Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Forget-Me-Not

by BreakingDawn 3 reviews

After Frank dies following a unexplained illness, Gerard is lost in grief and disbelief. When he begins see Frank's spirit, he is left doubting his own sanity and questioning everything he ever bel...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-03-26 - Updated: 2008-03-26 - 384 words

0Unrated
"Are you afraid to die?"

Frank looked up from the book he was reading and frowned at me. "That's a weird question, Gee. Are you having one of your 'Casually deep' moments?"

"No, I was just wondering...It just came into my head." I was lying. I wasn't even entirely sure myself why I'd brought up this topic of conversation. "I used to be terrified when I was younger, I'm not so sure anymore."

Frank threw me a curious look. "I would have thought that you would be the sort of person to take the idea of death in their stride...Considering you know, all the concept albums about the afterlife...What is there to be scared about? I mean, either you die and aren't aware of anything, which means it wouldn't matter anyway, or you fly off to some better place in the clouds and spend eternity in paradise."

"What about Hell?"

"Hell's for the bad guys. Or if our God is the sort of God that would throw someone into Hell just for one little fuck-up, then to be honest, I'm not sure if I'd want to spend eternity with him anyway."

I looked at Frank for a moment, thinking. I had an odd feeling of unease, I don't know what about. For some reason, I felt like I needed to be reassured that there was nothing to fear. I felt...odd. Like there was something I'd forgotten, something that had slipped my mind. "I think you'd go to Heaven."

It was a strange thing to say. I've never believed in Heaven or Hell, or higher powers. But I felt like it needed to be said. Like it was so important, that if I didn't say it something terrible would happen.

He looked up from his book again and blinked, his eyes wide, suprised. "I think you'd got to Heaven, too." he said, confused, clearly not sure were this conversation was going.

I didn't say anything else, I didn't realise then that this conversation would be come back to haunt me later. It was after everything that I realised this conversation was the start of it all, the start of the chain of events and fate that would change anything and leave me believing I'd already slipped into the nightmare of Hell.
Sign up to rate and review this story