Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Early Sunsets

Solitude - X

by frankxgerard 0 reviews

The water rushed down the drain, dark and clotted with soil and other stuff he didn’t really want to know the origin of.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Horror,Sci-fi - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2008-04-05 - Updated: 2008-04-05 - 356 words

0Unrated
Gerard sat up on his sinking mattress, tugging the sheets to his waist, and pulled out an open shoebox from underneath, staring at Alyssa’s death certificate and his other possessions. He had held it in his mouth while in other forms so he didn’t lose it.
His fingers lingered over the box for a second before he pushed it back under, wiping his face and standing up. His old paratrooper boots clunked against the metal floors so he kicked them off, wondering why he had even put them on to sleep in them, and stepped barefoot over the grates, wincing when his skin was pinched in the little holes as he walked. He hadn’t done much after he’d gotten back the day before except sleep. The house was silent; it was completely silent this time. Gerard slipped into the bathroom and stripped off his shirt and the brace, turning on the tap.
Freezing water ran down his spine and he sighed, leaning against the tiles. His body didn’t feel the temperature too badly; he had turned himself off to it over time. He rinsed the dirt and blood caked at his knuckles from his gloves and the grime all over his body. The water rushed down the drain, dark and clotted with soil and other stuff he didn’t really want to know the origin of.
He was lucky to have a shower, being in a city where humans had not at least tried to repopulate, but he knew that was completely out of the question. It wasn’t easy, but he managed it. It rained a lot where he currently lived, so he had built a water purifier that cleaned gallons of rainwater every month. He had built it along with the solar power generator that inconsistently powered his house back when he was younger and had more hope for himself. He hardly had any anymore.
Gerard toweled himself off and redressed, slipping his jacket on and sniffling a little. He stepped outside and trudged down the broken street to the old grocery store to look for any surviving supplies.
Sign up to rate and review this story