Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Savior of the Damned

Nerves Strung Tight

by crystalcrash 7 reviews

Thanks for the reviews, they mean a lot to me. Alyssa is taken care of... but not in the way Frank would like.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-03-20 - Updated: 2008-03-20 - 2598 words

2Exciting
Could it be that everything goes 'round by chance,

Or only one way that it was always meant to be?

You kill me, you always know the perfect thing to say.

I know what I should do but I just can't walk away.



Kill - Jimmy Eat World



It's funny how the world works.

One minute you could be playing a football game in the park, and the next minute in the hospital because a drunken driver hit you with his old ford on the way home after the game. You could be talking to a friend on the phone, planning what the two of you will do when he arrives at your house, and then receive a call a few minutes later from the police, informing you of a terrible car accident with you friend involved.

Life is ironic. Things happen and take you by surprise; that's where people show how strong they are. If you are able to overcome the obstacles, you'll succeed in life with flying colors. That's easy to say if your life isn't cursed like mine. Or at least that's what it seems like.

I stood perfectly still as the rest of the world seemed to rush around me. It seemed like I was on a different planet, watching down on this one. From my far away state, I saw Gerard suddenly come to life; he ran desperately to Alyssa, dropping to his knees in front of her. I watched silently as he took her dirty face in his hands and looked into her eyes. It was obvious from her facial expression as she tried to smile at him that she was in a great deal of pain. I heard Gerard tell me something without looking back; it sounded like an order, but I was too out of it to hear or care. His fucking fiance came back from the dead... here she is... sitting in alump on the floor... here she is.

"Frank!" he yelled at me desperately, waking me from my hypnotic state."Go get help, hurry! Go find the others!" He looked back at Alyssa, who was trying to speak. Gerard shushed her and told her to relax; help was on the way.

I swallowed thickly and then turned around, heading into the building. Istarted off my search walking and calling through the halls for someone, anyone. Nobody answered. It's funny how everyone seems to disappear when you need them. Life is a fucking joke.

I thought about Alyssa on the floor and how Gerard held her, not wanting her to speak so she wouldn't use up her remaining energy. How he caressed her carefully, to not cause any more harm, but having to feel her to show himself that she was real and that she was really back.

My anxiety rose the more I thought about it. I started to run and /scream/through the immense building for someone to hear me. I ran down the hallway where the training room was and saw Bob coming out of it, closing the door carefully behind him. I called his name out of breath and he narrowed his eyes at me, wondering what was wrong.

"Bob! We need help!- Alyssa- she's outside!-Gerard sent me-" I bent over trying to catch my breath. Ray rubbed my back trying to calm me.

"Whoa whoa! Take it easy. Who needs help?" he asked, bending over slightly.

Breathing heavily, I said, "Gerard - outside."

With that he ran down the hallway that would eventually lead him outside to find Gerard and... her.

I stood against the wall. My breathing was almost back to normal. Ididn't know what to do next; go outside and try to help - and watch the two lovebirds - or stay in here and sulk - and think about the two lovebirds. Ithrew my head back and covered my eyes with a hand in distress. The frustration of having no answers made me want to scream; so I did. "GOD DAMMIT!" I yelled with all my mite, clenching my fists in front of my face. I slid down the wall until I was sitting on the floor with my head on my knees. That was how Kat found me.

"Frank? Was that you yelling? What's wrong? Don't tell me your chat with Gerard didn't go well," she said, sitting next to me with her back against the wall.

I rubbed the sides of my head and laughed miserably. "It was actually going pretty well until /she /came along. People even come back from the dead down here; who knew!"

She looked at me oddly as I laughed like a lunatic. "Who?"

"Gerard's one and only, babe. The love of his life. His fiance. /Alyssa/."I sneered and said her name as if it were venom. Much to my annoyance, Kat didn't share my disgust.

With her eyes and mouth wide open, she demanded, "What?!"

"Don't ask me how, but she's back. She came limping down the lane and now she's in Gerard's arms. Isn't that romantic?" I asked sarcastically.

Still wide-eyed, Kat shot up from the ground. She ran down the same hallway I had come from, not being able to pronounce a word. I shook my head in disgust as I saw her shocked disbelief. I brought my head back up and rested it against the wall thinking about the scene that must be going on outside; hugs and tears of happiness, shouts of amazement. Nobody would question just how was it that she was supposedly dead and now she had miraculously returned. Nobody would wonder how the ruins had killed her three months ago and how she was here once again, as alive as any of us. I question it. How was it possible? It wasn't. Something was out of place here... and for once, it wasn't just me.

I looked down the hallway in both directions. I felt stupid sitting there in the middle doing nothing at all; I had to do something. I thought about going into the training room and burning off some of the stress but thought it wasn't a good idea when a good friend of theirs was obviously hurt. The second choice won: going to my room. Well, the room I shared with Gerard that was never really my room. Mine was still across the hall from his bedless.

I opened the door to the room hoping to find darkness and silence, but found the exact opposite instead. Alyssa was laying in my bed. Gerard was crouched next to her, holding her face with one hand and brushing her hair away from her face with the other while whispering consoling words that only she could hear. The way he held her reminded me of the way he held me the night I had been in the deepest and darkest pit of my life after finding out I didn't even know who I was. I clenched my teeth together as Iwatched them. /She was laying in /my /bed. /Kat came into the room with a bucket full of water and a washcloth and handed it to Aileen. She ran passed me without so much as a glance. Bob was on the opposite side of the bed of Gerard, looking over Alyssa's wounds carefully. He lifted her shirt to her chest, showing a deep cut she had above her left hip. She had cuts on her face, neck, arms and legs, but most of them were superficial wounds that would heal easily.

Nobody noticed me. I watched as Aileen started to clean her wounds ever so carefully, and how Alyssa winced in pain. I watched how Gerard's face showed the same pain as if he were the one with the cuts. Ray walked into the room then; well, he actually limped in, since he had sprained an ankle in training. He too walked into the room, rushing past me as best he could as if I were invisible.

"Does she have anything broken?" he asked Bob, who had finished checking her.

Bob shook his head in response. "Most of the cuts will heal quick enough but this one... it's pretty deep. You'll have to sew it," he said, lifting up her shirt once more to show it to Ray.

"We'll have to disinfect it first," Ray told Bob and Kat, who both nodded grimly. Kat left the room in a hurry and appeared again not two minutes later with a bottle of alcohol and a little black box. Gerard continued whispering to Alyssa, oblivious to it all.

"You'll have to get Gerard out, he never has had a stomach for this sort of thing," Ray told Kat grimly.

She nodded once more. "Frank." I looked at her surprised that I was in fact not invisible. "Help me get Gerard to your room,he probably won't listen to me." How right she was.

"No! I'm not leaving! Get the fuck off me!" He yelled and cried as we tried to drag him out of the room.

"Gerard, you don't want to see it! Ray is just going to sew her up and then you can come back in, okay? Just listen to us!" Kat tried to reason with him but it was impossible.

I lost my patience trying to be nice and convince him the sweet way."Gerard!" I yelled, making him stop moving completely and look at me questiongly. "Ray's not going to do anything until you're out of here, so just quit the fucking act and go the fuck to my room! Or do you want Alyssa to lay there suffering while you stand here yelling?"

I was a bit surprised with myself for my outburst, as was everyone, but I continued to glare at him. He stared at me, looking me up and down, thinking about what I had said. With one big huff he turned around and left the room. Kat looked at me and let out a smile of relief, following Gerard out. I went with them both, not wanting to see the medical scene.

When I entered my room, Gerard was sitting in one of the few chairs, holding the side of his face in his palm, resting his elbow on the arm rest. He didn't look at me as I entered.

"You know she'll be alright, Gerard, she's safe now," Kat told him soothingly from across the room in another chair. Gerard nodded impatiently. Istood against the wall away from the both of them. Just in that moment, we heard Alyssa let out a blood-curling scream; they had just poured alcohol on the wound. Gerard's head shot up and looked towards the door biting his lower lip.

"I thought she was dead," I muttered under my breath.

"What?" Kat asked.

I rephrased my question. "How is it she's here if the Ruins killed her?"It was apparently an insulting question because Kat looked shocked and appalled. I looked at Gerard; he was gripping his armrests and clenching his teeth, but I didn't care. I was pleased to get a reaction from him.

"Frank! She hasn't said anything yet because we don't want her to; she's too weak," Kat informed me, talking as if I were a child.

"Yeah, well, she made it all the way down here alright, didn't she?" I was going a bit overboard, but I just didn't give a shit.

"Shut the fuck up Frank. Just - don't say another word about her," he said through his teeth. He had his eyes closed and it was obvious he was trying to control himself. Alyssa screamed again.

"They probably captured her and made it look like she had died..." Kat offered, trying to make me be content with that and not ask anything else. Too bad she didn't know how stubborn I was. I wanted to piss Gerard off anyways; Iwanted him to hit me, kick me. I wanted to write my own deathwish.

"Don't you think it's weird? It's been three months! I don't know her but - the Ruins, have they ever let anyone escape before? Have they ever even taken prisoners before?"

Before I could say anything else, Gerard pushed himself off the chair and rushed at me. He stopped himself right in front of me, with his fist held in the air, about to punch me but holding himself back. I was shocked at first; it was what I had wanted, a reaction from the man of ice, but I was still surprised to get it.

Kat let out a gasp of surprise, then rushed over to us and yelled,"Gerard, get the fuck back in your chair!" He ignored her and simply stood glaring at me. I watched his jaw move from side to side as he grinded his teeth together. I smirked at him and matched his glare.

"Gerard! Look at you! What do you think you're doing!? Just, control yourself!" she yelled, tugging at his other arm. After what seemed like an eternity, he slowly lowered his arm to his side, jutting his jaw out and not taking his eyes off of me for a second. Gerard grabbed his arm away from Kat angrily.

The door opened and Ray walked in. "I'm done, guys, you can come back... what's going on in here?"

"Nothing," Gerard said out of the corner of his mouth, finally tearing his eyes away from me and taking long strides out of the room.

Giving me and Kat odd looks, Ray turned and followed Gerard.

Letting out a big sigh, Kat grabbed my hand. Rubbing it with her thumb, she said, "I'm really sorry about all of this, Frankie, I know what you must be thinking now, but you just need to leave him be. Give him some time, he really needs it, now more than ever. I know she's back but that doesn't mean anything, I mean he did say he felt something when you two-"

I pulled my hand away from her angrily and turned my back to her. She didn't give up; with two quick steps she stood facing me again while I rolled my eyes at the ceiling.

"And I know it's weird she's here again after three months, but she's my friend, she was friends of all of us. We'll ask her what happened tomorrow after she's rested, then you'll feel a bit better, okay?"

I wanted to push her away and turn my back on her again, but looking into her eyes I saw how much she really cared. She was only trying to help, and she was the only one that understood even minimally what I was going through.

Sighing, I whispered a thank you. She offered a timid smile and gave me a quick hug. Grabbing my hand, she led me out of the room and towards Gerard's room. There we found Bob, Ray, Aileen, Gerard, each of them looking worriedly at Alyssa, who was falling asleep in bed. Did I mention she was in my bed?

I'd wait until tomorrow, like Kat had said, and then I'd make sure we got some answers. I'm sure she has an incredible story to tell...







Well then, not much is cleared up in this chapter. Actually, nothing is. But in the next one Alyssa will tell them all about her great escape, don't worry.

Anyone here like Jimmy Eat World? I love them, and the song at the beginning is beautiful. At least to me it is.

Rate and review. I'll be waiting for them ;) Thanks for reading!

< 3333333
Sign up to rate and review this story