Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Moment

by youkai_girl 0 reviews

A moment in time taken from from volume 22 of the manga, after Byakuya confesses the truth about Rukia's adoption. Ichigo's thoughts on that moment. Can be considered a prequel to At Rest, with the...

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Kuchiki Byakuya,Kurosaki Ichigo - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-03-16 - Updated: 2008-03-16 - 258 words - Complete

0Unrated
Moment
by: eternalsailorsolarwind AKA youkai_girl

Disclaimer: Bleach and all of its characters are owned by Tite Kubo, his Japanese publishers, and Viz. I only write fanfics with his characters.

A/N: This short piece attacked me when I read volume 21. This specifically is taken from the panel of Ichigo right after Byakuya has told the truth about Rukia, why he adopted her, and being torn in two regarding Rukia and the law. There is (the beginnings of) a crush on Ichigo's part at the end. This could also be a considered a prequel to my Byakuya/Ichigo fic, At Rest.

Byakuya's words in italics are quoted from volume 21 of Bleach.

0o0o0o0o0o

“...I didn't know what to do. Honor the oath I made to my parents, or the promise I made to Hisana? What was I to do?” The noble paused. “Kurosaki Ichigo, I thank you.”

Lying on the ground as Inoue healed him, Ichigo smiled slightly. The disgust and hatred he had felt for the shinigami captain melted away. He understood now. Caught between such promises, struggling to find a middle ground that would allow him to satisfy both, Byakuya had been losing ground to both with every breath he took.

Ichigo could respect a man strong enough to admit his mistakes, and to ask forgiveness for them. For a moment, he was curious as to what else the poker-faced Soul Reaper was hiding from the world behind that handsome blank mask. He also wondered if there was a way to find out.
Sign up to rate and review this story