Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

The smile she keeps

by never_save_me 5 reviews

"I just want to go home," She whispered from between her hands. "Gee says it's important that you stay" Frank replied warily, not wanting to give away too much...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2008-03-10 - Updated: 2008-03-10 - 578 words

0Unrated
AN: This is an AU MCR fic, set during the My Chemical Romance of 2005. As much as I love and adore the Gerard and Lyn-Z pairing, they are not together in this. However, Gee is engaged…but to who?


Lucy stood at the bar at the kickoff concert in Ohio, tapping her foot in time to "Demolition Lovers" as she accepted a beer from the bar tender.

She knew she should keep a clear head for what needed to be done tonight, but it had been eight years, as the devil on her shoulder whispered.

Would he even recognise her? Would he be angry? She couldn’t bear it if he was going to upset with her.

She smiled as "I’m not Okay" began to echo around the room and let her eyes wander towards the stage for the first time.

The venue was filled with kids, hands down she was positive she was the oldest person here, not that anyone would guess. For some inexplicable reason the years had been kind to her.

She checked the pocket watch that hung around her neck, there was only half an hour left of the concert and she still didn’t know how she was going to get to see him. She tucked the precious pocketwatch back into her shirt and downed the last oof her beer, scanning the venue.

The two bars were to the left and right of the stage, with small doors marked STAFF ONLY to either side. The dancefloor was huge, running back to stadium seating. She had noticed outside earlier that the back area of the stage was bound off by razor wire fences.

Quickly she sidled towards the staff only doors and slipped through the left hand one as Gerard opened "Head First for Halos".


They were tired, but finally the last greetings had been made, the last signatures signed. They had stayed as long as possible, the others heading back to the bus. But finally Frank and Gerard were released by the tour manager. As tired as dogs, they turned to follow their band mates towards the tour bus.

“Gerard!” A voice called out.

Gerard tried to avoid the grimace that marred his pretty lips and turned with a smile at the ready.
Standing alone, the crowd having dissipated around her, was a young woman.

She was tall, she would've towered over Frank, though that was no mean feat.

Her hair was long, reaching her waist, and dyed black with large patches of purple throughout it. She stood in a pair of bright red tights decorated with black flaming skulls and crossbones, an almost indecently short black skirt and a plain black hoodie with thick black rimmed glasses.

Gerard felt his eyes widen, she hadn’t changed, not at all, not in 8 years.

“Lucy?”

She smiled, nervously, as though she had thought he wouldn’t recognize her. Beside him Frank blinked uncomprehendingly.

“W-what are you doing here?” Gerard suttered as he crossed to where she stood nonchalantly in her Docs, hands in the front pocket of her sweater.

“Well I figured that seeing as though you’re getting married and all…you’d want a divorce” She said in her thick British accent.



Behind them both, Frank’s eyes widened and his eyebrows shot up. Suddenly Lucy leaned around Gerard.

“Lovely to meet you Frank, I’m Lucy, Lucia Way…Gerard's wife”


AN: Let me know if I should continue with this.
Sign up to rate and review this story