Categories > Celebrities > The Used > It's Our Time To Shine

Just A Little

by QuitLollygaggin 1 review

Jepha's sleep deprived.(Not really good, kind of a filler. This will get better I promise.)

Category: The Used - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-04-11 - Updated: 2008-04-11 - 1056 words - Complete

0Unrated
I let my body fall backwards onto the hotel bed. I put my hands underneath my head and looked around the dimly lit room; the only light came from a street lamp outside. I turned my head to face Quinn’s bed. He laid tangled in the sheets, snoring softly. I took off my hoodie and tossed it on the floor. I pulled back the uncomfortable hotel blankets, you would think I was used to them by now, and climbed underneath them.
I decided to attempt going to sleep. I needed sleep. The last few nights I haven’t slept that much. I turned on my side and pulled the blankets close around me. I shut my eyes and took a shot at sleeping. I tossed and turned for what seemed like forever. Sleep didn’t seem to find its way to me. I got frustrated and threw back the blankets. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. This was not good.
I reached over onto the bedside table and picked up my phone. I had one text from Brandon.
Uhh hey?
I re-read the text a few times. Did he not want to talk to me? We aren’t mad at each other; at least I don’t think we are. Brandon leaving the band was a mutual decision. The band as a whole, including him, came to the conclusion it was for the best.
How have you been? I texted back and put my phone back on the table. I looked around the room for Quinn’s acoustic guitar.
I wanted to play an instrument, and my bass was on the bus. I missed playing guitar. I never really played after I joined the Used. Maybe here and there, but only because Quinn’s was usually lying around. I saw it propped against a wall by Quinn’s bed; it was never out of reach of him.
I got up and went to get it. I picked it up and cradled it in my arms. Quinn moved around a bit. I slowly walked towards the door to leave. I turned the doorknob and opened the door as quietly as I could.
“Jepha?” Quinn called out sleepily.
“Yeah, I’ll be back in a little bit.” I told him.
“Have you seen my guitar?” He asked. God that kid doesn’t miss a beat. How’d he know it was missing? I know I’m not all that coordinate when I just wake up.
“Uhh, I have it.” I replied honestly. I heard him move around a little more, then his feet hit the ground softly and it sounded like he was heading my way. He turned on a light and stood in front of me. All he had on was boxers and socks. He had a phone in his one hand. He yawned and rubbed his eyes with his hand. “Is that okay?”
“Sure. Where are you going to play?” He asked. He stretched his arms above his head and yawned again.
“I don’t know.” I replied. He opened his mouth to say something, but before he said anything, he closed his mouth. He extended his arm holding the phone out to me. Then I realized the phone was mine.
“It was vibrating, that’s why I got up.” He explained, handing it to me.
“I’m sorry. I should have grabbed it.” Quinn just shrugged and yawned yet again.
“You’re talking to Brandon?” He asked. I looked at my phone; the screen clearly stated ‘One New Message from Brandon’. I couldn’t blame him for snooping or anything.
“Well I texted him earlier.” I replied. “He didn’t seem like he wanted to talk to me anyways.” I slid my phone open and read the text.
Living the life.
“I guess he’s doing well.” I said shutting my phone.
“What’d he say?”
“He’s ‘living the life.’” I said telling Quinn exactly what Brandon texted me.
“I bet.” Quinn smirked.
“I’m sure he really is.” I said.
“Yeah, I’m sure.” Quinn laughed.
“I’m going.” I said and opened the door.
“Be careful with my baby!” Quinn called after me.
I closed the door and looked up and down the hallway. I didn’t know where I was going. I faced Bert and Dan’s room. Dan was lying in the middle of the floor, sleeping. Why didn’t I notice him before? I bent down and shook him gently. He opened his eyes and sat up quickly.
“What in the world are you doing?” I asked. He stood up and smoothed out his clothes.
“Bert is crazy.” He stated. I laughed and nodded my head in agreement.
“What happened?”
“He was drinking, and then he started being a jerk. So I left.” Dan informed me.
“You should have came to our room.” I told him.
“It seemed really quiet; I figured you guys were sleeping.” I laughed when he said he figured we were sleeping. Well Quinn was actually sleeping.
“Believe me, I am far from sleep.”
“Are you playing?” He asked pointing to Quinn’s guitar.
“I need something to do.” I replied.
“Can I come with you?”
“Sure.”
“Let me go grab my phone and stuff. Meet you downstairs in the lobby?”
“Okay.” I said and headed to the elevator. I pressed the down button and it immediately opened. I got on and rode down to the lobby. I got off the elevator and sat on one the lobby couches. I pulled out my phone and texted Brandon back.
Good to hear.
I propped the guitar on my lap and began strum a little bit. I wasn’t really playing anything in particular, just a few random strings here and there. I started playing ‘Just a Little.’ an oldie but most definitely a goodie. I remember when we first recorded it; we had no idea what we were going to do with it. Nobody really liked it that much. I actually liked it a lot.
I watched Dan step off the elevator and head my way. He sat down on the empty spot next to me and sighed.
“I feel like an insomniac.” He joked.
“Okay Tyler Durden.” I laughed. I continued to play the guitar. Dan sat quietly, just listening to me play.
Sign up to rate and review this story