Categories > Original > Romance > Vitch

Chapter 5

by Ninja_CoCo 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance,Sci-fi - Published: 2008-04-26 - Updated: 2008-04-27 - 1201 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5: The Park


I walk into the house and Oreo greets me, wagging his tail. I pet him on the head and walk up stairs to put my things in my room. After changing into dry clothes, I pick up Oreo’s bowl and fill it with food.
I can’t help but think about how Connor miraculously found me in the rain. It’s almost impossible for someone to do that, especially if someone just met them a few days ago in the dark. How did he know that I was walking home? There was none one to be found except the few people that were running a little bit late getting home from work.
I start dinner, baked chicken with rice, before my parents arrive home. That will lighten their load when they see the pile of papers that need to be signed.

“Hey, Ana,” my dad says as he walks through the door with my mom following. “Thanks for making dinner.”
“No problem,” Taking the chicken out of the oven and pouring the rice into the boiling water. I turn off the heat. “How was your day?”
“Good,” my dad says, giving me a hug.
“Great,” my mom says, patting Oreo on the head, then giving me a hug. “How was school?”
“Boring, as usual. You guys have papers to sign.
“Great,” my mom says sarcastically, but with a smile on her face, which then twists into confusion, “What is your hair wet?”
“I missed the bus and tried to walk home, but it started to rain. One of my new friends happened to see me and drove me home.”
“Oh, I’m sorry, sweetie.”
“It’s fine.” I give her a hug and then was off to set the table. We ate dinner and talked about what they liked and didn’t like about the area.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
After signing papers, we watch a little bit of T.V. and head off to bed. As I lay in my bed trying to sleep, Oreo whines to let me know that he has to do his business. I climb out of bed and slip on my shoes. I attach the leash to his collar and turn on the flashlight as I lock the door with my house key.
I know about a nearby park that my grandma took me to when I was younger. The crisp fall air alerts me, making me jump at everything I see. Footsteps startle me as I continue to walk along and I stop abruptly. The sight I see after I turn around and look is even more frightening. It’s someone dressed in all black with a hood covering his face. Something about his aura scares me and I quicken my pace and his doesn’t slacken. It rushes with mine. I can hear Oreo’s thunderous growl building up and I tap him on his backside to keep him quiet.
“Ana!” I hear his voice call my name and I stop. “I’m to your left.” His voice is urgent and I turn to see him crouched behind a bush, his hand extended. They’re like ice, his hands and he pulls me behind the bush with him, taking Oreo’s leash from me.

^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^

He looks around to see if the person was still following me. Anger fills his face and eyes, which make me worry a bit.
“He was going to hurt you…” He thought aloud. “I thought I told you to stay inside at night,” he turns to look at me sternly. The light of the street lamp shine down on him, his black hair waving as a breeze brushes by. All I can do is gawk at his dazzling face. His eyes are searching mine for an answer. Anguish takes over when he can’t read me.
“How do you know he was going to hurt me?” I finally ask and I shake out of my daze.
“I could tell.”
“How?”
“I could just tell, I mean, it’s dark and he was following you.”
“Oh,” I want to retort something else, but I bite my tongue. “So, why are you here?”
“It’s a free country…” His face is happier now. “Plus, no one can hurt me.”
“Oh really, what makes you think that?” I ask, sardonically.
“I have my reasons, and they are secret.”
“So, why are behind a bush? Is this your secret headquarters?”
“Actually, no. I saw him following you and thought I should be a good Samaritan. Even though I know I’m dammed to hell.” He adds dryly.
“What makes you say that?” My face is contorted into confusion and sarcasm.
“I can’t really tell you. All I can say is that I’m dangerous, and that we shouldn’t hang around each other.” His voice was stern,
My face contorts into more confusion and hurt. How could this beautiful stranger be dangerous? “I feel safe around you.”
He gets up and extends his hand to help me up. I take it reluctantly and he effortlessly brings me to my feet, his cold hands sending electric shocks through my body.
“I’ll walk you home.” It’s almost effortless when he drops my hand.”
“Can I ask you a few questions?”
“I’d rather you didn’t,” He sighs. “But I do have one for you.”
“Shoot.”
“What are you thinking?”
I stop in mid-step and look at him confusedly. Usually people understand my facial expressions, “Why?”
“Forget it.” He starts to walk again.
“No really, why?” I sprint to catch up, but of course, I trip. Connor catches me quickly with one arm to brace my fall, “Thanks.”
“Don’t mention it, just be careful please.” His voice is still stern, but easing. “So, tell me about yourself.”
“Uhmm…Well, I used to live in Florida. As you can see, I have a dog, his name is Oreo. Uh…I’m a klutz.”
He bursts out in laughter. “I can tell.” He manages to say between chuckles.
I look down to hide my face. My cheeks glow red with embarrassment . He takes a peek at me to see my expression and he melodic laughter faces. But he’s still smiling.
“Ana,” he says as he puts his hand on my shoulder .
“Yes,” I freeze and look down.
“Look at me,” he lightly presses his cold fingertips under my chin to lift my head, making my eyes meet his. “It’s cute how clumsy you are.”
That comment makes me blush even more.
“You feel warm. I think you might be getting a fever.” He removes his hand from under my chin and places it on my forehead, but then takes it away.
“Nah, I’m fine.” I say shaking my head. I look around to see that we are in front of my house.
“Get inside and sleep well.” He says and hands Oreo’s leash to me after I unlock the door.
With a shy smile, “You too.”
Sign up to rate and review this story