Categories > Anime/Manga > Loveless > Tragic Accidents

Chapter 7

by Inudork08 0 reviews

When Soubi and Seimei decid to go and look for Septimal Moon will Kio and Ritsuka be okay by themselves? Read to find out...(really exciting!)

Category: Loveless - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Kio,Ritsuka,Seimei,Soubi,Yuiko - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-02-24 - Updated: 2008-02-25 - 1578 words

0Unrated
“What do you want to do first Ritsuka?”

“I don’t know.”

“Do you know how to play cards?”

“Yes.”
“Let’s play Go Fish okay?”

Ritsuka nodded quietly then looked out the window and thought of Seimei. He hoped that he would return safely. Ritsuka looked up at Kio as he walked into the room carrying the box of cards. He doorbell rang and Ritsuka looked at the door with fear.

“Soubi probably forgot something.”

Ritsuka stared at the doorway and watched as Kio disappeared around the corner. Ritsuka let out a scream when Kio flew against the wall and fell to the floor, unconscious. Ritsuka crawled over to Kio and tried everything to wake him up.

“Kio wake up! Kio!”

Ritsuka found himself being lifted up and thrown across the room. Ritsuka coughed as he slowly got up and saw Septimal Moon grinning down at him. Ritsuka watched as she walked over too Kio and picked him up by the front of his shirt.

“No! Put him down! He didn’t do anything! Just leave him alone!”

Ritsuka screamed and Septimal Moon roughly dropped Kio onto the floor. She slowly walked over to Ritsuka and picked him up by the throat. Ritsukka dangled off of the floor as he tried to pry apart Septimal’ Moon’s grip. Kio leaped onto her back and tried desperately to choke out Septimal Moon. Septimal Moon dropped Ritsuka and began to bang Kio into a wall.

“Stop it!”

Ritsuka weakly got up and bit Septimal Moon’s arm. She screamed and Kio fell lifelessly onto the floor, groaning and wriggling in pain. Septimal Moon began to hit Ritsuka on the head, but Ritsuka refused to let go. Then Ritsuka caught a glimpse of Breathless in the doorway but still held his grip on Septimal Moon’s arm. Ritsuka let go when Breathless shot him and he fell to the floor with one last yelp of pain.

“You will never win Ritsuka. Remember that.”

Septimal Moon kicked Ritsuka then left with Breathless. Kio finally started to become conscious and looked weakly around. He pushed himself up with his arms and looked around again. He gasped when he saw Ritsuka lying there motionless in a pool of blood. Kio ignored his own pain and quickly crawled over to Ritsuka and examined his bullet wound. Ritsuka was shot in the liver he injured already.

“Oh god, Ritsuka! There’s so much blood…”

Kio quickly got up and called an ambulance.

“Hello, 911.”

“I need an ambulance! My friend’s been shot and hit severely on the head! Please hurry!”

“We’re on our way sir, just remain calm.”

Kio hung up and crawled back over to Ritsuka. Kio could hear the ambulance’s sirens as they neared the house. Soon men with two stretchers ran in and strapped Ritsuka to one and Kio to the other one.

“Sir, what happened here?”

“We were robbed and I tried to stop them, but then I went unconscious. I didn’t see what happened to Ritsuka.”

“Don’t worry, we’re going to take care of him. But sir, you have a severe injury in your hip.”

“Oh? I need to call my friends and tell them where we’ll be.”

Kio quickly grabbed his cell phone and dialed Soubi’s number.

“Here. Can you tell him? I feel…tired…”

Kio fell asleep as the guy took his phone and spoke to Soubi.

“Hello?”

“Yes, this is the hospital and your friends Ritsuka and Kio are severely injured and are now being transported to the hospital.”

“Okay we’ll be right there.”

Soubi hung up his phone and looked at Seimei who stood staring at him waiting for him to talk.

“Kio and Ritsuka are going to the hospital. They both got hurt bad. We need to go! Come on!”

Seimei and Soubi started to run towards the hospital, ignoring the people that looked at them running breathless down the street. They ran through the doors and and up to the receptionist.

“We need the rooms for Ritsuka and Kio please.”

“They’re room 208 and 209.”

“Thank you so much!”

They ran towards the elevator and hurriedly pushed the two button. The doors weren’t even opened the whole way when they ran out and hurried to find the room numbers. First they spun into Kio’s room and Kio looked up.

“How’s Ritsuka?”

Was the first thing Kio said when he saw them.

“We didn’t look yet. How are you doing Kio?”

“I’ll live. I’m so sorry though! I tried hard to protect him!”

“I know it’s okay. Just rest. We’re going to go and check on him right now. We’ll be right back okay?”

Kio nodded as he watched them leave his room. They walked quickly next door and quickly opened the door. They both froze when they saw Ritsuka’s head bandaged up and a breathing tube down his throat. His eyes were closed sadly as he breathed evenly. Then the doctor came in and looked at Seimei.

“Hello. Is this your brother?”

“Yes.”

“Your brother was shot in his liver that was already injured before. We had to dig around to get the bullet out and then stitch it up again. He’ll be in pain for a while and he’ll need to take it easy. I’ll leave you guys alone and come a back later to check on him.”

Soubi and Seimei watched as the doctor left the room. A few minutes later Kio rolled in on a wheelchair. He was pale and you could tell he was sick and not feeling well.

“What are you doing Kio?”

“I wanted to come and see him. He’s in worse condition than I am.”

Kio chuckled then clutched his left hip in pain.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah…I’ll be fine.”

Everyone was quiet as they listened to Ritsuka’s steady breathing. A soft tap on the door made everyone jump and turn their heads.

“Hi it’s Yuiko…is Ritsuka okay…I brought flowers for him and for Kio too. Yuiko found out that her friends were sick and hurt.”

Yuiko handed a bouquet of flowers to Kio who hugged her and tanked her about a hundred times. Yuiko couldn’t look at Ritsuka anymore and ran out of the room crying. Soubi came out and comforted her.

“Yuiko can’t stand to see Ritsuka like that. Its makes Yuiko sad.”

“I know, it makes us all sad, but he’ll be okay. He’s strong.”

“Yes, Yuiko knows he is strong…he will not die without saying bye to Yuiko…he won’t.”

Soubi watched as a doctor entered Ritsuka’s room.

“He doesn’t show any signs of waking up. At this point we’re not sure if he will ever wake up.”

“You mean, he’s in a coma?”

“Yes, but he could wake up from it anytime so it’s not for sure.”

“I see… What exactly happened to him, besides the liver?”

“Well he has severe head trauma, and he could’ve possibly lost some of his memory, but we won’t know until he wakes up.”

“Thank you.”

The doctor bowed and left the room. Seimei looked at his younger brother in pain, and he began to tremble. Soubi entered the room with Yuiko and went over to comfort the sad Seimei.

“I-I don’t know what I would do if he doesn’t remember me Soubi…”

“It’s okay. We’ll all have to go through it together.”

“You’re right…”

“Well, I’m going to get Kio back into his room and I’ll be staying the night in his room with him. I’m going to walk Yuiko home, she’s already scared of what might happen to Ritsuka.”

“Okay, make sure she gets home safe. You better come back safe too.”

“I will. Come on Yuiko, I’m going to walk you home.”

“Okay.”

Yuiko turned and looked at Seimei.

“I’ll be back tomorrow to see Ritsuka okay?”

“Sure.”

Seimei smiled as he watched Yuiko leave, still so full of hope, then he frowned when he looked back at his brother. He looked at all of the machines, the oxygen tank, the feeding tube, and the heart monitor. He walked over to his little brother and gently kissed him on his wrapped forehead.

“Tomorrow, I’ll call mom and dad. I’m sure they’ll want to see you…especially mom…”

Seimei smiled and as single tear rolled down his cheek. He immediately wiped it away when a nurse came in.

“Sir, do you want a few pillows and a blanket?”

“Yes please.”

“I’ll be right back then.”

“Okay.”

Seimei watched as the nurse brought in two pillows and put them on the chair by Ritsuka’s bed. Seimei sighed and sat down.

“Please wake up soon Ritsuka, and please remember who I am…”

Ritsuka’s eyes fluttered open and he looked down at Seimei who was crying as he held his hand.

Ritsuka pulled the tube out of his mouth and pulled his hand away from Seimei.

“Ritsuka?”

“Who are you?! How do you know my name?! Somebody! Help!”

Seimei slunk down in the chair as his little brother screamed at him. Soubi ran in the room and saw Ritsuka yelling at Seimei.

“No… Ritsuka calm down!”

“Who are you people?!”
Sign up to rate and review this story