Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > .::Don't You Know Who I Think I Am?::.

On Top Of The World (ch.3)

by Fueled_By_Katherine 1 review

What does Patrick want to ask drea??! Will she ever make it through the detention alive??

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-05-08 - Updated: 2008-05-19 - 738 words

0Unrated
Detention flew by quickly just as Trick said, but boy oh boy did Mrs. Martinez have a lot of work for me to do. When I left it seemed as if even the chalkboard, which was usually always covered in a heavy film of chalk dust, had a gleam to it. I glided down the hall and Trick was already waiting for me out in the courtyard. The warm spring air was blowing his hair across his face and he smiled and waved me over, he seemed kind of jumpy, is he excited about something?“Hey Trick!”

“Whoa, did Martinez show you mercy and let you leave early on good behavior?”

“Pretty much, yeah, thanks for waiting for me, what was it that you wanted to tell me?”

“Oh right, I forgot about that ha-ha its two things actually, first one is easiest to explain,” he smiled again and bounced up and down on his seat. “You know how the guys and I have been getting together on weekends? Well we’ve actually been considering putting together a band, I mean think about it Drea! I sing, Pete sings and plays Bass, Andy and Joe have the guitar and drums covered!”

“Trick, that sounds great! Why haven’t you told me and Kendra about it?”

“Well, we didn’t want to yet, we wanted to see how it worked for us first, but that’s not the best part yet… We have our first tomorrow night at The Social and I wanted to tell you that if you don’t go I will be broken hearted,” He pouted and made a puppy dog face, the one I couldn’t resist.

“Oh my god! Trick of coarse I will go! This is amazing! I can’t wait to congratulate the guys. And you have probably the most amazing voice I have ever heard, but you haven’t sung to me in such a long time…, that’s it! You guys can play in my living room tonight!”

“Sure. Nothing too crazy though okay.”

“Deal, what about the other thing?”

“Oh right, that ones going to be harder to ask,” he removed his hat and ran his fingers through his hair as he tried to assemble his thoughts.

“Just ask it.”

“You are in love with Pete aren’t you… and don’t even try to lie to me, I know you too well Drea.” His stare interpreting my every move, could see my eyes searching for something to say that would make a lie sound believable. Then I stopped thinking and looked into his eyes, I can’t lie to Patrick.

“Oh alright you caught me,” I threw my hands up in a surrender, “But how did you figure it out?”

“Actually, I didn’t. This makes it better for him, you should hear the way he was gushing to me about you the other day” he smiled and put his hat back on.

“Oh my god…. He likes me too?!” My world was spinning and I had to grip the chair before I fell over. The one boy who I longed to be with, the boy who kept me up at night dreaming of him, the boy who would hug me and I would want nothing more than to be in his arms forever, that exact boy has feelings for me?! It’s too good to be true! “Patrick if you’re screwing with me it’s not funny”

“I’m not, I swear on my life, but Drea please hear me out before you start falling in over your head. Pete loves to party and he doesn’t always make the best decisions on, well, just about everything. I don’t want you to change or do anything stupid, if you two do ever end up getting together. If he ever hurt you, i would probably kill him; promise me you will be smart about this.”

“You got it!” I smiled and reached across the table and hugged my best friend, I felt as If I were on top of the world.

“And now my lady, off to thy house to watch thy movies with thy friends.”

“Patrick, don’t even try the Shakespearian talk! If you say ‘thy’ again I am going to pull my hair out”

“Aww I thought I sounded cool” he said looking confused. Then we both walked off to his car laughing.
Sign up to rate and review this story