Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > This is my confession to the crimes of wanting you badly

One

by kristinluvspete 2 reviews

Songs by a band named Between The Trees inspired this story. Pete and Kristin have feelings for each other and both know it but are too scared to jeopardize the friendship.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2008-04-29 - Updated: 2008-04-30 - 1459 words

0Unrated
This story is based off of some songs by Between The Trees, listen to it, I love this song! Vans Warped tour this summer!

This call is meant to be brief
a simple hello ending with goodbye
Then you say hello
now, I am melting
and now my goodbye
becomes a goodnight
I don't mind if you don't mind
please say you do not mind if this call
goes on all night
cause I have more to say
my afternoon was O.K.
my evening was fine but this night
I want it to be the best night
of our lives

Sweet Darling
this is my confession to
the crimes of wanting you badly
And Darlin' if you're wondering
here's your answer
yes I like you
I don't love you
I can't love you
yet

These calls are getting longer
and these nights go on
and on and on forever
I do believe I'm getting better
knowing you
hopefully all of you
Sitting watching movies
we both know I do not watch a bit of it
cause I am much too busy
leaving my hand close enough
so you'll hold it

Sweet Darling
this is my confession to
the crimes of wanting you badly
And Darlin' if you're wondering
here's your answer
yes I like you
I don't love you
I can't love you

And I can not stop thinking about you
I can not stop wondering
if you're constantly
thinking about me
Don't close your eyes dear I'm still staring
I won't lie dear I'm still breathing
even though your beauty is breath taking

Sweet Darling
this is my confession to
the crimes of wanting you badly
And Darlin' if you're wondering
here's your answer
yes I like you
I can't love you
I can't love you


He likes her, she likes him. That should be enough right? They both know there is something between them, but never make a move. Too scared to make the step, afraid of rejection, afraid of losing it all. Both have been hurt many times before and know what the other has been through. They need each other but refuse to admit it, even to themselves. This is the story of Pete Wentz and Kristin Johnson. Best friend's since the beginning of time. They grew up in the same neighborhood and have been inseparable ever since. They share their secrets and fears with each other, but never their true feelings for the other.

Kristin laid on her back watching America's Funniest something or other, laughing histerically. Pete was in the kitchen fidling with something while Hemingway sat at his feet.

"Dude quit begging, I'm not giving you anything." Pete told his pleading dog. Did the dog move? Nope, just stayed put and held his gaze on Pete's food. Pete turned and left the kitchen, bowl of popcorn in hand. Kristin lifted her legs and then lowered them again after Pete had sat down. The popcorn bowl rested on her thighs and they continued to watch people making a fool of themselves.

"I saw that smile! See! I told you I could make you feel better," Kristin said triumphantly. Pete just smiled and shook his head. He and Ashlee broke up about 2 days earlier. They just wanted different things. She didn't want kids and he did. Simple as that. Neither was willing to compromise and the engagement was broken. Ashlee had come by yesterday and taken all of her belongings from his place and it was one of the hardest moments of his life. The only thing that made him happy now was Kristin.

Kristin sat up and set the popcorn bowl between them. Her phone was ringing across the room. She ran over and answered it.

"Hello?" Her face lit up. Pete watched her as she chatted with whoever was on the phone. God she is beautiful he thought to himself. He's always had a crush on his best friend, but never wants to take it further.

"Ok, I'll be there in about an hour. Bye!" She hung up her phone and then plopped back down on the couch next to Pete.

"Who was that?" He asked nonchalantly as he popped a handful of popcorn into his mouth.

"Amy, she wants to go shopping with me later this afternoon. You can come too!" She grabbed his fore arm and smiled. "You can help us pick out clothes."

"I don't know if I feel like going anywhere." He was hesitant to go.

"Please! We'll cheer you up! Starbucks, my treat!" She said and this made him smile ear to ear.

"I'll buy Starbucks for everyone, and I guess I'll come." Kristin squealed and hugged Pete tightly. Kristin inhaled his scent and it made her stomach fill with butterflies. The feeling of his arms around her felt so good. She'd never make a move on Pete though, guys always freak out when they find that a friend likes them. With her luck she'd get rejected is what she thought everytime she wanted to kiss him.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Kristin, Amy and Pete wandered down a sunny LA street with their Starbucks. This was Pete and Kristin's obsession, Starbucks not walking down the street. Each time a sale sign was in the window, the girls ran in immediately, Pete following close behind. Pete was looking at some sunglasses across the store when Amy began questioning Kristin.

"So, is there something going on with you and Pete?" She asked as she searched the rack for her size.

"No, why do you always ask that?" Kristin held a top up to herself and then put it back and looked for another size. Damn my boobs! she thought. She always had to buy a bigger size because she was a petite woman, only about 5'4'', weighed 115 and had size D boobs. She was very curvy for her size and got plenty of attention, but did like most of it. Her heart has been broken many many times from guys who were only interested in her body.

"Because it's so obvious you two like each other."

"He doesn't like me, we're just friends," Kristin contested. She liked him, but would never admit it.

"Whatever," Amy said laughing and Pete walked up seconds later wearing the funniest sunglasses. They were white and covered 80% of his face. Kristin turned and burst into laughter.

"Oh my god! I need a picture!" Kristin immediately pulled out her sidekick and Pete posed for the pic. "This will be on the internet tomorrow!"

"At least I'm not naked this time," he joked and the girls laughed. Pete always makes jokes about that fiasco. Shit happens, and that's exactly Pete's idea on things like that. Can't change it, so might as well make the most of it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

That night Pete sat alone in his bedroom flipping through channels. Well, he wasn't exactly alone, Hemmy was there. He glanced down at his phone before dialing Kristin's number. He just needed to hear her voice. He was still upset about the breakup and Kristin was the only thing getting him through it.

"Hello Peter Peter," Kristin said her childhood nickname for him.

"Hey, I'm bored."

"You ok?"

"Yea, just thinking I guess. I'm not used to being alone." Pete looked at the other side of the bed. He was incredibly lonely right now.

"It'll be ok, just give it some time. Do I need to come over?"

"Nah, I'll be fine, I think. I just wish I could stop thinking about it."

"Play some video games or write a song or something."

"I don't feel like doing anything. And I can't sleep because it's all I think about."

"Are you sure you don't need me to come over?" Kristin was concerned and Pete could hear it in her voice. She would drop everything and run to help him if he needed it. He once flew her out to Japan at the last minute because of something that happened with him and Jenae. Pete thought for a minute before answering. The thought of holding Kristin all night made him feel better.

"It would feel good to have some company," he said. He didn't want to express how much he needed her, and he didn't want to admit it to himself.

Kristin arrived about twenty minutes later and let herself in. She had a key to his place and he had a key to hers, for emergencies. She was in her PJs; she wore the 'Make Love Not Wentz' shirt and black PJ shorts. She climbed into bed with Pete and wrapped her arms around his waist. He slowly wrapped his tattooed arms around her and they said nothing. She knew he just needed company and he knew that he needed her.
Sign up to rate and review this story