Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Broken Hearts And Broken Smiles

Broken Hearts And Broken Smiles

by deniiwilliams 3 reviews

It's been four years. She swore she was over him, she could even listen to his songs and feel nothing. But with a wedding to go to and with Brendon closer than she would like, it's bound to be a...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2008-05-10 - Updated: 2008-05-10 - 813 words

2Original
This was it. This was the day. This was the moment that was going to change my life forever. He had asked me to meet him at the park, the very park that we had shared our first kiss. I remember everything about that day, it was warm and sunny when we had got there, but by the time our lips collided, the rain had started pouring. Some would say cliché, I would quite simply say beautiful.

We had been friends for years, since I had first moved to Summerlin from London when I was 12 and I had knobbly knees, a flat chest and braces. When I had fell off of my skateboard, and he had offered to help me up, taking me to his mother who bandaged it and gave me ice cream. She had become like a second mother to me. Like the one that I had on the other side of the world, back in rainy, dreary, grey England.

From that day on we were nearly inseparable, we fought like cat and dog on a weekly basis but we wordlessly made up, as if our fights never really mattered. Some days when I felt low I would climb out of my window and sneak into his house late at night. I'd lie there with him singing me lullabies, convincing me that it was all going to be okay.

It was on one of those days that I realised that I loved him. For some reason, that time when I climbed through his window and saw him sitting there strumming his guitar he looked different. As if I was seeing him for the first time, and I mean really seeing him. The way his hair fell slightly into his eye, the way his tongue poked out of the corner of his mouth when he was focusing, the way his callous hands strummed at his guitar. And for some reason, unbeknown to me, I longed to feel his hands on me. I longed to be that guitar.

I was shocked to say the least by my sudden feelings and when he looked up I was overcome with emotion, I had no choice but to run...well climb away. Once I had got to my room my phone beeped, revealing that I had just received a message from Brendon to meet him in the park at noon the next day.

When I got there he was already there, pacing in front of the bench, mumbling words and then shaking his head to start again. Upon noticing me he turned. Words were spoken without being literally said. I looked at him and he looked at me. He took a step closer with caution and I did the same. He placed a hand on my cheek and I glanced up, biting my lip nervously.

His face came closer to mine uncertain whether to close the gap, to change our friendship forever. I looked back down to the ground while trying desperately to figure out what was going through his mind. But then his hand on my cheek forced me to look into his eyes and I couldn't help but be the one to close the gap that had been between us for too long.

This kiss was sweet and soft. Like a rose petal on a spring day. There was no hormone takeovers, no wild movement of hands or hands running through hair. It was strangely innocent.

The ice cold rain was falling harder now, harder than I had ever felt it fall before soaking me to the bone, but I didn't care at all because his lips were on mine making me feel warm and tingly all over. What started out as an innocent kiss had ended in a passionate, long and slow tongue fight and the rest, as they say is history.

We have been going out for seven months since that day and I have a feeling that this meeting at the park is going to form the best day of my life. I'm convinced he is going to say it. I'm convinced that he is going to do it. He's going to say that he loves me. Finally, after seven months...


-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_


Dear Diary,

I was right. It's a good thing that I can read through the tears as cliche and sad as it sounds.

18th November 2004 at 1:34pm

This was it. This was the day. This was the moment that was going to change my life forever.

The moment Brendon Urie broke my heart



A/N: This is it guys, the Prologue. I hope you like it. It isn't the end though. This is meant to be a chaptered story. But I thought I'd put this up to see if you like it.
Sign up to rate and review this story