Categories > Original > Romance

Lyrics

by sweethatred 0 reviews

so close

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-04-11 - Updated: 2008-04-12 - 549 words - Complete

0Unrated
He got up from his seat at the back of the classroom and walked out. He was sick of the professor’s irritatingly high voice droning on and on about the sociological perspective, so he decided that a little silence was in order.

There were seats outside the room, so he sat and leaned back, enjoying the lack of sound. Sighing, he made himself as comfortable as he could in the hard, plastic chair. To him, he had all the time in the world, even though in reality, he only had the next twenty minutes of class time.

She got up from her seat at the back of the classroom and walked out, desperate to escape boredom. She planned to seek refuge in the girls’ bathroom, but caught sight of him right outside the door.

She knew what he could be, the moment she saw him outside their classroom on the first day of classes. Her friends had been interested in his handsome friend, but she took notice of him, he who stood silently beside the golden boy.

He had closed his eyes, but she knew he wasn’t asleep. When she sat beside him, he smiled and hummed a tune.

“You’re in my arms
And all the world is gone
The music playing on
For only two
So close together
And when I’m with you
So close to feeling alive”

She smirked at his choice of song, but sang along. He had told her to watch Enchanted just the day before, and he had made her listen to So Close on his iPod. He had sung along with his eyes closed and with feeling, and his deep voice had her melted in her seat. It was a good thing he was too caught up in singing to notice the puddle he had made of her.

“A life goes by
Romantic dreams must die
So I bid mine goodbye
And never knew
So close was waiting,
Waiting here with you
And now, forever I know
All that I want is to hold you
So close”

She had closed her eyes as well, and both were smiling as they sang the twenty minutes of forever away.

“So close to reaching
That famous happy ending
Almost believing
This one’s not pretend
Now you’re beside me
And look how far we’ve come
So far, we are... so close”

When the bell rang, he stood up and bowed.

“Care to dance?” He had a mischievous glint in his eye when he offered his hand. She curtsied and tried to stifle her laughter, putting her hand in his.

And they danced, with his voice providing the music. He held her close and led her around the floor, past the many classrooms that were currently being vacated. He apparently didn’t care, for he wore a silly grin on his face as he manoeuvred around students on their way to their next class. She couldn’t stop her laughter; she was embarrassed of how they were behaving. And yet she loved it.

They weren’t friends. So far, they had one song in common, but one song was enough. When they finished dancing to their song, the hallway was empty and they were late for their next class. Neither cared.
Sign up to rate and review this story