Categories > Movies > Star Wars

“Essé Seltrin, Tenth Handmaiden in the Second Class for Padmé Amidala”

by Polgarawolf 0 reviews

TITLE: “Essé Seltrin, Tenth Handmaiden in the Second Class for Padmé Amidala” PAIRING: Essé Seltrin and Rosé Ganesa, a fellow handmaiden from the following training class. RATING: Uhm, pr...

Category: Star Wars - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Amidala,Anakin,Obi-Wan,Qui-Gon - Warnings: [!!] [V] [X] [R] [?] - Published: 2008-03-02 - Updated: 2008-03-02 - 1578 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Essé Seltrin, Tenth Handmaiden in the Second Class for Padmé Amidala”


01.) Urge: All her life, she’s fought against the urge to hurt others, glorying in the sensation of being fully alive only when another is at the mercy of her compassion, and so the decision to get away from Moenia (with its misty gloom the artists all found so picturesque and captivating) and her adoptive family (none of whom quite suspect her, yet, though she gets the feeling that it is only a matter of time, if she stays) by going to Theed and getting into politics – where she would be able to control the lives of others from behind the scenes and pull strings and have that same sense of absolute power and of being truly alive, from having others at her mercy, without giving herself away to those who might see her predilections as a problem worthy of institutionalization – was a natural choice, for it allowed her a chance to quiet her inner demons while still not giving herself away (or, worse yet, be driven into doing something worthy of getting herself locked up or exiled for what others would consider her crimes).

02.) Basic: She doesn’t really look much like the girl who’s been elected Queen, other than perhaps in the most basic of senses – same slender build, though she’s a bit chestier; same heart-shaped face, though her skin is naturally more golden-hued, her eyes are a vivid blue with just the barest few stray green flecks in them rather than a plain, solid brown, her nose is not so sharply narrow, her eyebrows have an actual arch to them instead of being virtually flatly angled straight lines, and her bottom lip is a bit fuller; same dark hair, though it’s naturally straight and she’s had her hair treated so that it has some lovely golden highlights to lighten it up a bit – but then, that’s what cosmetics, dye for the eyes (since with contacts one always run the risk of untimely loss or of detection by others), hair dye from color-crawlers specifically matched to the Queen’s color, curlers if necessary (if the Queen doesn’t decide to simply keep her own hair straightened), and the identical, rather plain, form-shrouding uniforms being designed for wear by the handmaidens (as opposed to the eye-catching, distracting, mind-stunningly elaborate costumes designed for the Queen) are all for, for erasing or at least disguising and/or minimizing such differences into a softer, more complete sense of similarity among all of the handmaidens and their Queen.

03.) Smart: She’s easily smart enough to keep her predilections hidden from detection by others, even from the tests designed to catch out the “unsuitable” applicants and the judges who insist on a series of face-to-face meetings to personally check out all hopeful candidates personally, so she is not surprised, after her first meeting with Panaka and his people, to know that she’s thought to be a good choice and that Panaka himself considers her a shoe-in for one of the first two classes of potential handmaiden trainees being formed, and she is determined to keep that good opinion and secure just such a position, even after her first meeting with the Queen’s decoy and apparent premiere handmaiden, Sabé, goes rather less favorably.

04.) Sense: Thanks to Panaka’s unwavering support, she just makes it into the second group (despite vehement protestations from Sabé, who insists that she can tell that there’s something not right with her), and, though she can tell that there are at least two others in the previous group of trainees who are very much like her and would like to form an alliance with them, she walks very carefully and is sure to keep her head down, her nose clean and to the grindstone, and her mouth shut, because the sense she gets of Sabé makes her skin crawl and her stomach seize with dread, for she is fairly certain that Sabé is one who would kill without compunction to protect her own, and that she would consider Essé a threat to her Queen in need of immediate removal.

05.) Gorgeous: The Naberrie Lake House Retreat is so gorgeous and peaceful and fairly teaming with game life (to which she could do such deliciously interesting things!) that she’d be just as happy to stay there as to go back to the Palace, but they aren’t asking for any volunteers to stay to help teach the next class of handmaidens coming in for training, and she’s still trying not to call any attention to herself, so she quietly packs up her things and gets ready to go back with the others in her class.

06.) Interest: The focus of her class seems to be largely upon the green-eyed redhead who’s a first cousin of the youngest of the Queen’s primary handmaidens, but the girl – who she finds transparently good, passionately dedicated to helping others, and therefore as boring to her as the Queen herself – holds no interest for her, and so she is glad when they get a chance to meet the third class of trainees before they’re to be sent out to the villa and her attention is caught by one named Rosé, with oddly sleepy eyes that have just a hint of cruelty lurking at their backs.

07.) Serious: Everyone knows that their job has suddenly become a lot more serious and at least potentially more dangerous, since the old King was found dead in one of his hidey-holes, and everyone agrees that the Trade Federation probably had something to do with the murder, but no one aside from the five handmaidens who were already in place when the court started taking other applicants for the position of handmaiden seem to realize that their job could actually get them killed, if the Trade Federation gets serious about wanting their plasma.

08.) Target: She has no intention of making herself a target for Padmé Amidala’s sake, and she knows that those two she noticed earlier are thinking seriously about a coup attempt, but she thinks it’ll be even more dangerous to support a coup if the Trade Federation is going to take over than it will be to simply wait until the Trade Federation makes its move and then be sure to be so cooperative and helpful as to find oneself next in line for appointment to an even more powerful position, automatically, with no messy revolution (and, better yet, no personal risk from fighting) required.

09.) Chaos: When the invasion comes, she is and she isn’t expecting it, and, while surprised by the Trade Federations’s boldness, she has no real problem with taking advantage of the chaos they’ve so handily provided, using it as a cover to make her move and cement her alliance with Lietté and Roché, the ones like her in the first handmaiden class.

10.) Beautiful: It’s a beautiful thing, seeing a closet sadist blossom into full understanding of herself, and Lietté has a talent and an understanding and a need for pain that can almost rival her own, making her regret, a little, that she decided to make a bid for the cruel-eyed, seemingly never quite fully awake Rosé and let Roché simply have Lietté without trying for her herself.

11.) Indulge: If anyone had tried to tell her that her decision to become a handmaiden for the new Queen would lead her to a situation where she’d not only be able to stop hiding her peculiar predilections but actually be called upon to indulge in them, for the sake of her position at court and the continued good will of those in power, she would have instantly called for a Minder to come take the crazy away, it’s all so very unexpected and like a wondrously beautiful dream, even, in a way.

12.) Sloppy: Rosé is a little too sloppy, too off-handed, in her infliction of pain to ever make a truly good interrogator, but there’s no doubting that she enjoys what she does or that she enjoys watching Essé work, for most of their wildest couplings occur after a good long session of prisoner interrogation.

13.) Evil: She doubts her sanity, at first, when she hears that not only are there apparently still Sith living somewhere in the galaxy but that the squeamish cowards fo the Trade Federation have apparently allied with them, but there’s no doubting that the Zabrak who shows up to try to track down Naboo’s wayward Queen is purely evil . . . or that he is not overly impressed with any of them, even herself.

14.) Consideration: She doesn’t like the way Lietté and Roché have been looking at her, lately, with a cold, hard sort of weighing consideration, as if trying to decide how much more use they can get out of her, and, as an act of precaution against possible treachery, starts to make it a rule never to eat or drink anything that she hasn’t seen someone else partake of safely first.

15.) Last: Her last thought, as the darkness closes in around her and she can tell, from the intently fixed expression on Rosé’s face, that she isn’t going to stop squeezing her neck this time in time for her to recover, that she never should have forgotten or underestimated how stupidly careless certain people can be . . .
Sign up to rate and review this story