Categories > Original > Fantasy > Searching

The Dragon Slayer

by darkhanyougrl 0 reviews

Sixteen year old rachel is on a misson. Her and her three best friends are trying to find out who rachels paretns are, and if they know anything about what the four girls are. But will they be able...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-02-10 - Updated: 2006-02-10 - 819 words

0Unrated
chapter 3

Rachel sighed as she walked down the deserted street. It was right after school so people were either at work or picking up their kids. she was on her way to pick up maddie then take her soccer practice. Normally she wouldnt go anywhere without abby, val or kelly, neither did they. It was like a rule they had. but kelly had a dentist appointment and val went with her, abby was showing zach around. Rachel didnt trust him and she didnt think that abby should be alone with him.

"but who am I to tell her what to do." she said to herself "i aint her mother."

"You know talking to yourself is the first sign of craziness" rachel jumped nearly five feet in suprise and turned around. there was a little boy looking up at her and lughing. He had dark black hair and hazel eyes. His eyes looked familiar, she stood there for a minute trying to figure out if she had ever seen him before.

"what do you want kid" she turned back around and continued walking stuffing her hands in her pockets.

"nothing you just look lonely so i figured i'd walk with you, how old are you"

"fifteen"

"im ten, my names logan, whats yours"

"rachel" she rolled her eyes then smiled when she saw maddie walk around the corner and wave.

"i used to have a sister named rachel, but i never met her, my mom said she died 6 months before i was born. my mom and dad dont talk about her much though, im not sure why."

"mm-hm thats great, hurry up maddie were gonna be late." maddie ran the rest of the way and gave rachel a big hug.

"hi im logan, whats your name." logan said politly after we started walking across the street toward the park.

"I'm maddie, are you a soccer player." Rachel looked down and noticed that logan was wearing a blue soccer uniform, the same color as maddie's.

"yeah im going to soccer practice."

"cool so am i, i think were on the same team cause thats my color too." she pulled her blue soccer uniform out of her back pack.

"hey we are on the same team, isnt that cool rachel"logan said smiling.

"yes its amazing, go change into your uniform maddie. I'll wait here, hurry up." they were at the park restrooms a couple feet away from the soccer field. rachel sighed and leaned on the wall next to the bathroom door closing her eyes. A couple of seconds later she opened her eyes to see logan staring at her.

"what"

"you look familiar"

Rachel sighed and shook her head slightly when she caught a glimpse of something red on logan. At first she thought it must've been her imagination because he was in all blue and black, then she saw it again. On the inside of his right arm which he was swinging back and forth. Quickly she grabbed his arm and turned it so she could what is was. Her breath caught in her throat when she recognized the mark, she had seen it three times before. A red diamond. He was a dragon slayer.

'wait he doesnt act like any dragon slayer i've seen. He acts acts like any normal ten year old kid. Exept hes lot more annoying.' she thought

"what are you doing " he said trying to pull his arm back.

"i like your tattoo, where'd you get it." she asked trying to relax. She was suddenly very aware of the exposed dragon mark on her arm. She let go of him.

"its not a tatto" he said rubbing his now bruised wrist. "its a mark, i dont know what it means though. I got it a couple of weeks ago before my dad went out of town.I showed him, he said that i matured early and that he would explain everything when he gets back."

"when does he get back" she said silently cursing maddie for taking so long.

"tomorrow" the bathroom door opened almost hitting rachel in the head and maddie came out dressed.

"im ready" she said handing her backpack to rachel. "are you picking me up"

"no mom is, have fun okay bye" she said distractly staring at logan. Finally she looked away and kissed maddies forehead. She watched maddie run off toward the field waving back at her. Logan was about to follow but rachel stopped him.

"listen whe you find out what that mark means just remember somethingokay, remember that we have feelings, we have families, friends. We love and we have hate, we are pretty much just like normal people, most of us are good, but theres always goiong to be a bad one. In a way were just like you" with that she turned around and started walking home leaving a very confused ten year old behind.
Sign up to rate and review this story