Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist

Words We Couldn't Say

by KouenTaisa 1 review

Words. It's how we express ourselves. How we learn, grow, and teach.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Edward Elric,Roy Mustang - Published: 2008-03-24 - Updated: 2008-03-24 - 215 words - Complete

0Unrated
Words We Couldn’t Say

“We couldn't say them
So now we just pray them
Words that we couldn't say” - Steve Conte ~ Words We Couldn’t Say


Words. It’s how we express ourselves. How we learn, grow, and teach. Without words, not much could be said about humanity. In fact, nothing could be said at all. So why do we find it so extremely difficult to express how we feel in words? People always have regrets, even if they beg to differ.

Roy Mustang was one of those people with regrets. He regretted being unable to save his best friend. He regretted the pain that his subordinates shouldered, all so that they could stand beside him. So they could fight for the cause he was pushing. He regretted many things.

His biggest regret, however, could have been that young Elysia had to grow up without a father. Or… it could be that watching Edward disappear off into the sunset, he had remained silent. There had been so much to say.

So very much, but watching the blonde walk away, Roy couldn’t say it. Even the feeling of urgency that pulled at him was useless. He just bit his tongue and remained quiet… and watched the best piece of his life get away.
Sign up to rate and review this story