Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > .::Highschool Never Ends::.

Highschool Never Ends (ch.1)

by Fueled_By_Katherine 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2008-04-03 - Updated: 2008-05-19 - 932 words

0Unrated
“Adriana…..Adriana!”

“Hmm” I stirred.

“Would you answer the question?”

“What? Oh right, 73.” Oh boy I hope I’m lucky.

The class erupted into laughter at a hidden joke. I had a feeling it was on me.

“You’re so far off it’s actually hilarious! Adriana if you had been paying any attention and taking notes like the rest of the class instead of asleep, you wouldn’t be in this situation would you! Now the question I asked you was: what is the name of the electrons needed to complete an outer shell.”

“Oh sorry about that Miss Martinez, the electrons are called Valence Electrons, and in order for the element to have that full outer shell, they need 8.”

“Finally you’re making sense, but I’m afraid three strikes your out. That’s the third time you have fallen asleep in class, and that calls for detention, please see me after class.” She sighed and turned her to face her chalkboard.The class sent out hollers, and ashamed I put my head down. The bell rang letting out 5th period and as soon as the class had emptied I walked hesitantly to Miss Martinez’s desk. She rapped her fingers on her desk impatiently as I pulled up a chair. I hope this ends quickly, this is cutting into my lunch break.

“Well?” she said.

“Well what.”

“Don’t I deserve an apology from you?”

“I already apologized, what more do you want?”

“Adriana what’s going on with you? Your falling asleep in class all the time and now the attitude? Is there something going on you want to talk to me about, because I’m going to need a decent reason to why I shouldn’t write you up right now.”

“Stop pretending you know there is something wrong with me, when you don’t. You don’t know anything about me, there is nothing going on and nothing is wrong with me!”

“Alright then. I expect to see you after school for 2 hours-”

“WHAT?! I have a life you know!” I’m an idiot…

“2 ½ hours, you will be doing everything from scrubbing my desks to making that blackboard shine. I want you here within 20 minutes after dismissal, or you will receive ISS. Am I clear?”

“Crystal. Now can I go, I’m missing the only social time that I have in this frickin school.”

“You may leave. I hope you learn your lesson after this afternoon.”

I cursed under my breath as I exited the class room. I began sprinting to the cafeteria. Walking through the double doors, I went straight to “our” lunch table. There sat my best friends.

“Drea! What happened, we thought you ditched us.” Patrick questioned immediately as I took a seat between him and Joe, who was passed out snoring slightly. I swung my legs over him to face everyone at the table, but three were missing.

“Maniac Martinez caught me snoozing again; I’m stuck at detention for 2 ½ hours after school! What the heck man, I mean seriously, I think she is out to get me!”

“Don’t be ridiculous, you probably were just smart-mouthing her, am I right?”

“You’re always right Trick, where is Pete, Andy, and Kendra?” But my question was immediately answered when a pair of arms grabbed me around the waist and gave me a hug and squeezed me. His smell was always unmistakably good and I loved it.

“Hey Pete.”

“Hey, sorry guys, the lunch line took forever, so we just asked for a whole pizza.” He laughed.

“PIZZA! Hell yeah! Gimme some!” Joe shot up immediately. We al broke out in laughter as Andy put the tray at the center of the table.

“So Drea, I heard about what happened in Martinez’s class,” giggled Kendra, the only other girl in our circle of friends, or family as we preferred to call it. “73 huh?”

“Do I wanna know what you’re talking about?”Asked Pete after finishing off a slice of pizza.

“No actually, I’d rather not live through my stupidity again, its something I prefer to forget” I replied, my blush beginning to show. “But I will tell you guys this, boy am I glad it’s Friday,” everyone nodded in agreement “so after detention later,” I pretended to gag “how about I have a movie night at my house at 7, my parents are leaving outta town until Sunday morning.”

“Sure, I will bring the popcorn” smiled Joe.

Everyone agreed to going. I smiled and took a bite out of my pizza. Then my pocket began to vibrate. I reached down and pulled out my phone to read the text message. It was from Trick and it read:

Drea, I need to talk to you after school about something I would tell you in English, but it might take a while, so can I give you a ride home from detention?

I smiled and looked over at him. He was looking at Kendra and then looked up at me. I nodded to him and then the bell announcing the end of lunch rang. We all rose to our feet and exchanged hugs. Pete came up, gave me a hug and swung me around. My heart skipped a beat whenever we embraced, and I mentally slapped myself to refocus. Everyone then parted their own ways, but our eyes lingered a few moments longer on each other. Patrick and I walked off to English together quietly, he smiled and me, but when I asked him about it, he shrugged it off and laughed.
Sign up to rate and review this story