Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love.

Vampires Will Never Hurt You

by -PLWwayy 0 reviews

Fatality is like ghosts in snow and you have no idea what you're up against.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2008-04-21 - Updated: 2008-04-21 - 1147 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3: Vampires Will Never Hurt You
So the next day, after work, I went to the benefit, all dressed up, looking beautiful. Gerard didn’t. By the end of our argument last night, he agreed to go, kissed me goodnight and fell asleep right next to me. But when I came home to get ready that afternoon and he wasn’t there. I called him, he didn’t answer. I called Frank, Ray, Mikey and Matt. He wasn’t with any of them, and none of them could even come to the benefit with me. Looked like I’d be going alone.
I had a miserable time, standing alone, drifting from group to group and having to explain earnestly that Gerard was sick every time someone asked. It was very embarrassing, and I was relieved when the night ended, and I cried all the way home in the cab.
Then I got home I climbed the steps to our 3rd floor apartment, my desperation being replaced by anger, which filled my mind more and more with every step. I walked through the door angrily, threw down my purse and screamed “GERARD ARTHUR WAY, GET OUT HERE RIGHT NOW.” But to no reply. “Gerard? Are you here?” I walked into the bedroom and there he was, sitting on the bed, twisting his fingers nervously and looking apprehensive. “Gerard..” I fumed. “ Where were you? Why didn’t you come to the Benefit? I was worried sick!” He said nothing, but looked me up and down, like he was drinking in the image of me standing there, in my $700 dress and high, high stilettos, with my hair curled and swept up, and make up I had gone to pains to get absolutely perfect. “No you weren’t. Not about me, anyway. You were worried that you’d have nobody with you at your benefit, so all the socialites would think less of you. So, who’d you take this time? My father?” I was hurt. I folded my arms and said quietly “I didn’t take anyone, Gerard.” He looked stunned for a minute, as if to say Oh, really? But he said nothing. He just sat there until he regained the expression of indifference he had worn before and I did nothing either so we remained like that silently until I said quietly “Have you been drinking?” He laughed, looked up at me and said “No.” I sensed it was the truth. I could also sense he had something to say to me, so I sat down next to him, folded my hands over each other and looked into his eyes, trying to figure out what it was. He took a deep breathe and said “Honey. You cannot deny that for the past 4 months we have both been living in misery.” I started to talk but he cut me off and continued. “I figured that if I couldn’t bring myself to go to that benefit that I’d pack my bags and be gone by the time you got home. And I was going to, but for some reason instead I came in here, sat and thought. I thought about you, and me, and how we had got this way. I fucking hate my job, but you seem to love yours. I know I drink a lot, and I know that that must hurt you a lot. I act like a fucking dickhead when I’ve been drinking, we both know that. And Honey, for that, I am so sorry. But regardless, we have to figure this out. And heres what I propose: I’m going to give it one more chance. If I ever come home wasted, ever drag you out drinking with me, try to hurt you or fight with you when I’m drunk, or anything like that, then you can leave. Or kill me.” He looked so serious… I was sure he meant that. It scared me too. Usually I’d just brush it off as the liquor talking, but I couldn’t this time… And what he said next confirmed it. “Sometimes, baby, its just like I can’t live with you, but I can’t live without you either. And it’s true. If you ever left me, I wouldn’t want to live anymore. I couldn’t live anymore. So, if I ever mess up again, you have to kill me, or I’ll do it myself. Simple. But, Honey, you have to change too. You can’t spend hours locked in your room anymore, so absorbed in that mirror you can’t remember my name, dressing yourself up for no one. You can’t go out every night straight after work, forgetting about me and leaving me here. You can’t pretend I don’t exist and just block me out whenever it suits you. You can’t take my brother, or any of my friends out on dates and then come home and brag to me about it afterwards. Okay? I’m sorry, I don’t want to upset you baby, but you’re really going to have to try too.” I looked out the window, tears forming in my eyes and saw that it was getting lighter. At that time, for some reason, I figured if we sorted it out by sunrise, everything would be OK, so I hurriedly turned and looked at him. “Gerard, I totally agree. I love you, and I don’t want to lose you. I promise to spend more time with you.” I took his hands in mine and sat facing him. “Okay? And if we broke up, I would kill myself too.” That was my mistake. He suddenly looked up at me brightly, as though he’d just had the most brilliant idea. “exactly! We could kill ourselves. Each other. Then, we’ll die together, so we can never break up! Never be apart. You’ll be mine forever. Honey, you’re a genius! Not only that, but we should take all the other fuckers out there down with us too. Fuck yeah.” He had a bright spark in his eye. I hadn’t seen him this passionate about anything in a long time. And as sweet as it was, bitterness was building up inside me and making me feel sick. “Gerard, we can’t just go on a killing spree. What if we got caught? Cops?” I said, trying to make him see some sort of reason. He brushed away the suggestion, seemingly annoyed by it, and said hastily “Don’t worry about that shit baby. It doesn’t matter. I’ll never let anyone hurt you. I’ll never let them hurt you. I promise.” I nodded hesitantly and looked out at the rising sun. But this morning it meant more than just a new day for me and Gerard...
Sign up to rate and review this story