Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist

All by myself

by teharahikari 2 reviews

As he ran a hand through gray streaked hair... Roy Mustang musings and a sonfic. Yaoi. Don't like don't read.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Roy Mustang - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-02-27 - Updated: 2008-02-28 - 763 words

0Unrated
Running a hand through gray streaked hair, Roy Mustang realised he was indeed getting older as the years had finally caught up with him. He sighed as he felt the wrinkles appearing on his semi smooth face. All this time had passed and yet he was still alone.

When I was young
I never needed anyone
And making love was just for fun
Those days are gone
Livin' alone
I think of all the friends I've known
When I dial the telephone
Nobody's home

He stared out the window to the cloudy sky, so much like that day when Edward made the decision to leave this world for good, along with his brother. He smiled dryly to himself as he realised what he just thought. Why was he thinking about that after all this time? He disappeared ten years ago and had been presumed dead since. Why was he even thinking about the blonde anyway? It wasn’t like he was attracted to Ed or anything. He could have any woman he wanted. And yet…

All by myself
Don't wanna be
All by myself
Anymore

He hadn’t gone a date or flirted with a beautiful woman for years… It was if something had disappeared within him. Something that he could no longer reach as if it wasn’t inside him anymore. With a start he realised he hadn’t felt it in ten years, at the same time Ed disappeared.

Hard to be sure
Sometimes I feel so insecure
And loves so distant and obscure
Remains the cure

He was in love with someone. Someone who was out of reach. Someone whose name was Edward Elric. For ten years or more he had been oblivious to the fact only now, after all this time had he just realised what he had been feeling for so long. He was such an idiot for not realising.

All by myself
Don't wanna be
All by myself
Anymore
All by myself
Don't wanna live
All by myself
Anymore

“Too little, too late” he murmured pressing his head against the cool window as rain started pouring down. Hard. Shit, he was venerable now. Why had he picked today of all days to stay at home? Because you slept in until noon a small voice in his head said as he rubbed his temples. Note to self: stop staying up all night to do research. It wasn’t helping anyone, all this research on the Gate… Then he realised he never really stopped hoping Ed was alive and still was looking for a way to bring him back.

When I was young
I never needed anyone
Making love was just for fun
Those days are gone

There was a noise behind him. Thinking it was Hawkeye, he didn’t turn around, instead opting to continue to stare out of the window. Then heard all too familiar voice behind him, albeit a little deeper and more mature but still the same. Turning around slowly he saw familiar blonde hair and piercing golden eyes. Thoughts run through his head at 200 miles an hour. No it couldn’t be… It just couldn’t be it was impossible…

Don't wanna be
All by myself
Anymore
All by myself
Don't wanna live
Oh
Don't wanna live
By myself, by myself
Anymore
By myself
Anymore
Oh
All by myself
Don't wanna live
I never, never, never
Needed anyone

“Hello Bastard” said Edward Elric standing in the door way, the smirk on his face impossibly real. He came walked closer to Roy who was still standing there frozen. It couldn’t be real, it was impossible… But the warmth radiating off the person in front of him was real and the smell… of oil and sunshine…

“Take a picture it lasts longer” Ed said as he reached Roy “You look really old did you know that?”

He was as tall as Roy now and had a light blonde stubble dusting his chin. There were smile line creasing the corners of his mouth which looked like a harsh line… suddenly Ed leaned forward and whispered “Say something bastard”

“Ed, you can’t be…’ he managed to choke out causing Ed’s smirk to grow wider. He then leaned forward and Roy felt a light pressure on his lip and a burning warmth against his body-

Jerking his eyes open, Roy sat up in his bed. It was just another dream. Another-

“You up yet asshole?”

Or not. Maybe this was his chance to be loved. He just needs to seize it.

To make it his own.
Sign up to rate and review this story