Categories > Original > Romance

Laps

by sweethatred 0 reviews

swimming strokes

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-03-28 - Updated: 2008-03-28 - 666 words - Complete

0Unrated
5:10 pm. Their class was over.
He went in the water and wore his goggles, swimming to the end of the pool.

5:10 pm. Their class was over.
She swam to the edge and was about to pull herself up, but stopped.
And waited, her heart pounding.
She was already done slowing her heart down after her class, but he had to surprise her.
'Damn that boy,' she thought, mentally cursing him for ruining the rhythm of her already stable pulse.

She waited until her classmates were in the showers, and swam to his end, thanking god that he was a varsity swimmer who took his sport so seriously that he would spend time after class to practice.

He stopped in the middle of his butterfly stroke when he saw her approach him. Again, he was surprised.
'Must she always show up without warning?' he thought, smiling and shaking his head.

She didn't know him and he didn't know her. But she knew enough, he knew enough, and when they see the other, they see possibilities.

When she reached his end, she looked at him through her goggles and he looked at her through his. Silently, they agreed to race across the length of the pool.

She laughed, knowing that his precise strokes combined with his tall and powerful body would make him finish first. She still wanted to do it anyway.

He smiled, impressed by her willingness to do the impossible and amused that she would bother trying. He knew he could easily beat her. Nevertheless, he took her on.

With a nod of the head, they swam.

And just like both had predicted, he got to the other side first. What neither predicted however, was that she would not touch the wall, but his chest blocking it.

Abruptly, she stopped, and took off her goggles. He did the same, and she was rendered speechless. He had beautiful eyes. They seemed like the kind that could talk for him with just one look.

And right now they are saying one thing.

Without looking at him or the lifeguard on duty, she got up and walked to the girls' locker room. He smirked and closed his eyes.

He waited for a few minutes before getting up. Silently, he walked to the boys' locker room, but on the way there, he knocked at the door across it.

One knock.

Inside, he leaned on the wall opposite the door, crossed his arms, and waited.
The door opened and she came in, walking straight for him.
She smirked at him and he smirked back.

"Hello, stranger," he said, eyes twinkling.
"Hello to you too," she replied. Biting her lip, she took one more step and looked up at him.

'Damn, he's tall,' she thought, silently celebrating.
'Damn, she's tall,' he thought, silently amazed that they matched quite perfectly.
The difference was three inches, which was just right.

He wondered, mentally scratching his chin. Tilting his head down, he was surprised to find that they indeed matched perfectly.

She gasped as his lips touched hers.
'What the...' she started to think, but didn't get to complete the thought because he was doing an awfully good job of distracting her.

And she was awfully good at being distracted.

His chest was impossibly hard against hers, since at one point, he pulled and held her to him by the small of her back. So, she was completely crushed against him. Not that she was complaining. Nope, she was perfectly fine not breathing. She was very, very fine, actually. Just fine with the unabashed desire coming from them both.

6:10 pm. Their breaths were slowing.
Hands detaching themselves from each other, they smirked with matching flushes, bruises, and swollen lips. She sauntered away from him and to her shower stall in the other room that was waiting for her to enter.

He smirked, knowing that he would never look at locker rooms the same way again.
Or Tuesday classes at 5:10 pm.
Sign up to rate and review this story