Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > We Must Reinvent Love

We Must Reinvent Love

by Music_Is_Love 0 reviews

Sarah is fed-up with her boring job and her boring life in LA, so she ships off to Las Vegas for some excitement.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-04-07 - Updated: 2008-04-08 - 559 words

0Unrated
Sitting at her desk, spinning slowly in her computer chair, the mousy, wavy haired brunette sighed. She stopped and rested her elbow on the desk, propping her head up in her hand, causing her glasses to go askew over her deep, almost liqueur coloured eyes . Sarah, the twenty-one-year-old receptionist of Gold’s law firm in Los Angeles. She’d been working there for nearly three years- since she’d graduated high school. With her free hand, she moved her hand to the mouse, her screen saver disappearing. She was thinking of taking a vacation, but she didn’t know where to. She just needed a change of scenery, desperately. She opened the internet and looked up travelling sites.
Maybe I won’t come back, she thought, maybe I’ll run away to New York City or something. She laughed lightly and closed the site. As she opened the next one, a pop-up caught her attention.

Sick of your life? Looking for something fresh? Something exciting?!
“Isn’t everyone?” Sarah mumbled.

Take an exhilarating vacation in Las Vegas, the city that never sleeps.

Sarah’s eyes widened and she grinned. That was how she would escape. Maybe running away wasn’t such a bad idea. What did she have to lose? She had nothing there for her. She closed the internet and raised a hand to her mouth quickly, thinking. She’d never done anything spontaneous before, maybe it was about time. She nodded, deciding, and stood up. Planning everything out in advance had done nothing but made her life boring and predictable. She needed this. She looked around the room for a second, then stalked across the room, picking up a box sitting between an old, ugly brown filing cabinet and a fake plant. Back to the desk, she began emptying out her belongings, little there were, into the box. She turned the computer off and walked over to her employer, Doug Gold’s office, and knocked lightly. She hoped he wouldn’t be too angry.
“Come in.” his gruff voice called. She opened the door slowly, peeking in.
“Sir,” she began nervously, “I-I’m quitting.”
He turned to face her from behind his desk, looking bored.
“Alright, if that’s what you want. It’s a shame to lose you Janie.”
“It’s Sarah.”
“What was that?”
“Nothing. Goodbye, sir.” Sarah left the office smiling, and took the elevator down to the parkade. Placing the box in the back seat of her rust, old, red Volkswagen beetle, she wondered if she was doing the right thing. Just up and leaving to Las Vegas was a risky step to take, especially for someone who lived on predictability, like herself. She shook her head and got in the front, buckling her seatbelt. She couldn’t, scratch that, wouldn’t back out of this. Since high school, she’d lived a nearly pointless existence and she needed to change. She started the car and pulled out, driving out of the underground parkade, into the bright afternoon sunshine.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys, thanks to anyone who reads this. This is my first Panic! fanfiction (I know they dropped the ! but I'm KEEPING it. lol) and I really hope it turns out well. Please Review, it really means the world to me. Even a "good job" helps keep writers alive. :). Love love, more soon.
Sign up to rate and review this story