Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist

Want

by shdwanna 0 reviews

"It wasn't something that he was used to." Unrequited Roy/Hughes.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Maes Hughes, Roy Mustang - Published: 2005-05-10 - Updated: 2005-05-10 - 192 words - Complete

2Insightful
It wasn't something he was used to; usually they were falling all over themselves to get to /him/, rendered incoherent with a nearly-patentable smirk. Even when he did want someone, getting them was easy. Looks, charm - even a uniform, and how they all loved a man in uniform.

It was different, here. Now. The object of his desire is happily married, with a child so adorable it makes him want to retch. One, two, and baby makes three. A perfect little life. A closed circle. And because the wanting is all tangled up in emotions, frustrating and womanish and somehow completely appropriate, guilt wraps around them all. Because he's so fucking happy/, and his wife is gentle and lovely and sweet, and absolutely fucking /ideal for him, and Roy hateshateshates her. Dull, smouldering; usually his anger is as volatile as his transmutations, but he hates her and he hates that he hates her, and all of it together is enough to make his stomach ache.

As it is aching now.

As he waves, and Roy tries to look normal as he comes over, beaming.

"I have new pictures of Alicia-chan!"
Sign up to rate and review this story