broke through his skin.

“That’s not all little Ritsuka, very soon these little spores will turn into a carnivorous plant and eat its way out of your body.”

Roots began to sprout out of Ritsuka’s body and his screams filled the room. Soubi turned around at the door and looked at Ritsuka who was pulling roots out of his body.

“Ritsuka!”

“Go Soubi! Get Seimei!”

“I will, but I will come back okay for you okay?!”

“Fine! Aaaah!”

“Tsk. Tsk. If you pull them out, they’ll re-grow bigger.”

Ritsuka started laughing, a laugh that sent chills through Septimal Moon’s body.

“I already saw my future, and I also saw yours. I know how to kill you!”

“Oh? How?”
“I have to make you wither…you’re just a giant plant. Your main root is attached to this giant fountain, if I cut it, then you will wither. Plants need water to survive don’t they?”

“You have nothing to cut it with!”

“Oh, yes I do.”

Ritsuka pulled out a small blade and Septimal Moon gaped in horror at the sight of it.
Ritsuka ran as fast as he could, happy he had his new speed and that he got to Septimal Moon’s root before she could react. He swiftly sliced it as Septimal Moon began to shriek and wither. He could feel the plant trying to eat through his head. Ritsuka stood there, tears streaming down his face…

“I’m sorry…Seimei…”

Then the plant broke through and Ritsuka stood there, as blood streamed down his chin and his right eye stared lifelessly straight ahead, tears still streaming down his face.

“Foolish boy…My roots re-grow. You just wasted what little time you had of your life.”

Septimal Moon went over and took Ritsuka by the collar, tearing the roots that connected him to the ground and threw him by Seimei’s feet, who looked at him shocked. Like Seimei’s legs were made of jelly, he fell to his knees by his brother’s head, and gently lifted it into his lap like it was a piece of fine china.

“Ri-Ritsuka…”

Seimei’s voice was shaky, as his little brother stared at him with a dead look.

“Your little brother was foolish, wasting what little time he had left of his life, trying to kill me. Now look at him, he’s becoming a pot for my precious plants. Soon he will be nothing, as the plants eat him from the inside out.”

Ritsuka gagged as a small root emerged from his mouth covered in blood and Seimei pulled it out. Soubi reached down and smoothed Ritsuka’s hair from his face. Septimal Moon sighed and crossed her arms.

“I’ll let you guys go, you’re not going to be any fun in your current state.”

She clicked her fingers and disappeared. Ritsuka coughed blood spurting from his mouth. Soubi gently wiped it from his mouth with the towel he brought.

“We need to get him to my dorm. I might have a book with a cure in it.”

“You’re right. I will not loose my little brother, he went through so much to find me…and save me… We can’t let him die Soubi.”

“We won’t.”

Seimei picked up his brother and cradled him close to his chest as Soubi and himself hurried out of the building.

When they got to the dorm Kio was up waiting in the living room. He immediately jumped up in surprise when Soubi ran in and began to clear off the couch, throwing everything onto the coffee table.

“Lay him down here.”

Kio watched in shock as Seimei walked in carrying Ritsuka in his arms. Kio wasn’t really focusing on Ritsuka, but on Seimei. Then he looked at the lump of vines that Seimei lied on the couch, then he noticed that it was Ritsuka.

“Oh my God! What the hell happened to him?!”

The two were silent as Seimei sat, brushing his brother’s hair from his face, as Ritsuka lied there panting, and coughing as blood spurted everywhere. Then Soubi came back with a big leathery old book.

“I found it! The only thing that can cure this is…miso soup made with a really rare herb, but if the body rejects it, then that means that it’s too late and he will surely die…”

“I think I have a rare herb. What does it look like Soubi?”

Soubi handed Kio the book and he took it and went over to the kitchen to search for the herb. Ritsuka, began to cough, sending blood spurting on Soubi and Seimei. Soubi took the towel and wiped up Ritsuka, and then himself. He handed the towel to Seimei, who took it and wiped himself off also.

“I found it! I already made miso soup, does it have to be baked into it, what if its finely ground into the soup?”

“That’ll work.”

Kio quickly ground the herb and put it in the soup, then rushed it over to Soubi. Seimei tilted Ritsuka’s head up, so he could drink the soup, but Ritsuka wouldn’t open his mouth.

“Come on Ritsuka, open your mouth and drink, this might make all the pain go away Ritsuka.”

Soubi tried the soup once more and Ritsuka opened his mouth just enough for the soup to spill in.

“Good job Ritsuka…now keep it open so we can get the rest of the soup down okay?”

Soubi fed him the soup until the bowl was empty, and almost immediately the roots began to wither and fall off. The main plant let out a horrible screech sound and fell off, withering to a small black stick.

“It worked!”

“Hey Kio, do we have any bandages left?”

“Yes, I’ll go and get them.”

Soubi nodded and looked at Seimei.

“He’s gonna live Seimei, we saved him.”

Seimei nodded as tears of joy rolled down his face.

“When he is better, I’ll take him home, and tell my parents that I’m alive.”

“You’re gonna have to go back alone…Nii-san…”

Seimei looked down at his brother, who looked at him.

“What do you mean? We’ll go back together.”

“I wish I could go back with you Nii-san…but mom kicked me out. She said that if I come back she’d kill me…”

“You’ll come back with me and if mom wants to kill you, she’ll have to kill me first okay?”

Ritsuka laughed, then coughed, managing to cover his mouth. Soubi was once again there with a towel.

“Why is he still coughing up blood?”

“Its from his last hospital visit…he had some internal bleeding, they couldn’t fix it all, so he might be coughing up blood for the rest of his life, just always keep a towel around.”

Seimei nodded and looked at his little brother.

He’s gone through so much for me…thank you Ritsuka…

“Nii-san…”

“Yes?!”

“Septimal Moon is still alive isn’t she?”

Seimei looked away from his little brother.

“I knew it…there was more than just cutting the main root… It all seemed to easy anyways.”

“She is our problem now Ritsuka…don’t worry about it okay?”

“No Seimei…she’s my problem…"

This made everyone laugh as Soubi wrapped Ritsuka’s head.

“Thanks Soubi. Nii-san, lets go home tomorrow…after we rest up…tonight…’kay…?”

Ritsuka, went to sleep with a smile on his face, as he snuggled closer to his Nii-san’s secure, and warm body.
Sign up to rate and review this story