Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Eyes On You

by Great_Writer_Sarah 0 reviews

Even when the world was falling apart around their feet, Kira couldn't keep his eyes off his captain. Written for bleach_contest at LJ (week 4 - distract).

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Ichimaru Gin - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2008-04-05 - Updated: 2008-04-06 - 286 words - Complete

2Ambiance
In the darkened hallways of Seireitei, Ichimaru's voice lingered in the air. "Izuru," he called out, lazily twirling the sleeves of his hakama around his fingers. No matter how loud or soft his voice, Kira would come to his side. Always.

'Your captain is a traitor, Izuru. What are you going to do about it?'

It was Gin's eyes that caught Kira's attention the most. Sly like a fox, yet infinite in their depth. Even with a simple glance, a stirring look, Gin seemed to be looking inside and through his vice-captain every time. The eyes that held him, captivated Kira at all times: squad meetings, sparring matches, acts of love underneath the moonlight.

'Even now, will you heed his call?'

Kira's footsteps echoed through the white-washed walls. He didn't hear the other man until it was too late. He felt one hand at the small of his back, and watched the other cover his eyes.

A smooth voice in his ear: "I don't remember callin' your name, Izuru-san."

The blond vice-captain managed a small smile. His old comrade didn't need to say his name aloud anymore. He had always known he was needed.

As Gin wrapped his arm around Kira's shoulder and began leading him to his private quarters, Kira admonished himself quietly for feeling so guilty. After all, this was his captain, the man he had pledged eternal loyalty to. The man who acted as his conscience, even if sarcastically.

"Once again, Izuru-san, you have distracted me from my work."

Their eyes locked. Kira knew that after this act he would awaken from a deep slumber to find himself alone, and he would return to Soul Society once again without his captain.
Sign up to rate and review this story