Categories > Original > Fantasy > Raccoon Legacy

Chapter 1: As Good as Gone

by Delphina 0 reviews

Keyafael and Xayle see off Gavin and Raelle.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Published: 2005-04-03 - Updated: 2005-04-04 - 303 words

0Unrated

Keyafael watched as the wolf's ears perked, and followed his gaze into the trees. It was a misty morning, but Raelle's fuchia hair was unmistakable.

"They look beat, don't they?"

Keyafael was startled by Xayle's voice, having not realized that she wasn't the only one awake. Slowly, she nodded.

"What happened to them last night?"

"Your guess is as good as mine. They seem like they have a lot of... personal business between them."

Keyafael stared. Xayle read her expression of feeling lost and alone, around strange people with strange relationships to one another. Everyone had their own problems and plans. Of course they did. Cneko had her chaos. Gavin and Raelle had their pendant or whatever it was. Xayle had whatever he had with Gaw. Keyafael had her fire. Nyetha had her homeland. Talon and Feather had their time relocation. So many different goals... so many different interests.

"This won't last. You know as well as I do." Xayle flashed a knowing smile to Keyafael. "We're going to have to split up eventually, but for now, we're helping each other as best we can. But them... they're in a much deeper situation than we even know about from the information we have. They're as good as gone."

Keyafael nodded. She closed her eyes as they approached closer, pretending to be asleep. Raelle approached, but strangely, Gavin stood a fair distance away from her, hidden in the trees. Raelle tried to lift her morning star, but again, lacked the strength to do so. Through the tiny slits Keyafael made in her eyes, she could see Xayle nod to her wordlessly, and Raelle surveying the group one last time.

"Good luck." Raelle whispered, and turned to leave.

Keyafael sat up as they vanished into the mist. "Good luck to you, too." she whispered back.
Sign up to rate and review this story