Categories > Original > Fantasy > I'm So Far Gone Now

Chapter 3: Not Sure...

by XXJellieXX 0 reviews

Becca goes to school only to find that Damien is missing. She begins to question her feelings for him, and when he shows up at her house after school, she's not sure what to think anymoe!

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-04-20 - Updated: 2008-04-20 - 1240 words

0Unrated
Sorry this took forever. I've been really busy with school things here, especially in Spanish. So here is chapter 3! Hope you enjoy!

I was floating.

Wait, floating?

I looked around, trying to see past the darkness that surrounded me, to realize that I was really seriously floating.

“I must be dreaming.”

My words echoed, hitting me like a gust of wind, almost as if I were outside, the icy wind froze me over, yet there was an ominous feel to it.

That couldn’t be my voice...Could it? I worried, afraid to even open my mouth. I didn’t know why, but this, being in a dark, cold, room, scared me so much.

Of course it only got worse.

There was a soft tingle in my left arm, so I disregarded it, I needed to find a way out of the creepy dark room. Small tingles did not matter. Soon, the soft tingle turned into a dull throb. This caught my attention, but I wanted to find a way out of the prison of darkness I floated in more than tend to a dull throb.

Then, there was blood.

I watched as my arm was covered in my own blood, the dull throb turning into a horrible, burning sensation that pulled a scream out of my throat.


“Becca! Are you OK?!”


I shot up to greet the darkness of my living room, mother dearest staring at me, almost worriedly.

“Becca, sweety, are you OK?” She asked, the normal dead tone in her voice mixed with worry, a tone I almost didn’t recognize coming from my own mother.

“Yeah, yeah, it was just a nightmare.” I sighed shakily, inspecting my left arm as I said it. It had felt so real, how was I not covered in blood?

“Are you sure you don’t wanna sleep in your room?” My mother asked, back to her emotionless way of speaking.

I looked around. Where was Damien? He was there, being creepy nice again, when I fell asleep..right?

“What are you looking for?” She asked, facing away from me.

“Nothing.” I answered, not as interested in her actions as I should have been. Blaming my lack of a good night’s sleep, I trudged up the stairs, on my way to my room.

~~~


Friday. I thought a few days after the incident, walking into lunch.

The few days after that day Damien came to my house, I almost thought of it as a hallucination. I wouldn’t have been the first time.

We’d barely said anything to each other, and it was bothering me, and that day, I observed as I walked into the cafeteria with Sam and Jayson, he wasn’t even at school! I sighed and took my seat next to Jayson.

Sam zoned, most likely checking Tyler DeMason out. Which he did everyday. Jayson was even starting to pick up on it.

“Have you noticed the bizarre behavior from Sam?” She whispered.

I nodded, but didn’t answer. I couldn’t place it, but I was not feeling well. All through lunch, I said nothing. All I did was look longingly at the table where Damien should be.

“What’s wrong with you?” Sam asked, ignoring questions from Jayson.

I shook my head, telling him nothing was wrong, and even though he turned away, he did not seem convinced.

The rest of my day went by slowly, especially fifth period. I didn’t even listen to the lecture I was so wrapped up in daydreaming about who should have been in the seat next to me.

Am I crushing on him? I asked myself as I walked into my house.

“I’m pathetic.” I whispered to myself, grabbing a granola bar out of the cupboard. I checked the answering machine (A precaution my mom wanted me to take); there was nothing.

“I thought you’d never get home.”

I jumped as the velvety voice I would be always be able to recognize sounded in my ear. For a second, I thought I was going crazy, but the arms that locked around me when I fell backwards told me otherwise.

“You should be more careful.”

“Damien.” I whispered. A moment of being in his arms, and it clicked that he was in my house. “What are you doing here!?” I pulled myself out of his arm, although I could have stayed like that all day, honestly.

He smiled, “That’s a story for another day.”

I stared at him for a few minutes, taking in the words that he’d said, not fully understanding what he was getting at.

“What?”

He was in front of me, his strong arms around my waist, pulling me closer. My heart beat so fast, I feared it might burst through my chest. He smirked, apparently noticing my crazy heartbeat. I flushed, trying to look away to hide my tomato red face.

He would have none of that.

He grabbed my chin and lifted my face to look him in the eyes.

RING! RING!

House phone. I thought, not moving all though I knew I should get it.

He kept his beautiful eyes locked on mine, neither of us saying anything; the only noise being the phone ringing. I was so lost, I couldn’t even hear who was leaving a message.

“You’re very cute when you blush.” He whispered, breaking the silence between us. It sounded like someone was saving me from something, like a huge rescue I wasn’t aware I needed until that moment.

His face moved closer, so close I could smell his vanilla and strawberry breath. It was my favorite scent, his scent.



“You have one message.”

I jumped, my head hitting the wall behind me. I looked around my kitchen, the granola bar crumpled in my clenched fists.

Was it a dream?

It felt so real, I wasn’t sure what to feel. All I knew was that my heart wouldn’t slow down, my pulse thudding in my ears was giving me a headache.

I quickly found that one thing in my dream was absolutely real. The red light on the answering machine was blinking brightly in the dim light of my house. I pressed the button. A moment into the message and I couldn’t move:

My dear Becca. I’d hoped you’d be brave and answer the phone instead of hiding from me. I guess it can’t be helped. I just wanted to remind you that next Saturday you’ll be coming to visit me, since the cops found nothing. I’ve been thinking about taking custody of your disobedient ass, but I’m not sure I could take you away from your whore of a mother. Anyway, I’ll talk to you in a week.

I wanted to puke. He wanted to do what!? Another custody battle!? He must have been insane if he thought for one second that I would stay with him.

I didn’t know what to do. I just wanted to crawl into a hole and disappear. Then I thought about Damien, and his surprisingly cold arms around me, and decided that I couldn’t live without that. I’d have to make it real.

Great, work.



This was short, and I'm sorry for that, but atleast this chapter is out. I'd love to hear some CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM like I've said before, just be kind. =]
Sign up to rate and review this story